LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr's Response to Test Results??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr's Response to Test Results??
Brinkley929
Member # 43812

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Brinkley929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to get opinions on this.

The other day I was talking to somebody whose daughter has been sick for quite some time, many unexplainable symptoms, etc.

She was finally tested for Lyme through Igenex and came back Igenex AND CDC POSITIVE. They took these results to their "LLMD", who then said "just because she has these results just means she has been 'exposed' to the Lyme bacteria, it doesn't mean she is sick with Lyme or this is the cause of her being sick".

As soon as I heard the doctor's response I had a bad gut feeling, like how could this be a real "LLMD"? It just sounds suspicious and like a really weird response.

I wasn't sure what to say to her or what to suggest.

It seems like if somebody has had unexplainable wide variety of symptoms for over a year and then tested positive for Lyme, it should have significance.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Posts: 62 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is NOT AN LLMD. End of sentence.

It IS true that the Western Blot shows EXPOSURE, but ALONG WITH LYME SYMPTOMS, it is deemed to be LYME.

Info on Lyme:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/88555

Western Blot Explanation
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with lymetoo.

Eventually, lyme exposure does a number ON ALL OF US.

One cannot ever be healthy from "other illnesses" when one has lyme.

Untreated lyme, or lyme treated by anyone except an LLMD/LLND is an ACTIVE bacterial infection.

That's like a doc saying an HIV postive test, but not yet full blown, is "exposure", and the symptoms of someone with immune dysfunction cannot be connected or caused by HIV....

It sounds ridiculous with reference to HIV. It should damn well sound just as ridiculous in regards to lyme.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinkley929
Member # 43812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brinkley929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree.

Her daughter has so many odd symptoms that sound like Lyme (numbness, vision problems, floaters, muscle twitching, stomach/gut problems, pains, tingling, fatigue, anxiety, weight issues, racing heartbeat, and several others).

She also had many other tests that show she is perfectly "healthy".

All of this combined with the recent POSITIVE Lyme test, seems these should all be related. I can't remember for sure but I think her blood test came back with 6 or 7 positive bands.

Their doctor refers to himself as a "LLMD" but his response just didn't sound right to me...

Posts: 62 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she misunderstood him?? It's HARD to get a CDC positive Western Blot!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikkabelle
Member # 43604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikkabelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it so hard to get a CDC positive result? I've been hearing that a lot. If you are "lucky" enough to achieve a cdc positive result, what does that mean? Does it have significance? Like a really "strong" case of lyme or something?

Sorry! Know that sounds dumb but I don't know!

--------------------
[Smile]

Posts: 81 | From Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Not a dumb question at all!

Read the Western Blot link above. Some patients are unable to register an antibody response because their immune systems are too weak.

A strong response often indicates a healthy immune system!! If you've had Lyme for a long time, you are LESS likely to show a lot of positive bands.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The daughter has Lyme, the doctor she saw is NOT an LLMD.

Anyone can call himself an LLMD. You need to do your research on ANY doctor that you see.

I really hope they get a 2nd opinion.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement