LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Did bioidenticals make you worse before better.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did bioidenticals make you worse before better.
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anxiety beyond belief. Anyone experience

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm jus exactly what is a bioidentical? Is it something the pharmacist makes?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't think it is just your hormones. I forgot to tell you the NP gave me a complete hormone test. I had to collect urine and send in the sample. It came back with my levels for EVERYTHING.

That might help you so you know for certain where you are instead of experimenting with progesterone and biest (better than triest).

I was low in pregnenolone, the master hormone. You can buy that at a health food store and it was very beneficial to me when I went through menopause.

She said I had adrenal fatigue and told me to take two Cortisol Manager tablets in the evening. This is helping.

But guess what? After getting all that testing and adjusting done, I am going through one of the most stressful anxious and angry times of my life! It has gotten much worse in the last couple of days. Very bart like.

I am going to see Dr. F next week and I will let you know what he thinks I have. It is very neuro, that is for sure. I have explosive headaches everyday but that is it for physical symptoms. Imetrex knocks it out if I take it immediately.

Oh - and I can't sleep. In the last week I have had to use ambien every night. I dread trying to wean myself off of it. The Ambien makes me a wreck too, so if you are taking that, it might be part of the problem.

I sure feel for you and hope you get some relief.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hormones cause me extreme anxiety...

Someone told me once that parasites have hormone receptors on them, I have to wonder if that plays some role in hormone replacement side-effects...even with bio-identicals...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried a progesterone cream once and felt horrible...sweaty, racing heart, just plain weird. Obviously, I did not need it...yet.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear, bio-identical hormones are compounded just for you at a compounding pharmacy. The doctor often does a saliva or urine test to find out what your levels are and then prescribes accordingly, but a lot of doctors just adjust according to how you feel.

They are made from plants, not horse urine, and they test in your body the same as naturally produced hormones. I feel better on them.

Progesterone is a very calming hormone. You produce it during pregnancy so you don't have a period. That is why most women sleep so well during pregnancy.

When you deliver the baby, progesterone levels plunge (same right before your period) and so does your tranquility. That is why women get insomnia after deliver and post parted depression.

"Compounded estrogen formulations for menopause contain estradiol, estrone and/or estriol. Currently, products such as Biest (biestrogen) containing 20% estradiol and 80% estriol, and Triest (triestrogen) containing 10% estradiol, 10% estrone and 80% estriol, expressed on a mg per mg basis, are prepared by compounding pharmacies for patients"

Biest is supposed to be the safest because it does not have estrone. It helps with hot flashes , dryness etc.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SusanH
Member # 40582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SusanH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite all my bioidentials for Maca. Have you tried Maca? I get great results from it, similar to when I was on Angelique even.
Posts: 83 | From Sarasota, Fla | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maca is totally different. It is mostly used to increase libido.

If you are deficient in hormones, all kinds of bodily functions are off. I felt much better with bio identicals but had blood work done first to see where my levels were.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement