LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Redness in fingers, toes, and Bartonella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Redness in fingers, toes, and Bartonella
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a fairly rapid onset of redness around most of my fingernail areas, with the initial finger that was involved having had a cyst type thing which was suspected as an RA node by a dermatologist. I had the RA blood work a few days ago and will here the result in a few days. But I do not really have swollen joints,though there is redness around the distal joints, and i do not have fatigue or morning stiffness. I feel a slight numbness in the fingertips, and the pain tends to be sharp, short and intermittent. I have had some short onset of fairly severe itchiness in fairly specific area of the forearms and kind of near the wrist for short periods of time. Also when I wrapped one of the fingertips it became extremely itchy. The redness does not appear to be scaly as in psoriasis. A couple of weeks ago the added symptoms of itchy and numb feet with some pain coming from the big toe and little toe. I have symptoms like this in the feet in the past and my LLMD suspected Bartonella. I also due tend to get numbness in the fingers at night and occasionally with odd arm placement. Also I had ringworm at the same time these symptoms started Any guesses?

[ 05-27-2014, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: mattnapa ]

Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had similar issues, would be interested in others' input on this.

I will say that Lyme rashes are frequently misdiagnosed as ringworm. Happens all the time, happened to me and others I know with Lyme. These are really the secondary rashes of chronic lyme. There is not a ringworm epidemic. It's a Lyme epidemic.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paulieinct- thanks for your response and the information that others have similar things going on. I got my test back today and i am seronegative for RA. A freakin relief of course. My naturopath thinks my symptoms can be related to leaky gut, though Lyme and Bart remain outliers. I just hope my story might serve to warn others here who have a dematologist tell them they have Rheumatoid cyst to not consider it the final word. Nor do I see much information on line that allows for other possibilities of red fingers, especially near the nails, and some red distal joints to be anything other than RA or one its cousins. Best luck to you all, and I may be back someday if some of the simpler solutions do not work
Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement