LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » herxing from herbs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: herxing from herbs?
campermom
Member # 39856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for campermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there. I am off doxy for the summer...so I thought that maybe a round of herbs would help. I ordered from Buhrner's recommendation and started taking today.

I seem to have gone into a herx about an hour after taking. Kind of an anxiety herb and just not feeling good. Does this happen from herbs? It is hard to tell from Buhrner's website what to expect.

What else to I need to know about the herb protocol and what should I expect? Thank you.

Posts: 53 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Can herx from herbs, for sure.

Go very slowly, and still need to do all the detox stuff.

Buhner's books 'Healing Lyme' and his co- infection book
'Mycoplasma and Bartonella'

are excellent and very helpful.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Best to begin one at a time, very, very low dose, just once a day (usually with lunch) to see how that works for you -- then move ahead.

Drink some water, eat some good food, get good rest and if you are up to it tomorrow, restart with just one, tiny dose. Or wait until you're ready to start again.

In the meantime, do you have something that is liver support?

Magnesium is often a wonderful help for a herx. It is the best to calm any kind of anxiety. Stinging Nettles also is a wonderful herx support. Magnesium and Nettle detail in the Liver support links.

Adrenal support, too, might be of help to settle adrenal anxiety that is so common with lyme.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
COCONUT OIL, one tablespoon every 8 hours, can help calm that over-stimulated brain action that happens with lyme. Dr. B, mentioned in a video interview at 2012 ILADS conference.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT

With anxiety, for any reason, it's all the more important to be sure to avoid "excitotoxins"

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we'll win     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Androgaphis is from Buhner's original protocol. It is excellent for the brain. But I did get a bad rash on the head for a few months, then it went away when I was still on Androgaphis.

Present Problem: For about a year it has been difficult to get supplements of just Androgaphis from good suppliers, such as Himmilayan (sp?). Reminds me of present problem with getting ketek. I think big brother identifies good lyme fighting substances and then interferes. Big Brother caused modern spread of Lyme Disease-see book or chapter of book by attorney called "lab 51". Attorney author makes compelling argument that our government, in developing biological weapons to comport with the Geneva Convention, caused the spread of Lyme laden ticks from Plum Island when a hurricane knocked down the walls. My theory: Big brother wants to limit their liability and has taken many steps to discredit the Lyme community and interfere with our treatment.

Conclusion: If you can get a good supply of Androgaphis use it. [Naturals alone are not effective for me, but when I use Androgaphis with an antibiotic, such as omniceff, for me it is highly effective.] My brain definitely improves. You might get rash.

We'll Win

Posts: 107 | From maryland | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herbs are powerful. You have to go slow though. Lemon water will also help with the herx.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement