LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Guaranteed lyme cure?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guaranteed lyme cure?
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here are 2 videos narrating Australia's Lyme plight & it is very good and you should watch both.

In part two (the second video) they describe hyperthermia in Germany & heat the body to 41.7ºC = 107.06ºF and they say it is the ONLY GUARANTEED CURE FOR LYME.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/25588947/australians-flock-to-overseas-lyme-disease-treatment/

Has anyone tried this & if so what temp did they raise your body to? Did you experience a herx? When I get my temp to 102+ in the tub I am out of it & I cannot imagine 107+.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My computer is too old to run the videos but in the article,

Maddie certainly knows what she's talking about, has been put through the wringer in Australia and she is better after the treatment in Germany. That's certainly good to see, and hopeful for others.

I have a hard time with the "cure" claim but don't want to cut out just yet.

There have been a few who found this of help (as done there in Germany, not from other places such as Atlanta or Italy, though), others who did not.

There has been discussion in previous threads about this so you may want to search the archives. I considered it many years ago when I thought I might have had just enough money then to go to Italy for the treatment (which, later I found out, was not quite "there" yet).

It's not as simple as it sounds and, basically,

there is no high temperature that can kill spirochetes / all form of borrelia that does not put a human body at risk. Still, Maddie got better and there may be some "tricks" to how this do this there.

Even getting to 102 in a bathtub can be very dangerous for those with neurolyme. Be careful. Damage - permanent damage - can happen even from a too hot bath.

if you do want to explore more closely, go right to the source and learn about the exact way they do exactly what there. Pulling out those links from the article:

The treatment at the St George Clinic the Bavarian Alps, which has become popular with Australian patients, is called hyperthermia. For more information about the St George Clinic in Germany:

http://www.cancerclinicstgeorg.com/en/
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If you really want to go to Germany for treatment, I would first consider this:

http://lymebook.com/bionic-880-photon-woitzel-germany-pe1

BioPhoton Treatment in Germany

from book: Insights in Lyme Disease Treatment, by Connie Strasheim

Chapter 6 Bionic / Photon Therapy for Lyme Disease
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Previous hyperthermia accounts only get the body as high as 105, this treatment goes to 107+.

I have heard of reports that 108 for 20 min kill in vitro, but I could never get absolute confirmation of this.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Thanks for highlighting that point. I missed it. As you explore it, if you find other key differences - or ways they support the body through this - I hope you will post those, too.

It's always exciting to see someone get better, isn't it? I just know there have got to be some serious support methods that would need to go along with this.

I'd also want to follow those for whom it worked. Over time, for those who got better with the hyperthermia for lyme in Atlanta or Italy, well, it just did not hold up over time. Sigh!

There were also some issues of diabetes / insulin involved in the treatments used in other locations.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Yolanda Foster try the hyperthermia and it didn't work?

Now she is on to stem cell treatment.

I would also go for the photon treatment first.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Lets not forget the co-infections & tertiary infections. If at least we are able to kill those via hyperthermia, then it can shift the balance toward the immune system.

GUARANTEED LYME CURE is a bold statement from a Doctor & I don't think he would say that to put his business & license in jeopardy?

This doctor has more than 80,000 hyperthermia procedures without any complications.

I can't find anything on Yoland, if you have a link please share.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Yolanda Foster
-

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proteins denature at high temperatures. That's why fevers can be dangerous. If your enzymes denature (change shape and pull apart) many enzyme-dependent pathways will shut down. This can be fatal.

Yes, raising body temp activates parts of the immune system and can kill some pathogens directly. But a side effect of high internal temps (over 104 is very high for adults) can be death.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Yes, that is exactly who I searched for (only misspelled it above). Nadda.

No big revelations in our threads either.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi

I hear ya, it CAN be dangerous.

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still interesting though. Used in cancer to enhance effectiveness of other treatments.

Improved technology has probably made this safer than previously. But I would still prefer my own control of body temp, through bath, sauna, infrared, etc.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like following Yolanda Fosters facebook page with her treatments....wish we could all just to go to Korea and do stem cell therapy.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
As long as that would be only South Korea (not North - lovely people but the mechanisms of the power structure don't always allow for the return ticket)!

Stem cell therapy as received by some in India has been very promising, too, at least up front. I've not following it over time.
-

[ 11-23-2014, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Knight33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knight33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

I went to the St George Clinic in Germany back in 2012. My lyme doctor, a top llmd, recommended it after about a year or so of not responding to antibiotics/herbs.

It made me MUCH MUCH worse, particularly my cognitive problems (memory, processing, concentration etc) . I'm not sure if it killed the lyme and therefore the bartonella (which I also have) came to surface or if it drove the lyme/bartonella further into the brain.

I actually don't think it killed off either of the lyme/bart as I saw an ART trained doctor when I got back and through energetic testing said I still have both infections.

I also do not think the cognitive issues are from the heat, as they have ways of making sure the brain does not overheat and get damaged. (as someone mentioned my body temperature went up to over 107 degrees. I do remember the exact number... I would have to go look it up)

They told me at the clinic it was the toxins that were released from killing the bugs and recommend a heavy detox protocol, which also did not help.

I'm sure hyperthermia works for some. I even talked with someone who was "cured" from it. But I don't think enough is known about it yet for lyme disease.

It took about 1 year after the hyperthermia to get my brain back to where it was before heading to Germany. I'm actually still dealing with other issues it caused that have not gone away. Though, I am hopeful I'll eventually get rid of them.

Basically, I do not recommend it. There are other, safer, options.

Posts: 121 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knight33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knight33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I just want to add... lyme disease is much more complex than just killing bugs...
Posts: 121 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Knight,

Thanks so very much for your replies. Sorry for your experience with that, still, your sharing will help others very much, I think, avoid the possibility of a similar situation.

Good luck with whatever approach you are doing right now.
-

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr H (the famous one), also told me hyperthermia was the only way to "guarantee" they were killed.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Knight33 - thank you for your post. I'm sorry your results were so devastating. I think some of those therapies are dangerous for individuals who have high pathogen loads. And your point about Lyme disease being more than pathogens is spot on.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but I want to ask, have you treated for Babesia? My cognitive issues relate directly to my Babesia load. It is still a woefully misunderstood infection, and does terrible cognitive damage.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Knight33, thanks for the response.

Did you herx though, as you normally would with ABX or herbals? Did you feel dizzy & did your heart race because of the heat?

And how much did the whole package cost to go down there & get treated?

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
One concern is that spirochetes HATE heat so they burrow more deeply, even into the bone & go into their protective cyst form. I would question whether such hyperthermia could really reach that deep, the cystic form, every possible place in the body it could be hiding out?
-

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I agree with you Keebler. The spiros sense the heat & are ushered into the heart & brain more readily when heat is used. The human body does not allow those organs to get hotter than the rest of the body & those organs takes evasive actions against this.
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, and I just want to add... lyme disease is much more complex than just killing bugs..."

Yes, I totally agree 100%.

There's no test to prove Lyme is actually gone. No one can make a guarantee of a cure. Maybe some improve and some don't, that's a more realistic statement.

I'm glad we heard from someone who went through this

Good lord! It just doesn't seem good to heat the body to 107 degrees.

What about good bacteria??? Won't that die too at 107 degrees.

I think I'd die if my body went above 102 degrees.

I'm so heat intolerant and would just pass out, then my body would shut down..

I remember reading about mycoplasma and the doc famous for that said there is a doxycycline dosage that would kill mycoplasma, but it would also kill the patient.

This heating sounds like a very dangerous option to me until we know more, especially for Lyme. No thanks.

I'd rather focus on strengthening the body then killing everything it.

"This doctor has more than 80,000 hyperthermia procedures without any complications."

Source??? Sounds like Knight 33 had a complication, maybe it was with a different doctor.

I'd still be cautious. Not ALL complications are reported.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement