LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bio-mat...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bio-mat...
beaches
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here have experience with bio-mat? Has it helped in any way? How is it supposed to help? Thanks!
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to follow this thread. I have wondered whether it would be worth the cost...
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Bio-mat. I LOVE it. It is a great way to heat up and detox without getting as sweaty as a sauna. It is also very relaxing and helps with my sleep, if I lay on it before bed.

It can raise your temperature which has been great for me since I usually run low.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hope4best2012
Member # 38473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hope4best2012   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used a biomat almost daily for a year. It was the full size biomat that I was able to borrow from a friend who was willing to let me borrow it for a long time.

(My friend had used it for several months before deciding it wasn't really helping her TBDs, so she let me borrow it from her.)

I think it's useful for temporary relief of some symptoms and relaxation, but at least for me it definitely was not a "cure" of any of my TBDs.

If you hear people telling you that it "cured" them of their TBD, I'd be wary or at least know that that may not be the result for you.

I read/heard stuff like that about how it "cured" people of their TBD, and that was why I decided to give the biomat a try, but based on my own personal experience, it definitely didn't "cure" any of my TBDs.

My experience is that it's like any other heat-based therapy in that it provides only temporary relief of some of my symptoms.

Breaking up your text for easier reading for many here -

[ 05-18-2014, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: hope4best2012 ]

Posts: 19 | From VA now, used to live in NY (USA). Unable to work due to symptoms. | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used one and loved it. It helps detox and it's convenient because you can do it while you are resting. It's also great for achy muscles and body pains. Think of it as a super sized heating pad that emits infrared rays.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used one for about 6 months. I do believe it helped me a bit through some of my worst treatment. It was relaxing. And it gave me the feeling of taking control, as well as being a nice ritual.

I believe it detoxes some as I had roving bullseye rashes while using it. But each only lasted days as opposed to my usual month long rashes.

At one point though it actually mad my joint pain in my feet much worse. (Heat is not always good for joints) So I stopped using it as much.

The professional size is not very portable. And could not use it on the couch, so it went unused. So I sold it back to the dealer. It was just too expensive to keep it.

Since then, I have gotten a therasage infrared pad. It is not nearly as elegant. The control gets stuck and you have to niggle with it. But I do feel it heats deeply. And it is much less expensive. Comes in many sizes, in fact I keep a small one at work.

I believe the biomat was a more powerful tool. But the therasage is easier to use more frequently or just when you have a painful muscle spasm. If I got a biomat again I would get the mini.

Breaking up the text for easier reading for many here -

[ 05-15-2014, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used a biomat for 6 months, laying on it in a sleeping bag to sweat inside the bag. Took an hour for me to sweat and I listened to some music during the session.

I did it once a week. My doctor told me just to keep going and so I did, and suddenly after 6 months, I could handle being around bleach, perfume, smoke, etc - I'm chemical sensitive and couldn't handle any of that.

My doctor explained that the body is sweating out toxins through the skin and if we do it long enough, we go below a toxin threshold and then can handle them again. It was a very dramatic change for me.

The person took back the loaned biomat, and now I have the tent version that you sit up in. I sweat in half an hour since there's more heat around me.

So both are fine, it's just that I find the tent to go twice as fast for breaking out into a sweat.

One more thing about the biomat though - it has amethyst crystals in it and many people like to sleep on it.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the input! Wow Robin, your response to the bio mat was pretty intense! And in a good way [Smile] I had NO idea amethyst crystals were in it.

I sweat a lot to begin with ( [Frown] ) so I am not really looking forward to anything that makes me sweat even more. But I guess sweat is good because it helps get rid of toxins. I'd have to lay on a bio mat when I don't have anything else going on that day lol.

The expense of it is mind-blowing, but what else is new? I wish I could just rent one for a few weeks/months to see if it made any difference for me or my kids. I'd gladly buy one if I knew for sure it could make a difference.

Hope, no, no one told me it would cure anything. The saleslady told me it would help detox. Detoxing is something I am looking to do.

Kudzu, interesting that you were able to sell it back to the dealer. I will look into the therasage infrared pad.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beaches . Many biomat dealers have a 60 day trial. You just pay shipping back. For sweating and detoxing I would definitely get the professional size. For comfort and the infrared heat, I would get the mini, cause you will use it more.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Just wanted to post the therasage --- shop around though, much better prices.

http://therasage.com/shop-therasage-store/infrared-heating-pads.html/

And this place has a 60 day trial on the biomat.

https://www.crystalbiomat.com/shop/

I have no affiliation or interest in either company... Just sharing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement