LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Swollen Lymph nodes-Scared for cancer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swollen Lymph nodes-Scared for cancer
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone.

Some of you know my story. Have had Lyme symtpms for about 8 years now and i just had a premature baby born two months early in March. My baby girl is doing fine thank God.

However i had a very tough pregnancy. I have heard that during pregnancy your symptoms will subside because the immune system weakens. and i have also heard that after delivery your symptoms will worsen because your body awakens to fight infection again.

Well i breastfed my daughter for about 3 weeks and had to stop because i didnt want to was scared to pass on whatever i had. I felt i was sweating alot underarms and just felt my hormones were going crazy.

About a month ago a cyst appears on the left side of the neck. I panic because my cousin just got diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma 4 months ago through finding a cyst in her neck.

So of course i panic and i go to doctors. He did blood work, he did ultrasound and he actual found more swollen lymph nodes in my neck. The weird thing is they are all on left side. He did a FNA fine needle biopsy.

A week later he called and said that no malignant cells were found and nothing showed in your bloodwork so its nothing serious it should go away in few months.

Meanwhile i have a rage of symptoms flare up. Severe tingling, pins needle and itchiness. Left side of my body hurts with nerve pain and different locations all the time.

I can definitely feel this is a flare in symptoms of whatever i have. Except this time i now have burning sensation in my arms under arms legs and sometimes in my swollen lymph nodes as well.

So i went to doctor again and she found one swollen in my underarm and one in my groin both on the left side. I have always had night sweats for about 7-8 years. Now i feel i have them more often.

I am eating fine not loosing weight sometime i feel no appetitie but nothing extreme.

I feel whenever i get up in the morning all of sudden symtoms start rushing and i sweat as soon as i stand. Its weird. I have itching all over but mostly due to pins and needle everywhere which makes me itch the area.

Now i can feel a lymph node swollen on my right side of the neck as well. This all happened very fast in matter of days and weeks with swollen lymph nodes in the neck. they are movable and painless but bother me with burning sometimes.

Doctor had ordered PET CT scan of chest and stomach i get results in two weeks with follow up appointment. Meanwhile i am not on any abx or treatments.

Has anyone else experienced swollen lymph nodes to this extent? Looking for some feedback on this as i dont know if Lyme can be a factor or it is the main cause.

Thanks

Breaking up a couple paragraphs for easier reading for many here - Robin

[ 07-15-2014, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if red root tea could hurt you in any way

It kept my nodes down. If you try it and it works you might have bart...did they check for bart...or did a LL doc check for bart...node priblems make me think of bartinella

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP is right: Red Root tea is great for the lymph system.

If your lymph nodes are that inflamed, you may wish to ask the docs to palpate your spleen to make sure it isn't swollen also.

Swollen lymph nodes are a classic symptom of bartonella infection.

Have your docs ran you for other tick borne infections, like erlichia, mycoplasma, bartonella, rickettsia, anaplasma, Epstein Barr titers, etc?

Good Luck.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I'm not knowledgeable about this issue, it looks like lpkayak and GretaM have some great suggestions.

I want to offer you support and encouragement, it sounds like a difficult time you're in the middle of. I like the prayer you have written in your signature, and hope the same for you.

I don't know your story, but encourage you to find a good LLMD. Our illnesses are so complicated, a good doc could help.

Best wishes.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had swollen lymph nodes like that when I was poisoned by new construction. It came on fast. The one in my armpit was the size of a baseball.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to consider trying a lymph drainage massage with an experienced practitioner to see if you feel more comfortable afterwards.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys

Judice were your lymph nodes painful? Mine aren't painful but I always get burning sensation in that area. Maybe due to nerves.

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyfromtheblock
Member # 43805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyfromtheblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had swollen lymph nodes, in the front and back of my neck.

They were one of my first symptoms when I realized something was terribly wrong.

I was sent to hematology to check for lymphoma and m.myeloma, b/c I apparently had MGUS, which is the protein that is present in myeloma. He ran a few labs and knew quickly it was not the case.

He also couldn't figure out why I was bruising like nobodies business.

after I started on abx,that was one of the symptoms that disappeared and hasn't reappeared.

--------------------
celiac dx 2012
pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor dx 2012
lyme dx 2/14
poss igm wb, neg igg wb - Igenex/CDC

Posts: 85 | From south shore | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is pnet

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyfromtheblock
Member # 43805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyfromtheblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor

--------------------
celiac dx 2012
pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor dx 2012
lyme dx 2/14
poss igm wb, neg igg wb - Igenex/CDC

Posts: 85 | From south shore | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Judice were your lymph nodes painful? Mine aren't painful but I always get burning sensation in that area."

All of the above, painful, non-painful and burning.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sonee

I had to come off all my abx recently and within two weeks of being off my meds, I have developed very painful swollen lymph nodes in my left abdomen and groin area. I am also very fatigued as well with this going on.

I think mine have to be related to ongoing infection because they don't swell when I am on antibiotics. I can't believe how painful mine are - that was what alerted me to finding them.

I agree with Greta that swollen lymph nodes are indicative of Bartonella. I think that is what is causing mine, at any rate.

I hope you get some answers soon. Take care of yourself and let us know what you find out.

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement