LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best methods you use to manage doctor notes, protocols, labs, treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best methods you use to manage doctor notes, protocols, labs, treatment?
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What methods do you use to keep up with records, info, and new protocols for your lyme and cos treatment?

For example:
**New lab tests to be done
**New lab test results
**New AK testing results
**New doctor appointment visit notes
**See a nutritionist (and all that is generated there)

How do you manage to set up your newest protocol and get it implemented?

For example:

**stop supplements A&B, but start supplements C&D

**stop the no grain diet, and begin gluten free grains but be sure to soak them overnight

**start infra-red sauna weekly

**go to acupuncture for pain

**take a certain herbal tea daily, building up slowly while at the same time adding GSE and Oregano Oil

Then, once starting new protocols, how do you keep track of your progress?

For example:
**I feel good on the new GSE for 3-4 days, on day 5 feel like crap.

So, basically I'd like to get some suggestions for how to keep track, without losing my mind. I'm relatively organized, but have been feeling pretty bad these last 6-7 months.

I want to be sure I'm not missing something, and can effectively report results back to my doctor. I do keep a journal as best as I can.

Thanks for your input!

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a big desk calendar where I write down daily what I take and how I feel.

I type my questions for the MD in advance and I always get a hard copy of my lab results. I have on the computer what supplements/drugs I am taking and I update it regularly so I can print it off for the doc.

If I have a major apt and I can take a friend, I do that so she can help ask questions and take notes.

At times I have taken my digital recorder and asked the MD/nurse etc. if may tape the appt. I have not had one say "no," yet.

Blessings. Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8929 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use my icalendar on my phone to track all appointments and pills. I program in reminders.

I just started keeping a progress journal on google docs. Google docs lets you create private word type files online. You can share them with others if you want to. I like that I can access it at any computer I'm at and I always know exactly where it is.

I'm thinking of buying a 3 ring binder for my medical records. you can buy a box of clear plastic sleeves to slip pages into. I think I might do that so I have all of my medical records organized and I can just flip through them to find something from a certain date or whatever.

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use 3 ring binders-big ones -lots of them

But im still disorganized

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NH_Hiker
Member # 43676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NH_Hiker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question!

I just set up an excel spread sheet on all meds appointments and symptom tracker/severity. I haven't finished it yet, I still need some of my lab reports. It allows me to cross reference meds to symptoms and cycles.

Best of luck! All of this has been a challenge and is overwhelming at times.

Posts: 29 | From 42.782745, -71.280301 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old fashioned paper and pen: I leave a ringed paper notebook on my kitchen counter by supplement and medication cabinet,

every day start with a fresh piece of paper writing date/ name,
and every pill/ herbs/detox method taken gets recorded underneath w/ time.

Any die off reactions I write in margin for that day.
For upcoming ideas or questions I think I want to discuss at next LLMD appt., separate piece of paper at the very back I can add to throughout the month.

Filing cabinet with organized files keeps all testing papers.

Also have a large monthly calendar (old fashioned again, paper) on my counter with all upcoming appointments.

Works for busy me- faster and efficient.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many great, practical ideas.

I just went back to do using a medication/supplement chart that I had stopped using. I divided a table in word into times of day I take the meds. Then under it, all the meds/supps and amounts.

I put it in the kitchen with my pill boxes. I now feel unconfused, it's like instructions, in black and white. No more using my memory!

I'm going to try incorporating some of your great ideas as well.

Thanks!

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep two large wicker baskets on top of my sauna.

One gets all the medical/healthcare related receipts.

The other gets the paper copies of my lab results.

It is difficult for me to file things somedays hence the baskets. I just dump them in. And it works great because the most recent one is always on top.

The doctors notes get photocopied and scanned. One copy I keep at work, the other at home.

The medication instructions I keep on the front of the fridge. I look at them everytime I go in the fridge (I keep water in there).

When I read it, I either take the meds right away or prep them.

My nightime meds are by my toothbrush.
My morning meds are beside the coffee pot.

I used to set a timer for every two hours to take pills supps probiotics etc. That was handy also.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement