LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is this Lyme or something else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this Lyme or something else?
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am always questioning my DX of Lyme disease because I never tested positive through WB - even Igenex. But I probably have it.

I am just so tired of all the noise and sensations going on in my head. Scared that it could be serious stuff like fungal infection that has gone to the brain, superior canal dehiscence, cranial leak, or an undetected vascular problem.

It is so difficult when I describe to (non-Lyme doctors.) They look at me like I am nuts - and I can tell, they are not excited about helping me figure out what I have if it is not Lyme.

Symptoms:

Tinnitus and buzzing sensations that make my head feel like a short wave radio being tuned. Sometimes so bad, it brings me to tears.

Severe hearing loss in left ear

Ear pressure changes in both ears that come and go. It feels like fluid or something blocks my ears - but then goes away.

With postural changes (especially yoga), I sometimes get really dizzy/light headed and my heart races and all the noise in my head stops momentarily. I think this is presyncope. I stabilize and the head noise returns quickly.

A few times per day, I get a pleurisy feeling in my chest sometimes that makes me think my lungs are not working properly.

I feel like the tissue in my skull is being squeezed and it makes a whooshing noise that changes sometimes when I move my head a certain way or even with swallowing. I feel this from my dental implant all the way to the bones beside my ears and to mastoid bones behind my ears.

Burning and tingling feeling in area above my dental implant that travels to my face and jaw.

Even though my implant looks great to oral surgeons, I feel like an undetected fluid is sometimes dripping into my mouth from it - as though there is an infection deep inside that is trying to come out. I have had a cyst above this implant for over a year that 2 ENT's and 2 oral surgeons think is benign.

I am getting a cat scan today ordered by a sympathetic oral surgeon who at least wants to investigate this with me further. He almost fell over when I asked him if this could be a fungal ball.

He said most people and even doctors don't know about this and that he was impressed with my research. I told him that when you have Lyme, you have to do so much of your own research because the doctors don't understand this complex illness.

I also just sent my blood to a lab to detect whether I might have developed sensitivity to the metals in my implant. (MELISA testing)

I get mild joint and bone pain, mild fatigue and cry easily lately. I have more symptoms than what I have posted, but want you to be able to read this. I will look forward to your input. Thanks so much.

PS - I have an LLMD, but am switching to a new one soon. Just waiting for my next appointment.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei:

My daughter never tested positive via IGeneX either. It wasn't until the culture test came out that we had "proof positive".

She has had positive bands with IgeneX and it took 4 years to test positive for Bart.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are smart to pursue whether you are reacting to the dental implant. If you are, and it is cleared you may feel better. Then you may be able tease out what is Lyme.

Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google parasite symptoms. Even with a Lyme dx, the MAJOR culprit can be parasites. It was for me and caused all of the symptoms you are mentioning incl severe asthma which I got rid of using antiparasitic herbs and salt/c.

This was after 4yrs of abx didn't knock these infections out. Many here are finding a hyperinfection of parasites can be the missing link. Check out the PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, thanks for that info. It would be so good if I knew for sure what I was fighting. I hope your daughter is in a good place right now in her recovery.

kgg, thanks for the encouragement. I need it right about now! With these tests, I hopefully can rule out some of my fears - or get closer to being on the right track.

Gael, I am going to ask my new LLMD about parasite treatment. There are times when it literally feels and sounds like parasites could be moving around in my head, sinuses and ears. Very scary, indeed. I also have bug crawling sensations in my wrists and ankles/shins. So strange.

I have the salt c e-book and tried that protocol for several months but only got up to 5 grams per day before I decided it wasn't for me. But things change and perhaps I could give it another shot. [Wink]

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto what Gael said. I had some of your symptoms. I also remember the pressure and fluid feeling in my ears. Parasite treatment got rid of it. It sounds like you have lyme, heavy metals and for sure parasites.

I also think you are smart to pursue your implant.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement