LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » facial twitching and jerking...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: facial twitching and jerking...
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my face twitches and jerks at night till I can't sleep. my teeth and jaws actually hurt.

what did you take that helped with this?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikkabelle
Member # 43604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkabelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious about this too, though I have muscle twitching all throughout my entire body.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to join you in the frustration!

Why does the twitching have to happen anyways?!?!

--------------------
[Smile]

Posts: 81 | From Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kbone
Member # 43682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to think of the twitching as my body "shaking" the disease out of it. I get twitches all over even in my eyes.

For the face pain what about trying a neti pot? I know it's for sinuses but I really feel all cleared out after helps me alot

--------------------
Diagnosed with Lyme 4/7/14

KB

Posts: 87 | From Townsend, MA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kbone
Member # 43682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, my llmd recommended an allergy pill I find when my sinuses are clear I have less pain in my teeth and face

--------------------
Diagnosed with Lyme 4/7/14

KB

Posts: 87 | From Townsend, MA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randi, are you taking enough magnesium in a form that you absorb well? That can help a lot.

If it isn't that---or even a calcium deficiency for some---then, I would worry that your Lyme might be getting worse, and it may be time to see an LLMD again. I know that is an issue for you guys in Texas, but I hope that you have some option available.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep taking calcium with d and mag.

sure is annoying. drs say allergies but it ain't. cause I run purifiers all the time and my house is very clean. im allergic to grass, cottonwood, cedar, elm etc, and mold.

benadryl might help but I hate to take it.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add my 2 cents worth, randi are you taking at least 1000mgs of fish oil? To repair the brain you need maximal Omega 3's. If this isn't part of your pill regimen, add it in. I know, I know, more pills! If it helps do it.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

yep that too plus ubiguinol, c, multi, milk thistle, and others.

--------------------

mamalicious
Member # 43611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mamalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have very bad twitching and jerking. So far I have not found a supplement that makes it go away. I have to take Intermezzo 3.5 at night and usually take 2. Its a low dose Ambien. It's the only way I can sleep! Hopefully my abx will eventually work!!!
Posts: 97 | From Rockwall,TX | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which kind of mag??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Randi,

I had this too before.

if I go below 1000 mg of magnesium per day, it starts up again.

Lymetoo is right-if your magnesium is magnesium oxide...run run run. It is just easily eliminated via the intestinal tract-most gets pooped out.

Better absorbed forms are bisglycinate and malate.

Also maybe a liquid form will help better, like Remag.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

its the malate. it came in the cowden protocol I ordered online. also had something called serrapeptase and something else. can't rember what the other bottle was tho. how bout mag citrate?

--------------------

TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some medications can cause it. Have you examined your pharmaceuticals to see if it might be a side effect?

Hope you get some answers.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take malate but I also take citrate and ReMag .. so I can't say for sure that malate works.

Citrate is pretty good. Take a lot of it, randi. Take it until your body says no more.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement