LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please help..digestive issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help..digestive issues
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK..I don't want to gross anyone out here but within the past 3-4 weeks something has gone wrong with my digestion. I can't have a normal BM. I can barely have one at all but it's not like I'm constipated. My stomach is really gurgly and when something does come out, it's loose and not usually hard (sorry!) but then only a little comes out. I'm starting to think there's a blockage or something.??? I took citrate of magnesia yesterday and it seemed to clean me out (!) but today it's back to the gurgly belly. I can't seem to even get the gas out let alone have a BM. Anyone have some ideas of what might be going on? I'm sure I should probably call my dr. but thought I'd check in here first. SO SICK OF DOCTORS.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you currently on antibiotics?

Are you taking probiotics?

Have you recently switched either of the above to a new kind, or began a new supplement or med?

Does your stomach hurt? Does it cramp when it gurgles?

Or just makes the noise?

If you are on antibiotics, I would suggest you need to see your doc.

C-diff, or antibiotic induced diareha (even though it's just loose at this point), is not something to mess with.

If you don't have Florastor (or another brand sacc boullardi), it may be a good idea to start taking that, but away from your antibiotics, while you wait to see the doc.

Also, are you eating a paleo/yeast free diet?

Sometimes folks with candida of the stomach mention gurgling and soft stools.

While waiting to see your doc, maybe try removing breads, potatoes, rice, yams, corn and carrots and most fruits (except berries) to see if it helps.

Body Ecology has been a good eating plan for many folks to help get good flora levels back up in their guts.

Best wishes
Greta

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry just reread your post [Smile]

You mentioned 3-4 weeks.

Is it possible that you may have eaten something while celebrating the holidays with family and friends that could have maybe given you this stomach issue?

Maybe out too long, or even too rich etc?

I know I have seen some magnificent canapes that look unidentifiable after half hour on a table.

Haha.

Or maybe gluten is sneaking into your food somehow?

Just brainstorming.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Greta, I'm not on antibiotics. I had started a new supplement around the holidays and thought it was due to that so I stopped the supplement but that was two weeks ago. I am taking a good probiotic and I am gluten free. I do eat carrots though, but avoid all the other things you mentioned.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still could be candida. Consider adding cultured vegetables to your diet.

Are you eating carbs and sugars?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kefir is good for replacing gut bacteria that you need to digest food and make vitamins.

I had a remarkable reduction in both gas and aroma, after drinking one cup per day for a week.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

I need to stop eating potato chips. I don't eat sugar or gluten. After all this time I still haven't tried kefir. Can I buy it somewhere unsweetened?
lifewithlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifewithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of health food stores sell unsweetened versions. Hope you get relief soon!
Posts: 588 | From Wallingford, CT USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol in PA:
Kefir is good for replacing gut bacteria that you need to digest food and make vitamins.

I had a remarkable reduction in both gas and aroma, after drinking one cup per day for a week.

Yes, this is really effective and some good cultures are available on ebay. Use goat milk if you can to make it.

If you have been on a lot of antibiotics this can be the cause. Get yourself a good probiotic, shift to raw foods as much as possible, use kefir and yogurt.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement