LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Symptoms Are Coming Back. Sound FAmiliar?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Symptoms Are Coming Back. Sound FAmiliar?
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolann2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was bit in 2010, treated in 2012 and parts of 2013. Began to feel normal and stopped the treatment and stopped going to the doctor. I have been off of all meds since April of this year.

I am begining to get some strange symptoms again. I am begining to wonder if I didn't kill everything and now it is coming back.

My question is, all of the symptoms that I had before are not the same symptoms that I am having now.

I am having a lot of headaches, eyes hurt and one day I had incomplete vision. That only last a day. I did go to the doctor and it showed on the tests that my right quadrant vision was impaired/blocked.

The incomplete vision hasn't happened again. I still get the bad headaches and my eyes hurt really bad. I can't hardly keep them open.

I have a lot of bruised feeling all over my arms and different parts of my body at different times.

The ears are ringing and they are full again. Hurts most of the time.

Today for about a couple of hours I had horrible pain from my waist down. It was mostly on the backside of my 'butt', thighs and legs. Not in the front side.

It was so tender, when I went to the bathroom, the bit of strain it caused hurt from my hips to my feet.

All of these symptoms, except for the ears, are not symptoms like I had before. Would the symptoms be different?

I did have some blood tests run. My RBC was low. HGB was low. RDW was low. MPV was high. Vitamin D level was low. ESR was high.

Also CO2 was high. And the BUN/Crea was high.

I haven't been back to see the doctor since I had these tests.

They took an MRI on my brain because of the sight issue. The only thing they found was a small left mastoid effusion, which I am not sure what that is. No lesions.

I am waiting for appointment with a doctor at Vanderbilt. I am pretty sure that I am going to have to find an LLMD and go back to treatment again.

The blood tests and the symptoms, do they sound familiar?

Thank you.

Posts: 213 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is Vanderbilt, they are not going to help you with lyme or any of the usual coinfections. But you probably know that.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolann2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Poppy,

I believe you. It has been three weeks tomorrow. They were supposed to look my MRI over with my other med records and get back with me for an appointment.

I think that they saw "Lyme" in my records and they are ignoring me.

I am searching for a new LLMD. Went to one that was awfully far away. I am looking into some that was given to me off of this site.

Very frustrating.....

Posts: 213 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this but all so familiar. I honestly don't know what the answer is..I don't have an answer but sure can sympathize.. Best of Luck.
Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you may be anemic from your blood work results.

Unfortunately, you will not find proper treatment for Lyme in Tennessee.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you were treated for lyme the first time, what coinfections were treated?

I was losing my vision also, but bartonella treatment reversed it.

Also the sore legs from the hips down is something I have also. My doc says this is a coinfection.

Mycoplasma can also cause the bruised all over feeling, as can lyme.

I am sorry you are going through a relapse.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

I think the doctor tried covering all coinfections. I only was treated for one year. I thought I was fine.

I think that he had it in his mind that it wouldn't take long for me to get rid of the lyme since I hadn't been carrying it around for 10-20 years or more.

I was bit in 2010. Two years later I began treatment. I treated for exactly one year. I felt good and thought I was cured.

I know better now.

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry carolann-- but maybe this time will be easier- meanwhile how's your diet/ exercise--

I hope I don't jinx here, but my daughter took a long break in treatment, then started back up with instant improvement-

I'd like to think that's because all the work we've done previously with her-

Hope you can get to someone LL soon-

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you may have babesia in the mix. I hope you will be willing to travel for a good LLMD.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

I mainly do Yoga from a DVD, It is for over "50" group. I do it okay maybe three or four times a week for about an hour.

Diet....I had originally gained about 50 pounds. I quit smoking three years ago. That was one reason I gained.

I have lost about 15 pounds since I have gained. Very slow to lose it, but I have kept it off so far.

AT the time that I lost the weight, I was doing Zumba. I lost it in about two months. I was eating vegetarian.

I ate fish (mainly salmon) and chicken. Very rarely did I eat any red meat. I don't care much for red meat.

But, I like a good juicy hamburger every now and then. And I like a good hot dog too!

No sugar. That is hard to give up. I do cheat now and then.

I tried gluten free for three months and never could tell a difference. So I gave that up. I live in a rural area where you can't buy gluten free stuff.

Hi LymeToo! I think you are right. I have a lot of Babesia symptoms. I will probably go back to Dr. C. It is about as close as I am going to get.

I did get better with him so I am going to see about getting another appt with him soon.

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD. Also google parasite symptoms. Over 40% of ticks are carrying the Filarial Worm co-infection and many with chronic Lyme are infected with other parasites. www.lymephotos.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement