LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Fluid in Lungs? Candida?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fluid in Lungs? Candida?
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I recently treated for borderline bronchitis. Since, I feel like there is something (congestion? fluid?) in my chest/lungs that I cannot cough up no matter how I try.

I have a candida overgrowth that I am about to start treating. Can candida cause such a problem?

Mostly, I feel it when I get up in the morning. I feel shortness of breath, some dizziness and that feeling that I have to cough something up.

No wheezing, no rattling, yet something is there. I had been taking Mucinex for over a week to help cough up mucus, but it wasn't coming from my chest....just my head.

Getting chest x-ray today.

Hoping this isn't serious.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like babs. especially with shortness of breath (air hunger) and feeling that you have to cough something up (unproductive cough)

Have you treated for babs?

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes....I was diagnosed with it a few years ago and treated. Haven't had an issue since.

Because if the candida issue, the last thing I want is to have to be on antibiotics.

Just goes round and round.....

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it could be candida. I used to use a steroid inhaler. It made me worse after awhile and I finally figured out that I must have fungus in there.

So I stopped the inhaler and got really serious about my diet. It got better and soon was gone.

You may have inflamed airways and MIGHT need a brief round with a steroid inhaler. But .. you know .. it's all a guessing game!! (editing to say that I just re-read what you wrote.. you are ABOUT to begin candida treatment... so skip the inhaler idea and go straight to treatment!)

Be sure to avoid dairy and sugar at all cost right now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Hi Lymetoo,

I thought we were supposed to avoid any and all types of steroids....?

Wouldn't a steroid inhaler put a Lymie at risk?

I am nervous about starting the fluconazole, as I know the herxing will be right around the corner.

If this chest/lung thing is candida, can't that mean that herx might make my breathing even worse for a time?

Had chest x-ray today. Hope to hear from doc tomorrow or Monday at latest.

Just need a sanity break. Had 3 week virus, then nasty cold, then bronchitis and now candida and possible babs flare or lung issue.

Compared to what I initially went through with Lyme, I shouldn't complain. I just don't handle being sick long-term well anymore.

Now enjoying a massive power outage....LOL.

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginseng in the am helps a LOT along with zinc, Pycnogenol (only that one 2x/day) plus timed release vitamin C.

I get it...my husband...Mucinex (stongest doses- Guaifenesin) wasn't totally helping. He is prone to bronchitis.

At night...also use a warm, not cold, humidifier in your bedroom. Keep a door open OR turn on your ceiling fan (if you have one), otherwise your walls and windows will be dripping wet.

Google: elastase.
Google: elastin.

Bb has OspA (outer surface protein A)

Massive power outage..PA? My heart goes out to you...NOT fun...been there years ago in IL.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Hi Marnie,

Thank you for these suggestions! I can still feel something in my chest....but Mucinex did nothing for that....strange.

I might go out and buy a humidifier. I noticed I always feel it the most in the morning.

Power finally back on....yes!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jwick... Yes, we are to avoid steroids...but if you need to BREATHE, you do what you must.

So glad your power is back on!! BTW, the COLD will make breathing more difficult.

I have a humidifier in my bedroom because the dry air is so hard on me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you eat dairy? Need to stay off dairy as it creates more mucous.
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have severe asthma and have had a big infection. I just started Levaquin and feel much better. Nowadays, no one gets antibiotics. This has been going on since before MLK holiday. I am surprised I didn't end up in the hospital. I couldn't cough anything up for 2 weeks, now I can't stop bringing stuff up. It is clearing. If you think you have a yeast, you might try NOW's "Candida Clear", which I like. I couldn't have made it the last few weeks without steroid inhaler and steroids. My asthma is that bad. I am glad to be rid of this lung crap. Do what you need to do to feel better. Avoid sugar and flour at all cost. Just do clean protein and vegetable carbs. Good Luck.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

I really cut back on dairy. I avoid it whenever possible.

OtterJ: So glad to hear that you're doing better. I agree with Lymetoo that we sometimes have to do what we have to do in order to function.

Funny thing....this very afternoon I was able to barely cough up (forcefully) the tiniest bit of mucous from my chest/lungs.

Maybe I'll start being able to get rid of whatever is there...?

I am awaiting my chest x-ray results and am starting Fluconazole tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!!!

ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many chest and sinus infections are fungal .Things that have helped me a ton:
colloidal silver - kills yeast , fungus and lyme ( I like Sovereign brand )

The herb oregano - capsules - You can buy a $$ Oregamax brand or a Vitamin Shoppe brand much cheaper. I take 3 capsules 2 times daily . This is oregano powder in capsules ( read reviews at Iherb or amazon)

Oregano OIL - NOW brand is cheap and effective and one capsule is STRONG . It can cause a herx , so do not start higher than one capsule of this CONCENTRATED oil. This is much stronger than powdered oregano herb.

Also , many people have nebulized colloidal silver with good results after purchasing the nebulizer.

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good tips, Ms Dixie!

I use Sovereign Silver's nasal spray at the first sign of any sinus problems now.

I used to have a LOT of sinus issues. I had sinus surgery in 2008. I have not had a sinus infection since then. I've come close and twice I had to get some Flonase, but the silver will usually take care of it.

DIET is huge.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Thanks for the suggestions, ms dixie!

My LLMD had given me Oregacillin (and Phytogen) for when I was fighting a virus. I've read that the Oregacillin actually has respiratory benefits.

Now, this may be a total coincidence (probably is), but yesterday morning, I went back on the Oregacillin.

This morning was the first in at least a week that I wasn't totally lightheaded and experiencing breathing difficulty.

I'm going to continue taking it for now. Maybe that's helping.

I'll look into the colloidal silver...thank you! I've read a bit about it, but really don't know anything about it.

All I know is having a day of relief felt wonderful!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement