LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » best treatment for lyme excluding abx

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best treatment for lyme excluding abx
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive decided im done with abx. i have to be on diflucan 4 days out of the week just so i dont get a yeast infection and after 4 years on them i am not much better. i have a ozone generator right now so i can do ozone therapy and i am still taking cryptolepsis for babesia.

what do you think would give me the best chance of getting better? i need a new treatment to try, i am going to treat for parasites and heavy metals soon, but i need a treatment that can hit the lyme too. abx have just wiped me out, though i have not made many strides with them. tried rife, have the doug coil and it doesnt do much for me and have used around 20 frequencies

[ 04-17-2014, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like buhner and liked salt c when i did it

You can control how strong you make it

I never got cured but felt i kept load down

You probably need to detox and buuld up immune sys too

Good luck

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you do, do the Burrascano exercise program (1 continous hour of weightlifting every other day) to boost your immune system.

Work up to the 1 hour if you can't do it from the start.

This is essential if you are ever to clear these diseases and not relapse. Read it in Burrascano.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF, does it have to be one continuous one hr session, or can you break it up over the day?

Are we talking like lifting dumbbells?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy crap, I just re read your post. One continuous hr of weightlifting seems like A LOT!!

I think it will be a while before i work up to a hour straight.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to do it for a continuous hour. So, you do your arms for a few minutes, then chest (bench presses), then abs (crunches), then back and legs (various leg weight machines and back exercises).

Then, do the entire routine over again as many times as you can.

You do light weights and many repetitions. Work up to the full hour.

I could only do abouat 10 minutes when I started because my main symptom for the last 12 years was extreme muscle weakness. (I could only hold a phone to my head for 30 seconds--I timed it; and I could barely walk down the stairs to get to my baement weight machines).

But, by persevering, I eventually got up to 1/2 hour and finally an hour.

This is how I got rid of my lyme and coinfections and they have never come back. 9 years now.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Thanks TF!
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there perhaps something like that (the exercises) on youtube?
Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

I doubt it. This is a rehab program for those totally deconditioned due to lyme disease.

But, you could look under "stretch and tone" or "body sculpture."

See the following exerpts from Burrascano for a summary of the exercise requirements:

LYME DISEASE REHABILITATION

Despite antibiotic treatments, patients will NOT return to normal unless they exercise, so therefore an aggressive rehab program is absolutely necessary. It is a fact that a properly executed exercise program can actually go beyond the antibiotics in helping to clear the symptoms and to maintain a remission.

The program must evolve into a graded, ultimately strenuous exercise program that consists of a specific regimen of non-aerobic conditioning- see below. Have the patient complete a gentle hour of prescribed exercise, then go home, have a hot bath or shower, than try to take a nap. Initially, patients will need this sleep, but as they recover, the exercise will energize them and then a nap will no longer be needed.

NOTE: a cardiac stress test may be necessary prior to exercising to ensure safety.

Use minimal resistance but a lot of repetitions in any exercises prescribed. At the start of the exercise program, especially if the patient is weak, avoid free weights, bands and large exercise balls, and favor machines (especially hydraulics) that can guide limbs through a prescribed arc; free weights, etc. can risk hyperextension and uncontrolled movements that may cause or add to injuries. Transition the patient slowly to the gym-based program outlined below. Note: aerobics are not permitted.

Please work one muscle group at a time and perform extensive and extended stretching to each muscle group immediately after each one is exercised, before moving on to the next muscle group.

Aerobic exercises are NOT allowed, not even low impact variety, until the patient has recovered.

2. Conditioning: work to improve strength and reverse the poor conditioning that results from Lyme, through a whole-body exercise program, consisting of light calisthenics and/or resistance training, using light resistance and many repetitions. This can be accomplished in exercise classes called "stretch and tone", or "body sculpture", or can be achieved in the gym with exercise machines or carefully with free weights (see cautions above).

3. Each session should last one hour. A gentle hour is preferable to a strenuous half-hour. If the patient is unable to continue for the whole hour, then decrease the intensity to allow him/her to do so.

4. Exercise no more often than every other day. The patient may need to start by exercising every 4th or 5th day initially, and as abilities improve, work out more often, but NEVER two days in a row. The nonexercise days should be spent resting.

5. This whole-body conditioning program is what is required to achieve wellness. A simple walking program will not work, and simply placing the patient on a treadmill or an exercise bike is not acceptable (except very briefly, as part of a warm-up), as aerobics can be damaging and must be avoided.

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Pages 31-32

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina,

The protocol that kept me from most symptoms is serrapeptase Dr.Best, GSE (nutramedix), turmeric (source naturals), Kyolic garlic (just garlic,formula 100), resveratrol NOW brand from knotweed (polygonum cuspidatum), chlorella Source Naturals (my main detox), flaxseed oil, fish oil, multivitamin with some extras for neuro-lyme, good probiotic.

The additional natural lyme killers I took were samento from Nutramedix(a natural quinolone antibiotic), and Tribiotics from Nutricology containing parasitic walnut hulls, GSE, berberine, and artemisinin (kills Bb and also used against babesia).

These 2, samento & Tribiotics I did not take at the same time.

This is a low-dosage artemisinin product, but still if you take it you need to take 1 week off out of 4, or pulse even in the 3 weeks on, as taking it straight long-term can tax your liver from the artemisinin.

During a pulse, I took the other one, samento.

Artemisinin is supposed to help CNS symptoms. It seems to do something CNS-wise for me.

Apple seeds, chewed and swallowed with a bit of water, helped the best to clear my brain fog.

This protocol worked for me to keep my symptoms and Bb load down. I am now starting prescription medication: minocycline and tinidazole, but am still eating apple seeds, and pulsing somewhat. During pulses taking the apple seeds and Tribiotics.

I still take the basic daily protocol of serrapeptase, turmeric etc.

Best of luck!

Nancy

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with exerciserecomendayions smd need to rerngage the muscles and regain strength and also the disease clearing and chemicals reactions and muscles do so many things besides strengthen.

The guidelines are exactly perfect as aerobic and walking etc won't do it.

Luckily through this inless I have kept bands at my bedside and while watching tv and laying in bed I would do band work during that time. I used to think there should be a Lyme disease bed exercise video. !

Don't wait to feel well enough as it will be harder when you do.
I took breaks and felt the decrease rapidly.

I am able to do it out of bed and even some Gym time.
Amazing. Sadly I had low back surgery and if anything that weakness is holding me back a little but it's still tehabing.

The movement and muscle work helps immune system and body do all its functions. Otherwise it gets used up stagnation. And that translates to more fatigue and low energy and pain and illness.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement