LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A-Bab, A-V...dosing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A-Bab, A-V...dosing?
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those that have had success with A-Bab and A-V can you share how you approached the dosing? i know to start slow(okay i learned the hard way)...

that said how often do you bump up the dosage? each week? every few days?

any help is apperciated.

thanks,
Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started at 1/3 of a drop for three days then increased to 2/3 of a drop for three days and then 1 drop once a day for 3 days.

I then increased to 1 drop twice a day and held for a week. Increased by one drop every 4-7 days thereafter.

I maxed out at 10 drops twice a day and was told to just hold there - which I have been doing for close to a year. Symptom free generally speaking.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
desert,

thank you....were you symptom free before you started ?

Dave

--------------------

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dave; I started a-babs while still on meds for babs/Lyme. Was about 75% symptom free on meds alone then started a-babs. Had a flare when starting a-babs and went slow.

Once up to MY full dose I tapered off of meds. If I feel a flare coming on i.e.; trauma/dental work I sometimes take malarone/biaxin for a week or so.

Also on other Lyme/babs herbs. Just go very very slow!

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

that kind of where im at as well...good to know it worked for you. i am still dealling witha lot of inflammation, brain fog, nervousness and tired legs.

Been sick for 7 years but didn't know i had babs until last year...hoping the herbs can kncok it out. made a lot of prgress on mepron and artmesinin.

that said my Dr really messed me up by starting me on too high a dosage....well at least i now know this stuff works!!!

Dave

--------------------

desertwind
Member # 25256

What dose did you start on? I was told you don't want to herx to hard on this stuff - not like abx.'s.

Slow road......Hopefully others will chime in as well but slow and steady is the general consensus.

I was sick for a long time too and my current llmd was the first one to treat me for bab.s. Best wishes!

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

5 drops 2 times day.....what a mistake...i am hurting real bad right now..

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there

A-V I had to go very slow-a half drop, twice a week.

It is very strong.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these herbs expensive? How expensive? Thanks
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

5 drops twice a day to start? NO!!!!!!! Let your reaction settle down and then back way down. Dr. H. said if you herx to hard it is not good for your body - a sort of auto immune reaction. This is suppose to work w/ your body. Be gentle and take it slow.

I THINK I pay in the $50-60 range for Byron whites but one bottle can last many months.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I paid about the same as desertwind.

[ 05-27-2014, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok thanks
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't sound like your doc has a clue about these herbs. Check out the Byron White website below (read doc H's review under Clinical Feedback, 2 surveys...).

http://byronwhiteformulas.com/

A slow and steady pace is the way to go (also rotating formulas). Patients are usually told to start BW drops at 1/3 of a drop (one drop in a glass of water, drink 1/3 and put the rest in the fridge).

I stay at low doses even though I can go up if I want to. The key is NOT to herx on these herbs (unlike abx). Herxing hard leads to treatment failure (then you may have to move onto something else).

Regarding A-bab, it is seriously strong stuff. I would start detoxing right away (lemon water, alka seltzer gold, etc). I worked my way up on this one and herxed, but went back down and feel better just hanging out at a lower dose.

Also with babs, at least with me, it is less about hitting it hard, and more about rotating herbs so it doesn't adapt.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

I agree with catgirl. I have done a lot of rotation of different meds and herbs for babs. So it is hard to say exactly what worked as I think it is a combo of using and rotating various meds and herbs.

Slow and steady with bab.'s, Hope you are recovering.

ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has this A Babs product worked for many people ? I do not have insurance or an LLMD and feel sure my problem is babesia.
Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has this A Babs product worked for many people ? I do not have insurance or an LLMD and feel sure my problem is babesia.
Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It works for me (it helps knock it back).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Believe me my doctor took a major hit with credibilty on this one...thankfully it has passed ..took almost 5 days.

starting back up today..REALLLLL..slow.

Dave

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Sorry to hear you went through that Dave. Practitioners who carry Byron's products have to listen to a 45 minute audio on the herbs before BW sells each herbal product to them. I don't know how your doc got around this, unless she ordered from somewhere else.

That is why BW sells to docs, not patients, because the patients need instructions since the herbs are so strong. Some people don't know this though and jump in at high doses, which can be dangerous (cytokine storm). For some people, 1 drop is too high (so they have to do 1/3 of a drop).

These herbs are totally unlike abx. Even though some people can handle massive amounts of abx, just one drop of one of these herbs can make some people herx (everyone is different).

IMO, both Byron White and Cowden herbs are great for managing lyme and company. I'm not sure they are a cure all, but they are one more tool to add to your arsenal, especially since the bugs can adapt to drugs/meds.

Also, I remember Buhner saying at a seminar that the bugs have a more difficult time adapting to herbs.

Hang in there! :)

--------------------

desertwind
Member # 25256

When I first started A-L I did not listen to my llmd's instructions even though I knew better, I was feeling so good I figured I could jump right to 5 drops twice a day. I was sick for close to a week. Llmd not very happy w/ my flight to health and explained why we do not want a major herx on byrons.

It will create a sort of auto immune reaction. What was your doctor thinking????? Glad you are feeling better. DW

OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told to do one drop on day one, two drops on day two and three drops on day three all the way up to 12 drops once a day. As soon as I hit the majic 12 drop mark, I was to stop the herbs. I would ask if you are to stop drops or continue. I was told that it was hard on the body and the babs might get conditioned to it--which is why you pulse treatment. I initially couldn't do A-Bab but am over that now.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement