LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IV heavy metal chelation - scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV heavy metal chelation - scared
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND wants me to work with a LLMD who does a lot with heavy metal chelation. I am loaded with aluminum, cadmium, arsenic, mercury, and more. Says I have a complex case and she feels other LLMD will be able to help me more than she can with this.

I have had 2 treatments so far. First was just EDTA. Last one was EDTA and DMPS for additional provocation testing. It knocked me for a loop. I did NOT like the way I felt after this.

Since then, I have been re-reading Bryan Rosner's earlier book on treating Lyme and also his latest book. Both books caution the use of weekly IV chelation treatments, stating they can do more harm than good.

I am starting to see some improvement with Rife and don't want to make things worse. But I know if my levels of heavy metals are high, they could prevent me from getting well.

Do any of you have experience with the weekly IV chelation treatments? Have any of you gotten down your levels of alumimum, cadmium, arsenic, etc. from a more gentle form of chelation?

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never done that with IV. The reason was just because of the time and money.

I have used Detoxamin suppositories, which have EDTA in them. I assume it is slower, probably it is gentler. I can't say I measured before and after to show what impact it's had on the levels of the metals.

Parasites use the metal as shield from your immune system, is what they say. So it might be helpful to consider treating parasites and metals at the same time.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did one IV chelation with both EDTA and DMSA and felt worse so I stopped. I like herbs. They are much gentler on me. Also supplements with EDTA get metals out of me.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just did the challenge IV and I couldn't handle the whole IV because it made me feel so horrible. So she said that i got enough in me to do the test.

I'm using metal chord from energetix for now.

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyfirefly11
Member # 44808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyfirefly11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would not do any chelation - even a challenge test, without reading Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment first.

He has a very specific protocol using oral chelating agents, and is generally against IV/IM. From what I've read of people following his protocol, it's worked, with much fewer side effects.

Posts: 1 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading that book years back and I had a hard time getting through it. But it was in the beginning of my treatment and I probably know a lot more now than I did then. I will have to see if I can get my hands on this book again.

I like chlorella and cilantro - but Rosner says they are dangerous too. I wonder if anyone here has had luck with Pecta Sol C?

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son's treatment included about 20-25 IV chelations.. while he was on oral antibiotics, antifungals and/or anti-parasitics.

His story is in the success stories thread. On the second to last page I think.. under my username.

One theory is that getting the metals down disrupts biofilms..which helps the antibiotics get to the bugs.

Who knows, really. All I know is that he's been in remission for well over three years.

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. H, the top LLMD, devotes a whole chapter (Chapter 8) to "Lyme and Environmental Toxins" in his book, "Why Can't I Get Better?".
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Thank you for this information everyone. I have Dr. H's book and should re-read that chapter on chelation.

marypart, I found your son's success story. I am so happy for you all [Smile]

ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are docs who advise using activated charcoal. micronized silica, or chloryphyll (liquid) . These all bind to metals w/ little risk. I am using "biosil" , which I found at amazon and iherb. I had to start w/ TWO drops only because of die off . I think it has helped a lot! Read reviews - it also helped with joint and muscle problems and improved my hair.

I really like Biosil liquid , and a small bottle lasts a long time.

You can google: micronized silica chelation ... and find articles.

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Determined
Member # 44813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Determined     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used/am using the protocol in Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment, and it seems, just based on my anecdotal experience, to be on the mark. With the reactions and responses I have to the very small (but constant) dosing of chelators with this protocol, I can't imagine doing a bulk IV chelation treatment. Although using this chelation protocol has not been a panacea, it has at times brought significant breakthroughs and taken me out of bad spots that tackling things from an antibiotic angle weren't helping with. The author of that book recommends against chelators like chlorella because they only form weak bonds with the heavy metals and can "let go of them" before they are out of your system, therefore redistributing the mercury to places that may be worse than to begin with. He recommends against IV chelation because it mobilizes too much mercury at one time, and when the IV is stopped not all leaves your system and a large amount can end up being redistributed, causing major problems. You still have the redistribution issue with his protocol, but since the dosage is very small and constant, versus large and sudden, the ill effects that occur after stopping a round are more tolerable and small enough for your body to deal with. This protocol takes a bit to get your brain around and get the supplements you need and get in a groove with, but it's really nice side benefit is that you can do it at home, and it doesn't require chunks of time taken off to go sit in a doc's office with an IV. Hope this helps. I do recommend that book, keeping in mind it is, I think, about 15 years old at this point. There is a yahoo group as well as other online sources centered around his book that provide additional and updated info, but the basic protocol in the book is still the foundation.
Hope this helps.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a medical professional; info shared for purposes of interest and discussion only, not to cure or prevent disease.

Posts: 12 | From Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

I don't have high mercury any longer but am high in some other metals that EDTA is able to combat. So that does give me some peace of mind anyhow.

The doctor I am using for IV chelation says he has been doing this for years and most of his patients have done very well with it. He is an integrative physician too and has studied Eastern medicine so his approach is gentle normally. I wish I knew...

Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement