LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » THE NEW BOOK "PLAGUE"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE NEW BOOK "PLAGUE"
daystar1952
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the opportunity to read the new book "Plague" before it's been published. It is written by Kent Heckenlively and by molecular biologist Dr. Judy Mikovits.

Mikovits doesn't claim that the XMRV virus is the direct cause of our degenerative diseases...including Lyme but that she has found it in chronic illnesses such as CFS, ALS, M.S, Parkinson's, Autism...etc. When I spoke with her on the phone she stressed the fact that the XMRV retrovirus was found in 100% of all the lyme patients that she personally tested.

She feels that XMRV may at least play a supportive role in these newer illnesses and that retroviruses deserve more research involving these illnesses. Her book tells her true story of betrayal, intrigue and corruption in government. We need to start funding the private researchers whom we feel are getting to the root causes of disease rather than funding the corporate charities which only support research into symptomatic treatments while the real cause simmers under the surface.

I couldn't put the book down and when I reached the end I wished there was more.I hope this book sheds more light on corruption in the medical system and how causes and cures for disease are being suppressed. Check out my blog below for video trailers of the book and a quick interview with the authors.Hillary Johnson wrote the forward to this book.
http://lymesentinel.blogspot.com/2014/09/plague.html

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeSwimmer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeSwimmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post - sounds like an interesting read and have put it into my cart at Amazon. Did the authors have any feedback on release date of the book?
Thanks!

Posts: 118 | From New England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I spoke with Dr. Mikovits they were in the process of spell checking . I think Amazon says it will be released in October
Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hermit
Member # 44427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That does sound interesting. Thank you for sharing.

--------------------

Posts: 74 | From Bowie, Maryland | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

You're welcome. I just think it is important to support those who are being beaten down by the medical system which is covering up causes, prevention and cures. Dr. Mikovits was fired for not endorsing an XMRV test that was not perfected yet.

She took her lab notebooks with her to preserve the research so it would not be lost or buried and she was arrested, jailed and her mug shot was published in Science Magazine...which effectively belittled her as a scientist and her research findings. Something similar happened to Elaine Defreitas, who was also working with retroviruses.

I am also good friends with a molecular biologist who became ill at Pfizer from a genetically engineered retrovirus. She was fired from Pfizer for reporting safety concerns (she was on the safety committee)She sued Pfizer and won but she was forbidden to even mention her illness from the retrovirus...very similar to XMRV ...as part of the case. She only won on the issue of Pfizer retaliating against her by firing her.

These retroviruses apparently are being covered up.

daystar1952
Member # 3255

And I almost forgot about Lida Mattman who was also arrested for her microbial discoveries and testing
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This book is now out -- I'm curious if anyone has read it and has thoughts on it?

Remember, many in the ILADS community were very interested in and supportive of the XMRV discovery when Mikovits made it before the cover-up. In AIDS, there is first a retrovirus (HIV) that is then followed by coinfections, including bartonella and syphilis (a spirochete like Lyme).

So for many people this could be the missing link, and a critical piece of suppressed information.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating (can't wait to read it)!

I agree LymeCFIDSMCS, really good point about HIV, then co infections. You're right, it could be the missing link for many. I wonder what the lyme docs are treating it with or if it's even treatable at this point?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl, some LLMDs I believe may have been prescribing antiretroviral meds (AIDS drugs) when this discovery was first made, but were likely discouraged from doing so just as ME/CFS docs were by media reports that made this sound totally outrageous (i.e. as if patients were stealing drugs from AIDS patients, which was of course untrue).

Dr. B. (LLMD) for one was definitely talking about all of this when it first came out: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/98080

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. [Smile]

I wonder if this came up at the ILADS conference? It's a shame we can't see it streaming anymore. We should all complain to ILADS.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

It became a buried history in all of the controversy, which had to do with the sinister involvement of government agencies, high-up officials (i.e. Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader), etc. -- a lot of this is in articles online.

But there's more to the story, like Elaine DeFreitas' discovery of a similar retrovirus in ME/CFS, also buried by the government a couple of decades earlier, and the fact that *something* was found by Judy Mikovitz.

In the early years of ME/CFS, a lot of doctors recognized the connections to AIDS, and I do believe for many with chronic Lyme, an underlying retrovirus is at work.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement