LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » More Irritable on ABX?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Irritable on ABX?
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 8 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!

I was wondering if anyone gets more irritable while on ABX? Obviously not feeling well will make you feel irritable, but this is different.

I think my Bart plays a major role with it, but when I am on ABX I really cannot tolerate much at all. The slightest thing sets me off.

It really upsets me because that is not really who I am.

When off ABX I am irritable as well, but not NEARLY as bad....

Curious.....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What antibiotics are you currently on?

Are you detoxing? Might you have yeast? Diet good/ no sugar/ probiotics high?

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would say it's pretty common. Which abx are you on?

Some specifically cause depression. Then there are the herxes.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo & surprise,

I am currently on oral Suprax,Zithromax, and Tindimax.

I started roughly 1 week ago.

I already suffer from SEVERE anxiety, can't even get in a car and go out without panicking...(Agorophobia)

It seems like when my Lyme and Co's flare up and I go on ABX for them I get EXTREMELY irritable and short tempered.

Like a short fuse. As far as the detoxing, no I am not and the yeast I am unsure.

Like I said, I have been off ABX for a while after 3 PICC's and a Port I wanted to take a break.

I was doing " so so" until mid winter when all hell broke loose.

I just feel extremely bad for my family who has to deal with this.

I posted about 3 days ago stating that I had never taken Suprax before and I am quite familiar with pretty much all the ABX out there.

I think it is the Zithro that causes the most irritability... not sure though.

Thank you both for your responses.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also I noticed that when my Bartonella starts up again, it gets REAL ugly.

I am very nasty when the Bart flares up and then maybe the Herxing from the ABX?

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be the zithromax... yes.

But since tindimax is a cousin to flagyl, I would say that may be the culprit. Flagyl causes horrible depression and irritability is just one aspect of that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say zithro because it kills bart.

When I first started zithro and rifampin...whew! Major irritability.

Is your doc planning to add in rifampin at any time? If so, go slow. like snail slow.

The herx is something else...

Can you increase your detox methods to help with the irritability?

Hopefully it will get better, as the abx keeps killing more bart.

Good luck.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Lymetoo & GretaM,

I try to take the Tindamax before bed because I get terrible headaches from it.

As far as the rifampin, I had taken that a while ago and it was to hard to take. Maybe the dose was really high.

Can you suggest some good detox methods?

I can't really afford much, but I am sure something is better than nothing.

Also do you both happen to get really unsteady on your feet?

I feel very dizzy and light headed as well as clogged ears.

It's as if my equilibrium is not functioning.

Thank you both for the helpful insight!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement