LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » trichinosis and breast calcifications - cancer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: trichinosis and breast calcifications - cancer
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so I got a call that I have microcalcifications in my breasts. I did not find much else when I looked this up, so I may be jumping to something here, but decided to post in case anyone here has experienced this or knows anything about it.

I was tx for trichinosis last year.

last week my mammo showed the microcals. (I am getting mor imaging done soon)

I found this aticle :
http://radiopaedia.org/articles/breast-calcifications

and under "Source- underlying cause" is listed trichinosis.

I found this quite interesting to say the least! anyone?????

also worth a note: I once had a tick on my breast also, and a EM rash that lasted months. I was not treated properly at the time- 17 years ago- I wsa pregnant.

I now have a 1" area on my breast with a patch of purple blood vessels in a circle that look like a star burst or a sunburst with a center.

any thoughts on that?

this is so interesting to me at the same time really grossing me out. I am living proof that this ride never ends [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know enough about thstpartucular issue. All i can say is be sure to check it all out. I wish you could talk to catgirl...i dont trust my memory to tell you what the video said but it was shocking. I know you really cant trust the cancer docs to tell u the truth. They might not give you bad info on purpose but they have been trained well to line the pockets of those who have way more than us

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I recall reading that hypomagnesemia may cause various calcifications. If so, and if in the way you are affect, correction of magnesium balance (with other minerals) may reverse this situation.

I see "calcification" more as a sign of some kind of imbalance. Various minerals may be involved, actually. First, read this. It should help set your mind at ease and direct you to something that could reverse the situation for you.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-and-calcification

Magnesium and Calcification

-by Dr Sircus - December 8, 2009

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - LINKS sets
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely up the magnesium while getting everything checked out.

Taking Vitamin K2 may also help. It helps keep calcium from depositing in veins and other places in the body where it is not needed.

Hope you are OK!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, to clarify, they were microcalcifications. not macro. so this is different and could be from cancer cell die-off, but also can be from other things.

but probably not from any kinds of supplement or lack of, so I have read.

I guess I'll wait n see what new images turn up. it may be nothing.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Micro / macro . . . magnesium is still important to consider anytime there is any kind of calcification going on out of balance in tissue. As for other influences, this person is tops in the field of naturopathic women's health. I hope you can explore her work.

http://drtorihudson.com/

Tori Hudson, ND

Program Director of Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine, Professor, etc.

See links for articles, resources (books, other sites, scroll all the way down)

Also search the archives at "Townsend Letter"
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

keebler, I read some of the site you posted, but i don't see anything pertaining to what I am refering to. ?

anyway, I went for diagnostic mammo and ultrasound today and they found stuff so I see breast surgeon tomorrow. I willknow more then

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll keep you in prayer, Lisa! And don't forget that magnesium. You'll need it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went through the abnormal mammos a few months ago. If I had to do over, I believe I would have done differently.

I researched and also found it had nothing to do with calcium. Following mammograms, both for screening and diagnostics, I met with the surgeon.

She sent me for a MRI of both breasts and biopsies were scheduled for the following week.

During the week between the MRI and biopsies, I did more research. MRIs are really accurate. Something like less than four percent chance of missing cancer.

I didn't get the report until the day after the biopsies. [rant] As I was prepped for the biopsies, the surgeon finally was off the phone and I asked if she had gotten the report.

She said no but it was at her office and she was waiting on it. I should have left then as supposedly this was going to determine how the biopsies would be done.

I went through the biopsies of both breasts (multiple sites) and was taken home. The next day the report came in the mail.

BENIGN! I believe I would have skipped having the biopsies. I was told to call in two days to get the results. To make a long story short, it took eight days to get the results despite multiple calls yet they called my house and my husband's cell multiple times to set up more appts.. No one that called knew the results.

I even got a certified letter from the surgeon to make another appt.. I never went back. I just recently declined to have another mammo and don't know if I'll ever have another one.

All of the radiation will GIVE me cancer.
Good luck Lisa. I hope you have a better experience than I did.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

pocono, sorry you had such an experience!

what kind of place was this?

do you mind telling what was biopsied? tumors? cysts? microcalcifications?

do you have dense breasts?

My main question here is about parasitical invasion causing cancer. I was dx and treated for trichonosis and I read in a (very ) few spots that Trichinella spiralis can

infest areas of muscle and cause cancer.

my microcalc are deep in the breast against the pec muscles. I think this is what they are concerned about.

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a breast care center. The microcalcification areas were biopsied. No tumors or cysts with microcalcifications.

Yes on the dense breasts.

I don't know about the parasite question sorry.
I had so many areas of microcalcs. the radiologist was the one to determine which areas were of the most concern.

The surgeon said in order to check each area, I'd have to have the breasts removed.

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

that sounds just crazy, and nothing like I have been reading 'should' have happened.

sorry again.

I hope this dr today knows something. I am just not in the mood for any of this.

I have a feeling she will be picky about what she does becasue I initially got screened thru a program giving free mammos for the month

and it turns out that if you have no insurance all additional tests are free and so is the biopsy!

so, I don't think she will do a biopsy for free often and will make sure I really need one.

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Thanks Lisa. I'm happy it's behind me. Hopefully she'll send you for a MRI.

I hope you're not seeing the same doctor. I saw her way back and liked her but she changed. I now see her on TV. That, to me, isn't good if you have to advertise.

I don't know about the free stuff but I would venture to guess someone is paying. Government maybe? Just watch and listen. Don't rush into anything. Get copies of everything. Again. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

she only does free for very low percent. she has practice with most famous / best top breast surgeon in the area, so I don't think she hurting for business, but I am pretty sure they only do MRI if things couldn't be found in mammo or ultrasound

she is doing pro bono. no government ! yay.

GOd bless her.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

pocono your PM box is full. can you make room?

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

God bless her is right. I was just thinking maybe a MRI would avoid biopsy.

I made room in my PM box. Sorry

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Lisa - I tried to answer your PM but your box is full.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

ok, emtying it now, thanks

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

so here is what I now know. they don't think it's from any parasites.

but what do drs know anyway.

it's a 10mm "clump" of microcalcs and was labelled "most concerning" by radiologist because of the size.

It is very deep and if they cna't get it with a steriotactic biopsy then they will have to do it in the OR. and that means a longer wait, so I sure hope she can do it! it sounded like she will be digging in there to reach it

and it's making me cringe.

it is considered "suspicious" if there is no cancer found so that means it will be watched for ever I guess? bleh.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Pocono Lyme:

I don't know about the free stuff but I would venture to guess someone is paying. Government maybe? Just watch and listen. Don't rush into anything. Get copies of everything. Again. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

-
Exactly. And oncologists receive BIG BUCKS for the cancer drugs.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

it's pro bono.

it is a special charity this specific dr ONLY developed in our community.

she is doing this partnered with her affliate to help people that wouldn't get a mammo or exam otherwise- like me! [Smile]

all the people in her office made sure I knew that it is all her and no one else and she is doing it totally for free.

they said at any time I can take my records elsewhere. they just want to help people.

some people are nice. just nice. in this specific case no one is getting rich from me. and they were certain to tell me no outside funds are coming in for it.

If I need treatment then I will decide what to do. that's another story.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to know!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement