LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Debilitating anxiety attack today?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Debilitating anxiety attack today?!
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I've been doing really well latley like I have said before. Energy is back up go to the gym 4-5 times a week but latley I've notice a knot in my chest as in a tight feeling over my heart. Well today while leaving

work I began to have to concentrate on my breathing and my chest got tighter and tighter and then I began to feel weak. Had this not happened to me before I would have driven straight to the emergency room. I haven't had this happen in over 6 months and it was one of my

first symptoms. Is there something that could have triggered this? I refuse to take "anxiety" meds because they make me a zombie and don't allow me to live my active life style.

I detox daily with cholesteramine and burbur. I take
Magnesium suppliments and I take neuroscience suppliments to help

control my cortisol levels as well as all adrenal functions so this is so unexpected.

I also just took a nap seeing if that would help and I woke up with the same tight chest uneasy shaky feeling

Help please and thank you

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
Co infections? Who knows...
Bands 18+ 30+39+41+45+58+66+ IGG
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I'm concerned, this is very common, at least with me.

I can go 1-2 even three months, and then bang, all those symptoms come back.

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why? What causes them? I'm not doing anything different I haven't changed anything. I have physical anxiety reactions where my chest is in a knot but I don't have mental anxiety as I am calm and cool in my head but just annoyed as to what's going on. This is my only symptom that I have left

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vistaril is not a real anti anxiety med...it is an old drug ...an antihistamine. With anti anx propertys

I know about it cuz my mom was sick with lyme-but it was undx and untx. She got severe anx...she would just shake when nothing scarey was going on

They gave her large dose of vistarul to control her anx

Years later i began having the anx sx of waking early and shaking so much the bed moved

I was treating lyme. Tried the anti anx and depression drugs and hated them

I began taking 25 mg of vistaril before bed...it imprived quality of sleep(rem) and stopped anx

I have been taking it thatway for many yrs-no side effects, not drowsey the next day...but anx gone

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Hmm il have to look into that thank you

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could also be that the meds you are on are depleting your magnesium. Certain antibiotics do deplete mag.

Very low magnesium WILL give you anxiety and panic attacks. Even if you are taking oral mag, of which very little is absorbed. Most of what you take ends up in the toilet because our bodies can only absorb a very little at a time. Try taking a warm bath in epsom salts (2 cups) and 1 cup of baking soda for the next couple days and see if that helps. (Or better yet, go get a Magnesium Chloride IV - best $$$ I ever spent on this disease for sure).

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe now that you are improving you need less cortisol? Have you tried backing off? The could be symptoms of overreplacement.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sucks to hear, maybe yeast or magnesium. Maybe switch or get on an antifungal/yeast.

It is good to hear you are doingbetter overall. Are you still on Will's protocol or another?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymeinhell:
It could also be that the meds you are on are depleting your magnesium. Certain antibiotics do deplete mag.

Very low magnesium WILL give you anxiety and panic attacks. Even if you are taking oral mag, of which very little is absorbed. Most of what you take ends up in the toilet because our bodies can only absorb a very little at a time. Try taking a warm bath in epsom salts (2 cups) and 1 cup of baking soda for the next couple days and see if that helps. (Or better yet, go get a Magnesium Chloride IV - best $$$ I ever spent on this disease for sure).

-
Amen to that. The best money I ever spent was on ReMag and ReLyte available at www.rnareset.com Has changed my life!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tbrown2...

Consider that the Cholestyramine could be a contributing factor.

As I'm sure you are aware, it is a drug that was/is originally used for reducing cholesterol, and works by absorbing fats, and is used "off label" by practitioners for toxin removal.

Among other effects, over time this can cause a reduction and/or imbalance of good fats, probiotics, and vitamin and mineral stores in your body (particularly vitamins A, D, and K) as it is not selective about what it absorbs.

Good fats are crucial for brain health, as the brain is made up mostly of fat. Deficiencies/imbalances of these and other nutrients could result in an increase of the symptoms you're describing.

It has also been reported that people with too low of cholesterol levels experience more anxiety...

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement