LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Did anyone else feel this way before abx and diagnosis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did anyone else feel this way before abx and diagnosis?
chaZ4456
Member # 44080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaZ4456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little background, i have not been diagnosed yet but i am in need of reassurance that what i am feeling may be Lyme&co. I am not on any abx at all, nor have i ever taken any, and I have been feeling strangely weird ever since April.

Does anyone just feel like doom anxiety and depression all the time? Like the grim reaper is right near you and you cant enjoy life because you feel like it is over? a derealization and depersonalization feeling? that symptom was the onset for me, as well as being really fatigued.

I get nervous about doing things when i used to be real outgoing. I dont do much as i used to ever since this all happened, I basically just search forums for answers and keep the tv on to sometimes distract me, because when ever i try to do what i used to do or try to get into interests that i used to have before these symptoms, i am overcome with a feeling of dread like something isn't right or I shouldn't be doing that or that i am just going to drop soon or find out horrible news or something.

I just always have this impending doom feeling and it never goes away, as if something very bad is going to happen to me or maybe that i may have something more than Lyme. because of this gloomy doom feeling i cant enjoy life at all and i always get this nervous feeling in my head when i have never been like that before.

This is just so debilitating for me and ruins every aspect of life, i have not had a truly happy moment in over three months now, everytime i even get a little happy a horrible feeling comes over me as if i wont be around much longer or something and it is really scaring me, and i do not think it is only from just run of the mill anxiety and depression because i have never had them in my life up until now. These feelings are so odd and scary they feel like something coming from out of this world or like a premonition of some kind, i truly feel like i am either going crazy, or experiencing some evil stuff going on.

I am sorry to go on and on or seem dramatic, but has anyone gone through similar feelings before you were diagnosed or before you were on abx?

Posts: 24 | From atlanta | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Yes and still do but not as bad!!! Its horrible..

I was put on an anxiety meds which helped a lot, still take them.

Do you have any other lyme symptoms?

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely had uncharacteristic anxiety/fear/paranoia, chaZ. Many of us did.

My symptoms were not responsive to psych drugs (although I was not on them long enough to say for certain), but very quickly responsive to treatment for babesia-like organisms.

Whether or not you have Lyme & co, be aware that there are plenty of systemic and micrcobial causes of 'mental illness' that are ignored by the psychiatric community.

Try to get to the underlying etiology of your change in behavior if possible; most LLMD's are integrative med and can help with that.

--------------------
-------------
- Working Dx: Protozoa x3, Bartonella
- Tx: Biaxin, Mycobutin, Ivermectin, boluoke, serapeptase, allimed, silver ACS 200 spray, Mg, Iodoral, fish oil, Vit's B, C, D, NAC, etc

Posts: 121 | From Nc | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mentioned some of your symptoms in an earlier post (July 05, 2014)

quote:
- depersonalization/dearealization feeling - anxiety and depression - impending doom feeling lingering over me – chills - tension headaches - weird feelings in my head like my brain is rumbling around, some skin issues such as random red/brown tiny dots appearing out of nowhere - some brain fog – nausea - tingling feelings on my skin and like bugs are crawling on me, - in the beginning of all this i also had a low grade fever - I am allergic to foods sometimes - I cannot drink beer anymore when just two months ago i was able to handle a good amount - have been seeing floaters a lot - I see random flashes of white light dots - light sensitivity - seeing strong after images when i look at objects - sound sensitivity - I also have to crack my joints - fatigue most of the time
chaZ4456, Believe it or not, I had everyone of these symptoms +++ many more at the beginning of my journey into (Lyme-World). I still have some, but better than years ago. All these symptoms you have are very common to Lyme/co’s diseases.

Mono has many symptoms like Lyme disease.
quote:
– July 5th. -I did have a tick attached to my groin area in late february/early march and that is why i suspect that i may have it although i did not get the bullseye rash, just a bump that itched and kind of hurt for a month.
. (Most people don’t get the bull’s-eye rash. I didn’t, but to this day I still get the same rashes as you (random red/brown tiny dots) most of my rashes are on my chest/stomach area.

Since you said you found a Tick on your body, and have all these symptoms, you need to find an LLMD (ASAP).

Mono – Read ALL (8) pages, if you haven’t already> - http://www.medicinenet.com/infectious_mononucleosis/article.htm

Please read this site from Dr. B. It’s the bible when treating Lyme/co’s. - http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

I feel your pain regarding the – (depersonalization/dearealization feeling - anxiety and depression) – I did the psych drugs & psych docs, didn’t do a thing for me. They both actually made me worst, but they do work for some – trial & error for most. These symptoms lasted about two years for me (at its worst) – We know how you feel, many of us have gone through it, and many still are.

Always remember this, when it comes to these diseases we all react different to medications, and we all recover in different ways!

I see you haven’t posted in (Seeking a Doctor) – I strongly suggest you do so, the sooner you start treating; the sooner you’ll start feeling some relief.

Good luck,
Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me bartonella caused most of my anxiety and bad thoughts. once I got rid of that 99% of it all went away. during treatment for bart I

had thoughts of eveyone dying, killing myself and doing bad things to everyone and myself- like peeling the skin off of my body! doom doom doom.

the dog even hid from me she knew I was acting so strange.

before I got really sick last summer (undiagnosed until then)my anxiety and all that grew over the years and no meds helped after time. I used to have scenarios in my mind that were people falling out of planes, crashing on bikes and being run over by buses, etc.....

the anti anxiety meds that used to work (only took them once in a blue moon as I don't like meds)started to give me way out reactions! like

seeing things, extreme dzziness, lump in throat, unable to swallow....

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stainsofpain
Member # 43417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stainsofpain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel just like you do chaZ !!!

I have been treating since January and no improvement.

Met with a new LLMD and hopefully this treatment will help.

Have been on antidepressants for years - helps somewhat - but still haven't been happy in years and started taking anxiety meds in the past 3 years.

Posts: 21 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesiosis (a coinfection of lyme disease) gave me the horrible feeling of doom!!!

I only got the spells of doom when my lyme doctor started treating me for the babesiosis.

First he treated me for lyme, then for bartonella, and finally for babesiosis.

The feeling of doom was totally horrible! I had it for 2 days each week. (I believe I had a mild case of babesiosis. A worse case would cause doom continually.)

On those days, I believed there was no hope for me, I would always feel just as I did right then, I could not use logic on my mind to argue that the doom always lifted after 2 days, etc.

I didn't get up, move, eat, drink, go to the bathroom or anything during the babesiosis flares. I just lay there going in and out of consciousness.

So, get to a good lyme doctor (be willing to travel up near D.C. for good treatment) and get rid of this disease right away.

The longer you have had the disease, the longer it takes to get rid of it.

I can give you the name of a doc who will do telephone or skype appointments after the first in-person appointment.

Send me a private message if you want the name, price, etc. Just click on the envelope icon above my post.

You will do well because you haven't been sick very long. Do something and get your life back.

A lyme doctor will treat your story very seriously. They have heard people name these symptoms countless times after having an attached tick.

They know that lyme disease and its coinfections affect the brain. You will be believed and helped if you go to a doc who treats only lyme disease. Other docs don't know enough to understand that lyme can do this to a person.

I got rid of lyme, babesiosis, and bartonella over 9 years ago now and I am still symptom-free, enjoying my life. I have the same life I had before lyme disease.

I stick around LymeNet just to point people to the good doctors so they can get rid of this horrendous disease.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement