LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does ANYTHING ease your PMS induced lyme flare?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does ANYTHING ease your PMS induced lyme flare?
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping maybe someone had a tip for me. My cycles have become soo miserable. I usually start thinking, "Am I going to live through it this time?," about 5 days before my period starts. Everything get soo much worse. Muscle weakness, malaise, lethargy, feeling like I am somehow losing whatever vital life force that keeps one alive, and of course crazy mood swings, crying, etc.

Will anything help??

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IV Glutathione helps.

If I don't have my line in, then I do coffee enemas and eat a ton of asparagus, which along with celery are diuretics. I also do IN glutathione.

I am sorry you are going through that.

Flares with PMS truly are the worst!

[Frown]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am no expert on these girly things, but have you checked your estrogen/progesterone levels?

Supplementing with a natural progesterone helps many ladies SO much with this.

Sorry for your troubles. Hope you find answers soon!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tongue in cheek...

Baseball bat and a box of chocolates.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the responses guys. I did an enema like you suggested, Greta, and it did help. I feel a bit better today, Thank God!

Thanks,Tincup did you have anything specific in mind?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Magnesium relieves all kinds of symptoms

Dong Quai - specifically for this kind of thing

Scullcap tincture - a calming herb

Liver support to keep circulation going as if the liver is congested, the uterus can cramp more.

An 80% dark chocolate that is gluten-free, Equal Exchange is a nice one

WALNUTS, PECANS, other nuts and good oils, too.

Search: "Tori Hudson, ND" for her book on women's naturopathic health support. Not lyme related, though, still very good detail.
=

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coffee71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coffee71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suffer from neuro Lyme and POTS and 5 days before period my symptoms flare up - brain freezes, dizziness, anxiety, brain fog, legs and arms acting "funny".

I found that one Clonazepam 0.5 mg a day when symptoms start creeping back helps me a lot. And I usually take it first 2-3 days before period.

Funny thing is that I did not want to take clonazepam when I was going trough worst part of Lyme treatment. I was afraid I would get "addicted".

Posts: 191 | From va | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitex and low salt helps me.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gigimac,

Glad you had some relief. Wish I had access to the glutathione or had more info when I was so wickedly miserable. If it works, do it! And be happy!

As for hormones... first some basics.

Question... Do you know what makes a hormone?

Answer... Don't pay her.

OK, bad Tincup. Sometimes I can't help myself.

[lol]

Here are a couple things that you may want to look over.

PMS & Lyme
https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lyme/p-m-s

This site below looks as if it has some good info, though I am not able to read it all right now. I see it has the brand of Natural Progesterone that helped me and many others. What a HUGE relief after years of horrible stuff!

http://www.sheld.com/lifeflo/

I wasn't able to be tested, but I do suggest you test first. I was so desperate, flat out nearly all month at that point, that I'd have eaten rocks if someone suggested it.

Once I got relief, I did read about the problems and "got it". I remember reading Dr. Lee's info, maybe a book way back then? I think this is his website. What an amazing difference.

http://www.johnleemd.com/

I remember, which maybe you've noticed, that every time I went to the docs for help, they kept pushing estrogen on me (in various forms), which made me feel like I wanted to die. Horrendously horrible!

It was VERY difficult to finally find a doc who would prescribe the natural progesterone. Ended up going to the pharmacy and asking which docs were prescribing it so I could get someone who knew what to do, instead of all the dead ends I was hitting.

Hope something here helps you!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Judie, does the vitex help right away or do you have to take it a while first?

Thanks for all the info. everyone!! I am due any day so hopefully the misery will be over (for two weeks anyway) [Frown]

Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitex helped me within about a month or two. It helped my friend the first month. She also took something called DIM.

I take 1 pill by Physiologics in the morning (I've done other brands, 400-500mg in the AM seems to be the dose for me). It's cheap, probably one of the cheapest supplements I use.

You can also do the tincture at a low dose everyday, something like 20 drops in water in the AM.

The only side effect I've had is that it made my boobs bigger. LOL. Just a warning because my ND didn't tell me it could do that till I mentioned it to her.

If you do a search for PMS and Vitex, a ton of info comes up on google.

From PMS To Menopause: Vitex May Be Your Next Best Friend
http://www.saraholeary.net/from-pms-menopause-vitex-may-be-your-next-best-friend/

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium and magnesium rich foods.

Vitex...you can check for brands and reviews at iHerb.com.

Rhodiola may help also.
My periods were becoming irregular and I thought I had gone into menopause.
Then I began taking Rhodiola twice daily, and my periods started again and continued for another year.

Now I take Vitex to control the hot flashes.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say menopause but that causes a whole new set of sx. Take the PMS. That means you are younger.

To answer your question yes, it does increase the sx prior to that time. But I seen many female changes almost immediately into the illness.

PMS stronger, clots, heavy cycles for days. The bad guys felt like they were camped out in my female organs. Even ovulation was painful.

I was 42 when it began and had been infertile for many many years. I was afraid my body was so messed up that I might become pregnant due to weirdness of it all.

I hope you find something that helps you besides the bat.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement