LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » whos having luck wiht any type of ozone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whos having luck wiht any type of ozone?
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am just starting rectal insufflation with ozone, also thinking about doing ozonated water. has anyon ehad any luck with this type of treatment?
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using ozone rectal insufflation, ozone sauna, ear insufflation, oral gum treatment, and water.

Although there are a few testimonials on youtube that state the user is doing very well, I do not trust it for a full cure because it is very difficult to get the ozone where it needs to be. Some consider rectal insufflation as effective as ozone by IV.. but I am unsure. It has been helpful with strong herx.

What I will say about it is that it will help your body on many levels, including killing pathogens. It will boost the immune system which is quite helpful whether you use drugs or not. Drugs of course, many of them depress the immune system. Oxygen is essential to good health in more ways that I think we currently understand.

Many of us are not only fighting lyme but are fighting the ill effects of terrible health habbits, diet and other detox issues at the same time. The more toxic you are the more difficult curing lyme will be.

Although my ozonator broke and is requiring a trip to Canada to repair it I will continue with ozone when I can. Meanwhile I am doing quite well after 3 months of ozone already, along with other treatments.

I have done the rectal insufflation up to 3 times a day.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From experiences of people with Lyme using it i concluded the key for it to work is to do in regularly every day, layers of symptoms are then suppose to diminish like peeling an onion. It has to be done regularly so bacterial population would not rebuild itself.
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had ozone treatment twice a week by a reputable biological dentist for 6 weeks in the early winter. He came highly recommended by my LLND, who said Dr. K was sending his patients to this doctor.

I breathed ozone into my sinuses, had ear insufflation, and injections in my head, neck and jaw. I also had a few 'ozone vaccinations' where the dentist drew blood from me, added ozone to it to get my antibodies activated, and then injected the treated blood back into me.

I wish I could tell you that it helped me. The only think I could say it might have done was to perhaps modulate my immune system - as I came down with a stomach flu that I had not had in years.

I was praying that it would stop the infection that seems to have been stagnating from my neck up for years. Perhaps if I had stuck with it longer, I would have noticed some improvement. I don't know. It was not easy to go through (the injections).

I also recently had a major move and I am sure that took every bit of energy and endurance I had. Good luck to you. What works for some may not work for others, unfortunately.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an older thread but pertinent.

I am a month into weekly ozone injections in my neck and base of my skull.

They are painful during the time of injection and for about an hour afterwards.

Otherwise, as far as neck pain goes...they are working!

Looking for more input from others.

Greta

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You breathed ozone into sinuses without getting it into lungs?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think oxygen is added to the ozone when breathing in for safety. I would never recommend doing this without a professional either doing it for you or advising.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GretaM:

This is an older thread but pertinent.

I am a month into weekly ozone injections in my neck and base of my skull.

They are painful during the time of injection and for about an hour afterwards.

Otherwise, as far as neck pain goes...they are working!

Looking for more input from others.

Greta

-
Very different from what katrina is talking about. The ozone injections are similar to prolotherapy, right?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, exactly, lymetoo [Smile]

Ozonated saline/dextrose (not sure which-just lots of ozone), then injected into my muscles into scar tissue and the knots.

Seems to be working like a hot-damn. Way better than the lidocaine/ketamine combo.

My doc asked me if it flared anything. Which it didn't, so I am grateful for that.

Just being a pincushion was the worst of it. Haha.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I wanted to know about ozone shots for the body. My doc thinks the are good. Just wanted to hear more feedback. Thanks
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone having good luck with ozone for Lyme & co treatment?? That is, ozone insufflations, IV ozone, etc.? That's what I thought this was about.

Greta, it is good to know that it is helping you with your neck, though.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking of doing ozone prolotherapy for all the tendons and joints effected by Levaquin poisoning.

Is anyone else doing ozone for pain???

Is it helping long-term?

The doc also does IV ozone. My infection load is down and I want to keep it that way, so I'm weighing options.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for posting all of this. I'm actually thinking of doing prolotherapy with ozone for pain, but it hadn't even occurred to me to address the tendon issues caused by Cipro, so thank you for that. I have heard really great things about it, but can't speak to it personally yet. Still, thanks for putting this thread out there.
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been keeping up on my research and just saw this. It looks like maybe I should wait on prolo (I'm less than 2 months out from levaquin), it might work for others though:

http://drwik.com/tag/prp-prolotherapy/

"I have performed PRP Prolotherapy treatments since June of 2011, and I can say absolutely that PRP Prolotherapy will not work, when…

...Three: If you have taken an antibiotic known as a Fluoroquinolone in the year before your PRP Prolotherapy treatment. Research has shown that this antibiotic disrupts collagen synthesis and will sabotage joint healing treatments...."

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement