LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cognitve issues again from lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cognitve issues again from lyme
TTLav
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TTLav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been off antibiotics for 4 months - but have to go back on because cognitive status is declining quickly. My llmd is putting
me bactrim and erythromycin. Anyone else that has had cognitive problems from lyme have suggestions or thoughts ???

Posts: 109 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baldone
Member # 43172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baldone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be really suspicious of a CO.

Babesia in particular really raised hell with my vision and made me dizzy(feel like I am falling down to one side).

That on top of the brain fog made life really miserable.

For me the turning point has been Artemisinin.

I was positive for lymes 2 years ago and never tested positive for Babesia even though I had most of the classic symptoms.

Long term Doxy kept me functional but never cleared the cognitive/neuro.

On my own I decided to give Art a go as the ID doc I was referred to is a non believer of Babs without a positive test.

I did a 4 day on 3 day off taking 200mg 3x a day. The first cycle after day two was complete misery but after the 4th cycle things were improving quickly.

After I ran out of Art I decided to try Crypto and Sida Acuta but did not see much change after three weeks on it so I went back to Art and now after three more cycles the Neuro symptoms are gone(knock on wood).

I will probably keep cycling on Art for a few months and see what happens but right now for the first time in almost 3 years I feel normal.

Posts: 37 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been treated for coinfections .. especially babesia? Being in MA, you are almost sure to have it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baldone,

Is the brain fog gone?

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baldone
Member # 43172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baldone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much.....I am actually suprised.

After battling it for 2+ years I was beginning to think it was something I would just have to live with.

I was pretty sure it was Babs due to air hunger and all the neuro issues but all the tests were negative(could not get a doc to sign off for a FISH).
Started the Art 4-on 3-off cycle and felt like I was hit by a truck about day 3. Slow improvement with each cycle and now after 2 months feel pretty decent.

Do you have any other classic CO symptoms?

Posts: 37 | From Midwest | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
baldone, did you have any peripheral neuropathy? Like fingers/hand numbness/tingling/loss of sensation?

I am taking ART for Bb now (not babesia), and amygdalin foods like apple seeds for brain fog.

The seeds helped the brain fog before I started ART. But I think my eye symptoms are a bit better since ART, and my balance/weaving is a bit better.

My left hand neuropathy may be a tad better, but not much.

When I started the ART a new symptom started. Along my upper spine, a small spot would ache, and it would move up or down about 8-10 inches, depending on when I took ART. Now it comes and goes, with some hours not there.

I think I am killing spinal column area Bb. I understand that medicines move more slowly through the CNS system.

Have been on ART maybe 10 days. Think it is working.

My understanding is that you should skip a week after 3 weeks. How did you hit on the 4on3off cycle?

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on bactrim and erythromycin for a few months, and no other abx. I still had much "fog".

I am off all abx now and have been treated (and supposedly cured) for babs.

while I stil get brain symptoms, I have greatly improved and got some IQ points back. I still have lyme and RMSF and Bart, so the jury is still out.

I must say that I have days here and there with neuro and brain issues, but they all(diseases) seem to contribute to this from what I read anyway.

what I am trying to say from experience to you is that I don't personally think from my experience that the combination of bactrim and erythromycin are going to help much with your brain issues.

this is only my opinion and I am not in medical field. just a lyme and co sufferer of 16+ years

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement