LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please Read: Dental Problems and Parasites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Read: Dental Problems and Parasites
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks:
I haven't been on much as of late. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good and have been off abx for more than a year. I am still on herbs, but I am maintaining my current 95% most days with only minor symptoms that come from time to time.

I wanted to share with you a story from a friend of mine who has been an occasional poster on Lymenet.

She has been having issues for years and was diagnosed with Lyme and co-infections in 2010 (like me.) She worked with a local LLMD for a few months, then went to see Dr. H in NY and did agressive treatment including IV. She got a bit better, but then hit a plateau.

She switched to Dr. K's clinic in WA(working with his practitioners) in 2013. If you've ever read any of Dr K's materials, you will see that he often sees patients are being held back by a few signifiant, unresolved medical issues. Examples are: Dental problems gone bad, parasites, heavy metals, etc.

Late in 2013, Dr. K's clinic found massive inflammation in my friend's jaw. Apparently she had her wisdom teeth removed 20 years go and they felt these did not heal properly and that they were harboring a steath infection, preventing her from getting well. Getting rid of this was going to take time and money. I should mention I'm not exactly sure how they found this. I believe it was through ART or Thermography.

My friend flew out to Seattle to a specialty oral surgeon recommended by Dr. K to get the problems corrected. The did the surgery in 4 stages (one for each wisdom tooth) with a week or so in between.

The first surgery went well. They definintely found massive infections in the cavitations in her jaw where her wisdom teeth were. The doctor took tissue sames and sent them to biopsy.

The second surgery was downright scary. In addition to massive infection, the surgeons also found parasite eggs, and pulled out physical, squirming parasites from the cavitation in her jaw. My friend said she saw the parasite in the biopsy dish and it was actually trying to squirm out of the dish and get away. Mind you, she has already been on agressive anti-parasite meds and yet these things were still there.

After the second surgery, she got the biopsy results from the first. They found that there was actually GANGRENE in the tissue in her jaw that they removed. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?

The third surgery was the worst as there was both parasites, eggs, and gangrene.

Needless to say my friend is pretty freaked out, yet also is extremely glad Dr K's team found this and she was able to get it resolved. She believes this could be the "smoking gun" that had been keeping her back.

What's important to mention is after Dr. K's team found the issue in her jaw, she tried to get them resolved with 2 well known, holistic oral surgeons on the east coast and both missed the issues above. Only this dentist/oral surgeon in WA associated with Dr. K found it.

Anyway, sorry for the length of this. I felt it was important to inform the group as I know many LLMD's and people here say you have to keep looking and find the "smoking gun" if you aren't getting well.

My takaways are the following:
- Dental issues are real and absolutely need to be addressed. They can (and likely are) the big problem for many people. Typically the issues are wisdom teeth extractions or root canals gone bad. For my friend above, she had her wisdom teeth out 20 years prior and things had been festering ever since.

- Parasites are real. Thanks to Gael and Gigi for their continuing to push this. Even if you treat you still may have them. My friend, again, already did agressive anti-parisitic therapy with Dr. H and Dr. K, yet they were still in her jaw / wisdom teeth cavitations.

Please don't give up. Keep searching for the smoking gun.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this! I also recently received the same news from this person and have been quite alarmed, having seen the same biological dentists on the east coast and having undergone painful and expensive ozone treatments like this person did.

I believe that this could be a real issue for me. How do we investigate this when we are seeing reputable dentists and doctors who miss it?

It is very disheartening to know that something as big as this cannot be seen on a 3-D cavitation x-ray, cat scan, MRI or panoramic x-ray. I also wonder how you can have gangrene and there is no blood work that would pick this up somehow!

Do you think that all of Dr. K's practitioners would be able to pick this up through ART testing? I have recently started herbal parasite treatment as well as ramping up slowly on Salt C after learning about this.

There is definitely an increase in 'activity' in my jaw and ears. I am so scared it is not funny.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Incredible info and thanks for all the details. I KNOW the dental/gum/parasite issues are true.

After aggressive antiparasitic herbs and high dose salt/c, I was spitting out the egg shell blue ones (pictured on www.lymephotos.com)out of my mouth. Truly a real issue that needs to be addressed.

I feel that it was the salt/c that made them run for the hills because they can't stand the salt. Thanks for posting. Hope your friend is doing better.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GAACCKK!! I had my wisdom teeth removed (all 4 at once) about 45 years ago. Pretty scary stuff!

Thanks for posting this!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did the biopsy show?
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same goes true for sinus infection or an infection ANYWHERE in the body. Once infected it becomes a power house for further infections.

Most times the only solution is to remove the area, but the infection location can remain undetectable, elusive, and not show up in any scans.

I have seen this in sick patients with infected areas that remain sick until that area has been removed & they never had Lyme. This is a BIG lesson in Lyme & can lead to spiraling infection points that can harbor new organisms as ones weakened immune system continues to come into contact with NEW organisms.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bcb, maybe you could have your friend post about the experience. I am interested in knowing how the other dentists missed it and how a person can have gangrene.

It is my understanding that gangrene is life threatening. Certainly is gross nonetheless.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010, could you elaborate more on what you mean? I just find it so hard to understand how these infections can be so elusive with all the medical testing available to us today!

Also, I would think it is highly possible that Lyme caused some of these infections to occur by messing with the immune system. The spirochetes may be down in number, but the damage is done. [Frown]

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be great if the person that had this experience could share more with us. It surprises me that scans could not pick up evidence of dead tissue. As far as the parasites squirming in the dish, I would love to know what the biopsy showed.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over 40% of ticks are said to be infected with Filarial Worms according to Dr. Eva Sapi's research. It's also possible that they could be carrying other worms and parasites if they are biting and feeding off of infected animals carrying roundworms, threadworms and hookworms to name a few.

True that Lyme compromises the immune system and leaves us more susceptible to becoming infected from other sources such as our own pets and even green leafy vegetables.

Parasites love the head area and will disseminate there as well all other organs, such as the brain, lungs, kidneys etc and tissues including the hands and feet.

I wish I had this information much sooner and was treated with antiparasitics. It's a battle for sure.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read the whole thread but an important connection is molybdenum. A deficiency causes tooth decay and lowers the PH of the body making it more susceptible to parasites.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story! This doesn't surprise me though. I know parasites are a huge issue for me.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hum.... My on-going dental/jaw issues. Something to really think about.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eek!

So far all the parasites leaving me have been dead. If I saw something squirming, I would literally need a sedative.

I am so glad your friend got those out.
Anyone who thinks parasites aren't an issue needs to read this story and the parasite warriors thread.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Putting this here in case it helps someone with jaw issues.

http://www.honeycolony.com/article/fosamax-destroyed-bones-life/?utm_source=HoneyColony+Contacts&utm_campaign=05285054bc-November_4_AB11_5_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d9922aaf f1-05285054bc-40422745#44b4bb65eb9c0aafec897da6bd6e8e5b

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement