LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Co Flare or the Big L... ? sigh...need opinions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Co Flare or the Big L... ? sigh...need opinions
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

Last 8 days have had bad head pain not relieved by migraine meds, NSAIDS, increased electrolytes, tumeric.

Slurring speech, mostly in evenings.

Lost my car for three days. Parked it when I was slurring, exhausted.

Didn't realize hadn't parked it in my spot.

Mostly a feeling of being oxygen starved. Like "getting the vapours", but not actually passing out.

As soon as I lay flat, my mind clears, I feel like it gets busy.

Went to the docs today.

O2 saturation 98
Heart sounded good.
Pulse 72

Blood pressure 140/80

Never been that high ever. Makes me think I am inflamed.

Anyways, I called my LL and was put on two oral abx until I can get in to the office.

Just wondering if this "starved for O2" feeling in your experience has been a coinfection, or if you think I'm in a relapse.

Found my car. Was walking my dog and saw the parking officer. Then saw a car, "hey that car is like mine". Then realized it WAS my car...

Argh.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Greta, it sounds awful. I have something similar when my babs symptoms flare.

It's like I'm not getting enough oxygen and it's hard to breath. My chest feels like the muscles don't want to move either.

That head pain is DEFINITELY A big one for me too with babs.

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad.

I didn't have any of this when I was first infected with just Lyme.

My reinfection brought on these symptoms (which is when I got babesia).

My doc and I tried pulsing malarone a couple months back. I went into the office when I was off the malarone.

I was so bad off, I needed help just to walk from the chair to the exam bed and had to remind myself to breath. It wasn't anxiety, it's like my body forgot how.

My doc and I went up on babs meds and no more pulsing.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be babs (though only the air hunger sounds like it). Also could be all the toxins. I still think you should try going off the abx. Worth a try.

Candida is also a possibility.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta,

I strongly suggest an oxygen concentrator, use nightly when sleeping, 3 LPM, some LLMDS are open to prescribing these, but you can also buy online w o a script.

Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok thanks Judie. The way you described it is exactly how it feels. Like my chest muscles and lungs forget how to expand.

Lymetoo: been off abx since May of this year. Was working on detox via chlorella, activated charcoal and DE.

Started up abx just Wednesday this week when I realized a week with no relief in sight and phoned my LL.

Otherwise, I would totally agree with you, if I had been on abx all this time (one and half years) and was not going b-t-t-w with the detoxing currently.

Dal-ok that is a great suggestion of an oxygen concentrator. Do you find it makes it better during the day to have it on at night?

I do feel like the slower I move, the slower my breathing becomes.

Not sure if it happens to you guys also but sometimes I feel like maybe I even stopped breathing, and then my body sighs to bring in more air?

Well I feel a bit better you guys sharing what your experiences were like/are like because it is very scary here worrying lyme has relapsed, or some non TBD related thing has come up.

Just reviewd babesia symptoms and I know I still have bart, so those two...well anyone could misplace their car...right?! Haha.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I do feel like the slower I move, the slower my breathing becomes."

When I was laying down I had to remind myself to breath (move the air in and out of my lungs). I definitely noticed it when I was stationary.

It's hard to describe because it's not like anxiety where you hold your breath.

I don't feel like I'm holding anything, I just need to remind the muscles to work.

It might be related to muscle weakness. That's the other symptom that I get relief from when I'm on bab meds.

There must be muscles around the lungs.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry Greta,

Hope this passes quickly.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Judie,

Are you saying that since stopping the Levaquin, you are doing babs treatment now? Sounds like the malarone was (or, is) helping?

I hope you are getting some relief!

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to use my phone to take a picture of where my car is parked- if I am not in an everyday parking lot- or if my brain is clogged.

Sorry you are having a rough time.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement