LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bart - How do we get rid of it? For good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bart - How do we get rid of it? For good?
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really seems like Bart is a big culprit for keeping people sick.
I have been in pretty decent shape for a while, but never symptom-free. It's always a nagging Bart symptom that would creep up on me.

Recently, I've had a bad time with anxiety (the uncontrollable kind that is always accompanied by butterflies), sleeplessness (which is probably a result of the anxiety) and twitching.
The past 3 weeks I have had a horrible sore throat, and occasional pain in my soles in the morning. The sore throat is persistent and will not go away.

I have got to get this under control. The lack of sleep is going to cause a backslide, and I can't do that.
No doctor I have ever been to seems to know how to get rid of Bart. They know what drugs are prescribed for it, but it seems that NO ONE has the answers about killing it off.

Am I missing a detail? I no longer can afford a LLMD. I can barely afford herbs.
What can I do to get rid of it? Has anyone here shaken Bart? How is it done?
I have got to get this Bart under control

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend did IV levaquin in India. I don't know if they do it in the states. This got rid of it. Her eyesight got better, she went back to how her eyes were 10 years before!

I've been reading up on this too. Here's a post I ran across:

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2009/07/bartonella-re-visited.html

"Is the treatment of Bartonella different than that for Lyme? Both Lyme-Borrelia burdorferi and Bartonella are gram negative bacteria. The medical literature claims that both bacteria can for the most part be treated with the same antibiotics: Doxycyline, Biaxin, Zithromax, Rocephin, Levaquin and others. These drugs are bacteriostatic. Only two drugs are reputed to be bactericidal: Gentamycin and Rifampin."

I'm allergic to gentamycin and rifampin, so I don't know how I'm going to kill the thing.

I read alinia has some effectiveness against bart. I will be trying that next.

I've taken herbals and they haven't done much.

Also it seems like what strain you have makes a difference:

Recommendations for Treatment of Human Infections Caused by Bartonella Species
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC415619/

I think that's why my friend got better.

[ 08-05-2014, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Judie ]

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

The herxes I got from Alinia were unbearable. Ground me to a stub within a day or two. I still have a stockpile of Alinia left, But I'm scared to take it, as I have no sick days left. Not sure how to proceed. I have some 10 month old Rifampin as well. Another drug that doesn't agree with me.

How long I wonder will these drugs beat up on me before coming to the other side of it? The ALinia was so bad, I feel like the herxes could have killed me if I kept going. Rough rough stuff. Rifampin was similar.

I took oral Levaquin for a long time, then to Avelox, which really seemed to hit it hard, but I ran out of money and could not get a script for it after about 3 months. I really felt like the Avelox was going to do it.
I need to try something though.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great question.

I thought I had it beat. Then about two months back got the streaks and insomnia.

Now it cycles but I get the afternoon fevers like clockwork.

Rifampin herx was nuts, but helped. I did that with CSA (crypto, sida, alcornea), zith, IV roceph (bacteriostatic against bart).
Finished off with a month of levaquin.

CSA tincture still helps.

IV gent helped me in the past, although I didn't know I had bart at the time.

Alinia I liked also.

I think bartonella like organisms may respond to protozoa meds, as that is what alinia is.

Sorry can't be more help.
Good luck with bart. He is a big jerk.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some proto symptoms resemble bart. I either have bart/proto or both, or possibly even another strain. Check out Dr C's identification/treatment for protomyxzoa. Insomnia and anxiety are on her list. You might try something there.

http://protomyxzoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Protomyxzoa_rheumatica.pdf

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Treating Proto could be helpful. I have dropped almost all fat out of my diet, save for a small piece of turkey or fish at dinner. I wonder if that has created these new herxes, ad I've only been eating like this for a month or two.
The big problem I'm having though is money. I can't afford Lumbrokinase or all of those drainage tinctures. There needs to be a better and cheaper way to destroy biofilms and detox. What Dr. C. recommends looks like about 4-600 bucks /month. I can't really do more than 50.

It is interesting that she prefers Bab-2 for proto. I've been using A-Bart. Not sure if it's working. Backing off last week did coincide with less anxiety, but I also was sleeping better at that time.

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest you add A-Myco for that perpetual sore throat. I had one for years, have been pretty off abx for years, and turned out I had Myco Pneumonia. One bottle of A-Myco, and that sore throat I just accepted as annoying is gone. The NY-Detox is fabulous as well.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can herx from going low fat, but that's probably a good thing because you're knocking it back.

I think she found that Bab-2 worked on about 85% of her proto patients. We are all different though. A-bart helps me, but Bab-2 does nothing for me.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement