LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » So I got the cannabis oil in CO...how do I use it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I got the cannabis oil in CO...how do I use it?
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So when I was in CO. I got cannabis oil...

First off its expensive $35 for 1/2 gram.

Its 10 to 1... CBD to THC.

It came in a syaringe. I havent tried it yet. I got it back home..

How much should I start with? How many drops...thoughts?

Do I herx?

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If people tell you, will you actually READ their responses and reply to them?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup I am here I read all my responses all the time Lymetoo

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Please, you must ask the manufacturer of this for specifics. No one else has all the detail required to guide directions.

If you have access to a naturopathic doctor, that might help but they would still need all detail on your label and they would also need to research the manufacturer to be certain of all the things to consider. Some variations may occur regarding even what that ratio means per dose, and amount.

The shop where you bought it, call them for more detail as to how to contact a key person who made this -- then talk to a ND if you can.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
There are likely a couple good websites or professional articles you can find on line for guidance, too. Just be sure of the authors' expertise. Don't look at the junk stuff.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I could not think of the key details before but now I do.

You will need to know how many milligrams of ___ is in how much of the oil.

And, be sure how it's been processed as that might affect dosage.

In any case, it would likely be best to start with just one drop. But, of course, then you'd want to know how often. Hope you can find some good article, etc.

If your supply is small, it's also important to know, what then? As you start to dwindle supply, do you taper off? Or just stop? What to expect then?

Good luck
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tricia386:
Yup I am here I read all my responses all the time Lymetoo

-
Might be a good idea to respond so that those helping you will be assured it's not falling on deaf ears.

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't a clue....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia, did you have to go to a doctor and get a prescription and then buy the oil while you were in CO? or where you just able to purchase it?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

gigimac-

You can buy some, but I had a person who had a medical marijuana card buy it, its cheaper that way and you can get better stuff that way.

We asked at the shop but they werent sure about the herxing effect on it.

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

I think I will try one drop and see what happens

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Have you been able to research this, not just asking for replies here? You may have to look further to find the information but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

The most usual symptom for which people use marijuana oil is seizures. A cross search of that may lead to you the details you need.
-

Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a face book marijuana for lyme group. They say stuff like start with a pin head sized drop.
Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've read, people have different reactions, some herx and then get better, some get pain relief, etc. Each batch or dispensary, etc. may do it differently. And we are all different.

But definitely start very small, and not on a day or time where you have to go anywhere or do anything.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia 386, how'd it go? I sometimes use cbd powder from cibdex, and it can help with my migraines.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia, my understanding is that the concentrated "oil" (which contains no actual oil) is So concentrated that it can be quite intense for people with lyme disease.

Samlyme mentioned a facebook group that is specifically for people treating lyme disease with various types of medical cannabis.

There are at least two of these groups.

I have never ingested the "oil" myself.

The dosages and protocols for people with lyme differs vastly from those for folks with cancer or other conditions.

The reality is that those working in dispensaries do not know what to do for folks with tick borne illness. They have no idea how much people herx, how intensely people can react to even small amounts of concentrate.

If you are on facebook, you can type in "Cannabis for lyme disease" and there you will find at least one group, where folks compare notes and treatments protocols.

Hope you can find lots of support if this is how you would like to heal. There are people who are having excellent results. None of them healed overnight.

May you feel relief and ease ~

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia, how did the oil go for you? Did you herx & any indication of relief or dwindling of symptoms?

In this video someone speaks in favor of the oil & pronounces to have gotten better from a number of afflictions from Lyme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=307cbbKw0xM&list=PL_OlgjJ2KB0eZoRIKuau5D4QU36gP-vre

Does anyone know this Lymie?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Hey all! so I didnt try it yet! I was scared!

I had my HB try it (does not have Lyme or Coinfections)

He said he got really high...paranoid...didnt like it...

he tried the size of a rice grain...the effect lasted 5 hours...

kinda scraed to try it.

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe dilute the single drop in a little bit of water & only take part of it for the first time.
Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamalicious
Member # 43611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mamalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful! I tried Miranol which is RX THC from LLMD and had a horrible experience. The 3rd time I took it I was really high then had a full blown panic attack followed by extreme paranoia. I was writhing in my bed uncontrollably and had to take an Ativan to "come down". It messed my nervous system up for a couple of weeks..

That being said I have a severe sleep hangover today from adding Melatonin to my usual sleep medication so I am very sensitive to everything...

If you have a tendency to have adverse reactions just keep that in mind...

My LLMD said my reaction was uncommon...

Posts: 97 | From Rockwall,TX | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read/heard ( I live in BC...it's as common as coffee here), that the mixtures with the lower THC/higher CBD can cause paranoia.

Which is why I have never tried it as a pain control method.

Your HB has different brain chemistry than us, so perhaps his experience is way different than us TBD-ers?

Some folks in my support group use the low THC/high CBD and mention they don't feel high at all.

I would suggestion dilution is the solution if and when you try it... lol

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks for everyones input. Panic is part of my symptomalogy so I am alittle scared to try it..

--------------------

Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does HB stand for?
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie-I am assuming HusBand. I could be way off though. The tech initial stuff always gets twisted around in my brain haha
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i smoke al the time,, sometimes its the worst mistake i could ever make and sometimes its cool,,, it makes my d/p waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy worse when it s bad,,, im talking hell and other times not so bad

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reasearched this a lot a bit ago. yes, you wil herx and yo ucould herx pretty badly.

and keebler is right- it all depends on who made it and the potency of it.

you need to know what kind (quality) plant it came from, etc.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
send it to me and I will let you know how I feel! [Wink]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this a lot. Although Kratom is much better for me. But start slow and make sure your liver is working primo cause it's taxing on it. Also slows metabolism depending on strain used to make the oil.

Definitely slows down an irritated nervous system.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zeitgeist
Member # 17280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zeitgeist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I've looked at many dispensary websites in Colorado and haven't found any that have advertised cannabis oil. Could you tell me where you were able to find it? That would be really helpful. do you know if what you got is the same as Rick Simpson's Phoenix tears?

-Zeitgeist

Posts: 44 | From Indianapolis | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Any update on usage?

Interesting cannabis article:
http://fromlymetolife.com/category/cannabis-for-lyme-disease/

LisaK
Member # 41384

yes, please tell

__

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

A good write up with some links.
http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=30&m=3294775

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I want to know is does this actually work? I get the same three stories on the internet OVER AND OVER again. It has gotten to the point where I don't really believe it. Surely someone else would have had success by now??? I know it has anti-microbial properties, but so do a ton of other things. Nicotine has antimicrobial properties as well.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would start with cannabis oil that is the size of a grain of rice. You can put it in a capsule and swallow it or put it on some peanut butter and eat it.

There are a lot of groups on facebook that can help with dosing, but you need to start very slow.

I live in Colorado and have a medical MMJ card. Most who use the oil, eventually have to grow their own plants and make oil themselves. Very expensive to use just the dispensaries.

I have heard of many who are being helped with multiple issues.

Marinol is the thc part of the plant. If you need pain and sleep control, you want high cbd oil.

Rick Simpson uses Naptha to make the oil and that isn't safe in my opinion. Many use 190 proof alcohol to make the oil. It isn't hard to make.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia what kind or brand of cannabis oil did you buy?

--------------------
Faithful

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Dr. E. Murakami (former LLMD) was forced into an earlier than expected retirement for treating Lyme patients.

He is promoting the use of oils & has seen and heard of the benefits from many Lymies.

When I asked him does it actually kill the spirochetes, this is what he had to say...

"The killing of the Cystic survival forms of Borelia burgdorferi is of vital importance for the prevention of the recurrance of this disease. Our research has shown that hemp cannabidiol can possibly destroy the spirochetes in the test tube invitro but tests will be required for invivo tests in animals for confirmation. We should have a report of the second stage of cyst destruction in the test tubes soon. "

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

He is saying these things because he has treated patients & now devotes a part of his life to Lyme education & investigations.

-

LisaK
Member # 41384

that sounds good to me. wish I could get me some

___

--------------------

faithful777
Member # 22872

My LLMD has prescribed this for those in legal areas. She says it will kill Lyme and coinfections.

I am still in remission and use it once a day. There are people actually moving here for the cannabis oil.

--------------------
Faithful

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someday. It's just ridiculous it's a class one drug, and alcohol isn't.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

I believe that 29 states have now approved medical use.

I know it is crazy that all states haven't approved it.

--------------------
Faithful

LisaK
Member # 41384

agreed Catgirl!!!!

oh, how I so wish!!!

the only thing I worry about is how people would go nuts for it right away if it becomes legal al lover. I am sure it may die down, but the craziness would probably be rampant at first. especially with teens and older people that never tried it. my mom says she would do it if it were legal. she is 82.

but medical use should be deffinitely legal in every state!!! I NEED it. I have so much pain. can I go to another state and get it an dbring it here in PA? or is that illegal- you have to live there? I want the oil to get rid of stuff. I know it works. I just know it.

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Directly from Dr. Murakami:

"Numerous studies support the incredible healing capacity of cannabis, especially regarding cancer. The National Cancer Institute alone has documented 25 studies on the exceptional power that cannabis possesses to halt the progression of cancer.

In animal tests, two forms of liver cancer -- hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma -- decreased when cannabis was given. Benign tumors in other organs, such as the pancreas, testes, uterus and mammary and pituitary glands, were diminished as well.

Several reviews also found that cannabinoids appear to encourage cancer cell death (apoptosis), while preserving normal cells. Moreover, cannabis induces programmed cell death in breast cancer cell lines and offers protection against both colorectal and lung cancer."

It is very unfortunate that Cannabidiol is found in Marijuana and the uninformed should be aware that it is found also in chocolate, hemp, broccoli, carrots, blue berries, black berries and mothers milk with varying amounts. Most likely it found in most fruits and vegetables and have not been tested, but we should be more be open minded and separate Cannabidiol as a miraculous drug.

Legal laws now are increasingly allowing this compound to be used by the medical profession successfully in many terminal end stage diseases that are unresponsive to standard medical drugs. We sit back and say" OH NO" to many end stage diseased patients and tell them that nothing more can be done but why not try a vegetable product that has and having miraculous results with evidence based recorded documentations.

Our studies have proven antibiotic effect of cannabidiol on live Borelia burgdorferi spirochetes in-vitro and the effect on cysts and biofilm should be available soon.
Unfortunately most people cannot remove that fact that cannabidiol is a dangerous drug and will steadfastly stick to the old idea that all cannabiods are dangerous. They will change their minds when they get a disease that is considered terminal."

Dr. Ernie Murakami,M.D. Clinical Associate Professor Emeritus, UBC.
B.A. Bacteriology and Immunology, UBC."

lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've weighed in about this ad-nauseum in the past. I tend to ramble. But I just wanted to bump this in hopes of getting more positive updates from Tricia and also add what I've said elsewhere.

Cannabis has been the ONLY thing that quells my symptoms to the point of feeling normal. It has helped me with Neuro symptoms and especially the bad physical stuff that still rears its head occasionally.

When I move to Ca., I plan to treat with R Simpson oil. Cannabis may have helped me turn a very important corner not long ago.

It does not always help my tinnitus if vaporized and inhaled. Sometimes the tinnitus gets worse. Ingested it does indeed help my ears so go figure.

Hope to hear more about this.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My, I still can't spell that word! Mar-, mari-, mariwana! Marijuana.... from Tijuana.... man, one would think this stuff is definitely not for lymies, because my brain can't spell this stuff.

Maybe if you treat with it long enough it will help with the spelling, lol!

In all seriousness now,

Lisa, Healingwell.com has a good discussion on this and is where I learned you can get the healing ingredient of marijuana (cannibinoids) from the hemp plant.

Medical marijuana is still not legalized in PA, but you can buy CBD oil made from the hemp plant. There are some online companies. In fact, there is a vendor in PA. And it is perfectly legal to buy CBD oil from hemp no matter what state you live in.

The main component of marijuana is THC. But this will make you high, and from what I understand, does not have the healing capabilities of cannibinoids (CBD). There are some strains of marijuana that have a higher CBD ratio than most, but the hemp plant has almost no THC, but does have the CBD. So you can get the same healing benefits of MJ from the hemp plant. And you can buy it now, legally, no matter where you live in the US.

That's my understanding. Someone more knowledgeable can feel free to correct me.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

lymeboy, do you think/feel it is killing off pathogens, or just masking symptoms? Do you relapse after stopping the Cannabis?

Does it act like ABX, when stopping abx you get progressively sicker?

I have heard reports of people with borrelia, bart, babs, myco & getting better with C.Oil. It is nice to get a bigger consensus though.

I have also heard some hope in the natural oils department. Pathogens have a tough time in concentrated oils & that is why animals & and some plants secrete them. For protection from dehydration & from pathogenic invasion.

Logically it makes sense, just as eating fruits & vegetables bestows natural protection from the very organisms the foods are protecting themselves from.

Is there a good vendor for hemp oil?

LisaK
Member # 41384

Thanks TNT!

I know someone that smokes it every day for very long time.

one time , for about 6 months , he decided to give it up because his job wsa doing screenings. during that period he became kind of stupid. saying dumb things, getting angry sometimes about nothing big.

when he started up again he seemed to be smarter again. ! later, he was dx with lyme and some other tick things. so, my hypothesis is that smoking, for him, helped his sx and slowed down the damage.

I asked him about it .. I asked if he felt better on it. he said he couldn't tell.

--------------------

TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a recent good discussion about hemp CBD oil. It has some suggestions of good vendors, and ones even recommended by LLMDs.

http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=30&m=3294775

You can buy tinctures for decent prices, or differing grades of pure oil for more money.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Hemp oil is NOT the same as CBD oil. Nor can CBD oil be extracted from hemp seeds. Hemp oil will contain a low amount of CBD, and is very good for you regardless of that. But be aware CBD oil is not legal without a medical card in medical states (except for in the newly legal states where anyone may buy it).

Hemp oil comes from Hemp seeds. CBD oil comes from the big buds of a marijuana plant.

please check out these articles for a decent explanation of this:

http://www.mintpressnews.com/hemp-oil-versus-cbd-oil-whats-the-difference/193962/

http://www.hightimes.com/read/difference-between-hemp-oil-and-high-cbd-strains

http://www.projectcbd.org/news/hemp-oil-hustlers-a-project-cbd-special-report-on-medical-marijuana-inc-hempmeds-and-kannaway/

Rick Simpson has always used MJ buds for his oil. He stresses that this method is the best way to combat cancer.

Lymedin2010, I cannot say whether vaping mj has actual activity against Lyme. I don't think there are any studies that will verify, nor will there be for years.

I have had reactions that seemed like herxes, only to feel great the next day.

My theory is this and it is only my opinion. Using Cannabis has allowed my body to step out of the "fight or flight" mode that it's been in since Lyme took hold of me so many years ago. In doing so, the immune system has been allowed to do a better job of dealing with infection and the body is better able to heal.

Cannabis has very powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. People are healing autoimmune disease by juicing raw leaves and/or buds. Juicing cannabis will not get you high. It needs to be heated to become psychoactive.

Smoking anything is not good for your lungs. While smoking weed may not be nearly as bad as tobacco, it is by no means good for your lungs.

TNT
Member # 42349

Thanks, Lymeboy. I stand to be corrected. What I say next is in all due respect. I am just trying to find the truth in all this since I have no personal experience with cannabis.

What I don't understand is why there is so much confusion surrounding this very issue. It all depends on where you read about it.

In fact, read the comments below the article in the first link posted above (mintpressnews.com). It's back and forth worse than a tennis match on this very question!

The article itself does not clearly define whether CBD oil can be significantly extracted from hemp plants or not. And, this statement confuses me:

(quote from the article):
Though hemp oil does contain low levels of CBD, typically less than 25 parts per million (ppm), CBD extracts “are produced either directly from cannabis flowers that are up to 15 percent CBD (150,000 ppm), or indirectly as a co-product of the flowers and leaves that are mixed in with the stalks during hemp stalk processing for fiber.” (end quote)

Couldn't "cannabis flowers" refer to both hemp or marijuana plants? And, 15 percent is pretty significant if they are referring to hemp flowers.

And it mentions the "flowers and leaves" of what I assume is the hemp plant, since it talks about mixing this in with the hemp stalks in the processing for the fiber.

If what you are saying is true, the vendors selling CBD oil from hemp must be flat-out lying because I have seen it advertised at 15% CBD content, at least. This would be total false advertisement, and I don't see how they could get away with that for long.

Here is an example:
http://healthyhempoil.com/best-cbd-oil/?doing_wp_cron=1414095069.4013829231262207031250

Experience always bears more weight...so I stand to be corrected.

TNT
Member # 42349

From the same website:

http://healthyhempoil.com/cannabidiol-legal-status/

lymeboy
Unregistered

Yea, that particular sentence is clunky and ambiguous. My takeaway is that CBD oil is made from cannabis Flowers (buds/colas) and Hemp oil is made from Hemp seeds.

All three articles point out that A bunch of hemp vendors (owned by the same shady hemp company) are trying to pass off their CBD oil as legal cannabis oil and it is not really what people are looking for. It is not keeping epileptic babies alive. Hemp oil is good for you. It will help with inflammation and immune function but it's not medical oil and DEFINITELY not R.Simpson oil.
Currently there is no fully legal CBD oil that can easily be purchased over the net. If you think you are buying Simpson oil or Cannabis oil legally in a prohibited state, you are either buying ineffective medicine that's better off on your salads than anywhere else, or you can expect a knock on your door from some unhappy cops.

Do not get ripped off. Hemp oil should be fairly cheap and not passed off as meds. And BE CAREFUL. This is still an illicit drug that can carry major consequences if precautions aren't taken. And sometimes even if they are.

jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by faithful777:
My LLMD has prescribed this for those in legal areas. She says it will kill Lyme and coinfections.

I am still in remission and use it once a day. There are people actually moving here for the cannabis oil.

Faithful777,

When you say that you are in remission. Did the Cannabis Oil put your Lyme into Remission, or are you using the CO as a therapy to keep you in remission?

What THC/CBD ratio does your LLMD think is best for Lyme and Co-infections?

I am leaning towards a higher THC oil( based on what i have researched so far).

What dosage per day does your LLMD think the killing starts at?

I have done a fair amount of research on all of this and getting ready to go down the CO path.

Lots of stuff out there on CO killing cancer cells and eliminating tumors. If it can kill cancer then i would think it is worth a shot of using it for Lyme and Cos.

When i smoke it really helps my symptoms, so i am thinking the oil being so much stronger and concentrated will kill what needs to be killed.

I 100% agree with the above, hemp oil will not do anything near what we need done. Has to be from the actual Cannabis plant........

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I always thought hemp was cannabis.

I guess I was wrong.

__

--------------------

jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically yes, but hemp is grown more for the use of stalk/seeds and does not produce the actual flower/bud part of the plant.

The flower/bud part is where you get the THC/CBD from. Hemp will also produce CBD and small amounts of THC, but in a much lower concentration vs getting it from the actual flower/bud.

Another way to think about it would be Hemp would be the male plant, and Cannabis would be the female plant. In order to get the flower/bud you need a female plant.

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymeboy:
Hemp oil is NOT the same as CBD oil. Nor can CBD oil be extracted from hemp seeds. Hemp oil will contain a low amount of CBD, and is very good for you regardless of that. But be aware CBD oil is not legal without a medical card in medical states (except for in the newly legal states where anyone may buy it).

Hemp oil comes from Hemp seeds. CBD oil comes from the big buds of a marijuana plant.

Completely agree. I tried hemp seed oil (a friend's) and although it is not nearly the same thing as CBD oil, it still helped me, perhaps because I'm sensitive. I slept better when I used it and it also took away that nasty fight or flight mode that I've been in for years. I can't wait to get my hands on the real deal.

Everyone in every single state should petition for mj to be legal. It's insane that it's not. It helps people way more than alcohol.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Cannabis kicks Lyme disease to the curb

http://420insight.com/medicinal/cannabis-kicks-lyme-disease-curb/

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

THC Cannaboids cures cancer?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153025837533908&fref=nf

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement