LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cannabidiol (CBD) Oil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cannabidiol (CBD) Oil
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone on this forum used it? Any success/symptom relief?

It is my understanding that it has a completely different chemical structure than THC and is 100% legal in the United States. I am looking for a reputable place to order from where it is high quality/organic/potent?

It is also my understanding you don't get high from this. I used to smoke but had to stop in my early twenties due to anxiety from it. Don't want to get high.

Thanks for all your help. Hope everyone is improving.

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up I want to know too

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/126074#000000

Topic: Cannabis oil included in protocols?

Sept. 2013 - CD57 started this thread
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's not legal, unless you live in a state that has either medical marijuana (and you have a card), or in CO now.

It's sad that this is so, as it is apparently incredibly healing. But it is so. Some people do it anyway, but it's a risk. Plus, you don't know what you are getting that way in terms of the strain that you want, which is low THC and high cannibinoids.

There are some on the other thread who are doing it. They live in the right states for it.

Also, no, you cannot buy it unless you have a MMJ card in the right state. Any ad you see for it is a a scam. Don't go near that. Who knows what you'd get, if anything.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am almost to the point of trying it. I've heard too many people with Lyme say its amazing and since it's oil you can control it so you don't get high. Titrate up and down as needed.

Honestly, I'd just buy it from someone. Who really cares at this point about the law? Just get it from someone you trust and watch YouTube vids on how to do it from there.

Rumi is right. I've been prescribed soo many more dangerous drugs legally.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some. I am experimenting with it. Droid, tell us more about what you have heard?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listened twice to Dr John Hick's talk online during the Healthy Gut Summit called "The Healing Power of Cannabidiol (CBD)".

He presented some really amazing information!

CBD is a constituent of marijuana, but it has no psychotropic effects and contains no THC.

It should not be confused with other medical compounds which may contain THC.

CBD can be extracted from the hemp plant which is a different variety of the cannabis plant, and cannot be grown in the US.

CBD oil can be imported legally in the US and CBD is legal in all 50 states and 40 countries.

He talked about the human endocannabinoid system and the amazing power of CBD to reduce gut inflammation by decreasing cytokines, kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells, stabililize neurons and prevent loss of dopamine, so it can help people with Parkinsons and Alzheimers, help with seizures, is antibacterial, increases bone formation, increases myelin production, may help grow new cells, modulates appetite, can affect fat storage and production, decreases anxiety and has a calming effect on the brain, modulates sensory input, is useful for PTSD, cerebral palsy and more!

He said that it is neuroprotective, and decreases dementia. In the case of Alzheimers, CBD can engulf plaques and destroy them!

He said that one should start with a small dose. CBD is not addictive and you will not build a tolerance to it.

It should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women since there is not enough known about it's use in that context.

He gave HempMedsPX as the site to go to for high quality CBD products.

Dr Hicks said there are thousands of papers written about CBD and it is well studied.

He said it is safe for kids...start at low dose.

His website is JohnHicksMD.com

He said to direct questions to this email address:

[email protected]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following link is NOT the talk that I listened to during the Healthy Gut Summit, but it is a radio interview with Dr John Hicks about Cannabidiol.

I think anyone who is interested will find it informative and helpful.

http://www.voiceamerica.com/episode/76101/what-is-cbd-and-how-does-this-relate-to-hemp-with-john-hicks-md

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would stay away from this. This Dr either has no idea what he is talking about or he is in bed with that company....

Hemp/CBD oil is not the same thing as true Cannabis Oil.

Hemp oil has 25 PPM of CBD, where Cannabis Oil has 150k PPM

http://www.mintpressnews.com/hemp-oil-versus-cbd-oil-whats-the-difference/193962/

Any product that is advertised and sold online to all 50 states is Hemp oil made from the hemp plant and is made from industrial hemp waste--- ie hemp stalks and seeds.

Basically these companies are jumping on the CBD bandwagon and profiting from it when they are selling a worthless product FOR WAY TOO MUCH MONEY.

http://www.projectcbd.org/news/hemp-oil-hustlers-a-project-cbd-special-report-on-medical-marijuana-inc-hempmeds-and-kannaway/

I have also seen a lab report for Hempmedspx that someone had tested, and it contained very high levels of Heavy Metals. It was from a private group, i will check to see if i can post it here.

Some info on Hempmedspx

http://www.ladybud.com/2014/05/27/adjustment-sickness-from-hempmedspx-rsho-not-a-normal-reaction-to-cannabis/

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

jb151,

The Dr made it clear that CBD was not cannabis oil and that the brand he recommended was made from hemp and therefore had a high CBD content without the THC.

That was part of his point, that CBD is not addictive, one does not develop a tolerance, and has no psychotropic effect, while being legal.

There are many thousands of studies and papers on CBD.

Dr Hicks is an MD who practices Integrative Holistic Medicine and is a researcher focusing on the human endocannabinoid system, especially the immune system and nervous system dysfunction. He is also a pediatrician with 35 years experience and works with kids with autism.

The Healthy Gut Summit was hosted by Donna Gates, founder of Body Ecology. There were 32 functional medicine speakers.

I would not simply discount this information.

I have read some great studies on PubMed.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard him too - sounded great. He said there are 20K studies being published a year on it now. Don't discount this info!

So I too am interested in hearing any reportbacks from folks who have tried it.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
following

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am currently using about 3 x 15 drops daily. I have been using it for a month. I worked up slowly and did have a herx or two while working up, mostly a headache.

I thought I would give it about 3 months. Only Lyme symptom improvement I notice is I may be sleeping sounder. I still wake up tired but I am asleep longer and there are days I have a little more energy. I put a drop on a cut and it was healed the next day. Scab was gone too.

I reviewed several vendors and went with Bluebird-botanicals.

So the jury is out and watching.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx, Matt - any reporting here appreciated.

Anyone else?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't trust John Hicks. This new "legal oil" trend has a lot of baggage attached. I think this is going to eventually de-legitimize the powers of Cannabis oil. There is a lot of "snake oil" type con game stuff going on right now with CBD oil.

IT IS NOT CANNABIS OIL AND IT IS NOT CURING CANCER.

Rick Simpson was on to something.He uses large potent colas from the cannabis plant. Not Hemp. That oil -(Phoenix tears, Rick Simpson Oil) IS MEDICINE. It is shrinking tumors. It is helping people walk again. It is a Miracle for many people.

Hemp seed oil is not. If they are making paste from the hemp plant and selling it as CBD oil, this is very dubious.

Numerous CBD oil pump and dump scams have been perpetrated in the past few years involving fraudulent material made from Hemp.

Hemp is not what saved Charlotte Figi's life. It is not the same plant as a cannabis plant. And it does not produce the buds from which the meds are made.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/hemp-oil-versus-cbd-oil-whats-the-difference/193962/

http://www.vice.com/read/desperately-seeking-cbd

http://www.hightimes.com/read/difference-between-hemp-oil-and-high-cbd-strains

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cannabidiol-cbd/

Industrial hemp is not potent enough in either CBD or THC to make any kind of effective oil. Hemp seed oil is healthful and good for you but will not put you in remission.

ANY CBD OIL YOU PURCHASE IS FEDERALLY ILLEGAL.

If it's legal, then you are buying sludge made from industrial hemp and you might as well spackle the wall with it. Do not get ripped off.

The cannabis movement is an important one. We're now starting to be bombarded with a lot of bad, confusing and sometimes dangerous information. We need to stay alert and informed.

Cannabis has been very helpful to me in the past, in terms of treating symptoms. But I have not tried Rick Simpson oil, or juicing raw cannabis, because it is illegal where I currently reside.
I know someone whose infant died from the same Disease as Charlotte Figi, because the meds are illegal here. Infuriating. If they had purchased industrial hemp "CBD oil" they'd still have lost their baby and would have written off Cannabis as a lousy med. It isn't.

Please. PLEASE. If you want to use cannabis legally without legal repercussions, make your representatives aware of this. That's how it's done. If you have money, spend some on the legalization movement. Industrial hemp is not going to do anything for you. This is not a loophole. It is another con taking advantage of sick unhappy people like ourselves.

CBD oil is ILLEGAL! If you're buying it through the mail, you're either breaking the law and risking big fines and/or jail time, or you are getting hosed by one of these sham companies. Please read the links. If you want good meds, MAKE our lousy corporate bootsucking reps give them to us.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Hicks is associated with KAnnaway. Kannaway is one of the slimeball companies that is trying to pass off industrial hemp as good legal medicine. It's snake oil and Dr. John Hicks is a snake for hire.

http://www.ladybud.com/2014/10/14/hemp-oil-hustlers-a-project-cbd-special-report-on-medical-marijuana-inc-hempmeds-and-kannaway/

Please excuse my rudeness but we are confused enough and continually abused and exploited by the Medical world. We don't need another scam run on us by some 2-bit hustlers.

John Hick's Industrial hemp oil is crap and I'd love to know what his price was to push it. Maybe he doesn't even know what he's pushing

Stay FAR away from Kannaway and Hemp meds. If you want Rick Simpson oil you can purchase it at a legal dispensary or make it yourself.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are excused and your points are well taken. We are searching for the combo that works. I have done a great deal of research. I have read most of Rick Simpson's stuff and watched his videos.

Here is his latest interview with Patrick on One Radio Network.

http://oneradionetwork.com/health/rick-simpson-healing-properties-hemp-oil-con-game-perpetrated-government-february-12-2015/

His take is that the CBD oil is not bad it is that it is not strong enough to make a big difference. He says you need the THC in the oil for healing. So your point and his is that it is a waste of money.

However since I live in Texas I am not able to get it and if I did I would not be telling a bunch of anonymous bloggers. We do not know who is lurking!!! [Smile]

That said I am rifing, using high end colloidal silver, and some of the Cowden drops daily, DE and some other stuff. I am off ABX for now because of high liver enzymes.

You explained your experience in early posts, I understand your passion. I will update how my experience goes but in the end you could well be right, it may be futile. Note that I spent thousands on ABX and improved some but I am still sick. I do not know the total damage that ABX may have caused, but knew I could not continue. The rife has really knocked down my CPN and for that I am grateful!

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any evidence that has been presented to show the oil heals plaques in the brain from alstheimers, or was that just and opinion?

Pathologists confirmed it is lyme in the plaque sites. I should think that would be adequate evidence to prove it attacks lyme.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one doesn't talk about the oil specifically, but does state that THC did.

"Moreover, a recent publication revealed that Δ9-THC significantly increased the expression of neprilysin, an important endopeptidase for Aβ degradation, but not β-site APP cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1), leading to a remarkable reduction of Aβ plaques in 5xFAD APP transgenic mice (Chen et al., 2013)."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942876/

This is another example of THC doing much more than CBD.

In fact, we have no CBD receptors in our bodies, only THC ( CB1) and CBN (CB2).

http://www.mjabroad.com/endocannabinoid-system/

Again, based on my research, this is why Hemp/CBD oil might treat some symptoms but will not heal........

You need the the oil from the Cannabis plant in order to get the "Entourage" effect from the entire plant.

If i had a seizure disorder i would want the oil from a high CBD strain plant, if i was treating a disease i would want the oil from a high THC strain plant.

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. This is up on a mainstream health site and we can't even get the oil. Have I mentioned I dislike the government?

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement