LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » why is my tinnitus worse at night?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why is my tinnitus worse at night?
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tinnitus. alwyas gets louder around 8pm. why is that?

because I am tired?

[Frown]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can be caused by eating foods high in histamine. What did you eat?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chicken. potato. pumpkin. eggs. pickles.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
The vinegar in pickles, would be my bet. Vinegar can trigger a histamine reaction. Sure does for me.

Also caused by adrenal exhaustion . . . by the end of the day our bodies can be wired even if tired.

You may be getting caffeine or other stimulants - and many food additives, even added flavors can be too excitatory.

Try to rest during the day if you sense it getting louder. MAGNESIUM, in divided doses about every 8 hours helps, too.

Also, at night when we really need to settle down, it's more noticeable. Soft, gentle music (no lyrics, no beat . . . ambient music that just drifts) can help as you drift into dreamland.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the pickles.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

ok thanks a bunch.

I had green tea ealier too.

and pickles twice today.

--------------------

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EMFs.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
adding to Catgirl's important consideration:

You don't sleep with a computer or cell phone in your room - or even a TV plugged in, I hope. If so, put the cell phone as far from you in another room . . . unplug any TV or computer. Very important.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine gets louder at night, when things get quieter and especially when I lay down. I have noticed whenever I lay down, no matter what time, it tends to be worse.

It also gets worst with certain abx & herbs, and again it becomes more apparent when laying down.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

keebler, I always love all your info, but sometimes it is just too much for me to handle. I appreciate it, but cannot read all that on the link. I see that and it might as well be Chinese.

[Frown]

this is why I almost always post a new topic. when I search sometimes there is just too much to read through and it would take me a week jsut to get to the issue that applies to my circumstance.

I need simple answers most of the time. sometimes I can read and process more than basics, but sometimes no.

and I do find my tinitus is worse when I can't read. like my head is just crazy in there and over excited.

--------------------

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is just part of tinnitus, period.

Recently saw an internview with several rockstars who have tinnitus due to damage from years of loud music.

All say tinnitus is worse at night and with stress, etc.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I deffinitely notice it get louder when things are running, like the stove exauhst fan, the shower fan, the vacuum.....

I can feel better when I do unplug things so I will try and remember to do that, but at bed I don't have trouble falling asleep form it, it is more like right now sitting here on the computer that it is louder. I know that has somehting to do with it. comupter, I mean.

but can't get away form that!

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lisa,

A computer is terrible for many with tinnitus, unless one of the newer Apples. (how I wish)

The fans, no matter how seeming quiet they are supposed to be can just make someone with tinnitus miserable. I know. So limiting time really matters.

When you find information that you want to read, try to print it out and read it from paper.

If there is a way to put the main part of computer (if separate from screen) as far away from you as possible, that might help.

Putting the computer on something solid, like a dense yoga block -- not something that will transfer vibration.

Put your feet onto something dense, too. I can feel the computer's vibration through my fee and it makes me very ill. So, I have a solid foot stool

Still, about 10 minutes at a time is as long as I can stand the vibration - and at night, the vibration effects seem to linger so it's best not to use computer for an hour or two prior to bed time. The light, too, can irritate all our sensory stuff.

Part 2:

you say that you have trouble reading links and that you "need simple answers most of the time. sometimes I can read and process more than basics, but sometimes no."

Just take it bit by bit, day by day. There are no simple answers and there is a great deal to sort through.

It would be no different if all the information were to be recreated for each question. There are still many things to consider and really impossible to put it in a short answer.

And, it can be different for everyone. For some, the sound of fan can do it, but not for others.

When you have some time / energy, I hope you can look at some of the material in the links set as the do cover many things that may not land here.

It can take a while to figure it out, though, so just do what you can to protect your ears while you gain a fuller understanding of all the many & varied factors that can be involved.
-

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if I've cleaned house and run appliances like washers and all it's worse at night.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
We are also more tired at night, adrenal hormones are more taxed, our nervous tissue has more wear and tear. Our livers are harder at work, too. And the liver very much affects tinnitus.

Rest when you sense tinnitus is too high. Quiet, dark . . . and remember adrenal support. And nerve support with fish oil, medical mushrooms, greens, greens, greens.
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

protecting ears would help? I didn't think it was actually hearing related.

and randibear, yes, when I do a lot in a day it is even worse at night, like right now on this laptop and husband is here watching the football game... it is like aliens doing something to my brain via my ears or like you say keebler, vibrations.

it is really loud in the car sometimes too.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lisa,

It is very much about protecting your ears. Tinnitus is the first - and last - sign of damage from sound or ototoxic or toxic levels in our body.

Even going to a movie can damage ears, big time. No joke. I cannot even imagine being in the same room as a TV with a football game. They are too loud for most ears, truly. Best to not be in the room during such games.

The audience participation noise and commercials are so up and down it's also doing a really bad number on your adrenals, and putting out more stress hormones that can irritate the ears.

So are the busy and explosive visuals.

Back to how tinnitus is often a result of sound / noise exposure.

But, often, that damage may not show itself until the body is under attack in other ways. Could be from some concerts years ago - or the buzzer / screaming at ball games, etc. Or even a blender, lawn mower, etc.

There are other reasons / causes of tinnitus and sometimes it can be temporary. But there is never a guarantee that it won't become permanent so we have to do all we can to help prevent that, as best we can.

Avoiding in the ear pods, even some headphones.

Wear ear plugs / dB rated muffs when around a vacuum, blender, lawn tools, etc.

Ear plugs when using a hair dryer, even then keep it on low. Ear plugs cannot protect adequately as sound travels through our noses, too - and bone.

Learn about ototoxic drugs.

While tinnitus can be due to various cranial nerves and also brain function / dysfunction from lyme & adrenal dysfunction, too . . . the ears are very much involved. Protection is essential.

The inner / middle ear system (vestibular) is the first body system attacked / put in harm's way with any kind of toxins in the body, when the liver is under stress.

Infections are major trouble for the ears. And, often the medicines can be hard, too.

Add to that the fact that many Rx and OTC products can cause the ears to be more easily damaged by sound. Typically, 90 seconds at 85 dB can damage hearing. But, during a toxic infection such as lyme . . . and when taking drugs / OTC that may be ototoxic, the ears can be damaged at lower dB levels for shorter times.

I know you say you didn't spend much time in the Tinnitus thread because it can be so overwhelming. Believe me, I know. But I know I cannot put all you need to know here. I just can't. I don't know who else would.

And then, it would be a very long thread with lots to read, anyway.

Please go back to the Tinnitus thread and read it when you can. there is so much there that is absolutely vital to ear / hearing / vestibular safety.

Just take it bit by bit. Have someone help you with it, print out certain posts, etc. or READ TO YOU.

Take care of your liver. Take care of your ears. Take care of yourself. When the tinnitus gets louder, it's time to get quiet in a dark room - for a start.
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

[I cannot even imagine being in the same room as a TV with a football game. They are too loud for most ears, truly. Best to not be in the room during such games.

The audience participation noise and commercials are so up and down it's also doing a really bad number on your adrenals, and putting out more stress hormones that can irritate the ears. ] end quote

yes, keebler, i had to leave the room! it was driving me mad!!!

I used ot be a hairdresser. lots of blow drying. :/

I will check out the thread keebler, thanks. like you say- over time. I am still catching up from things when I first found this place last year! I was so unable until a couple months ago just to read things and process.

like a little baby I am. so annoying.

my brain still wants to move fast but it can't with reading. an unseen handicap.

no one is gonna read to me, haha. no one cares about me , I must say. everyone too busy and all that. do you hear the violins playing? haha

I could print, but I am so stingy with my paper and ink, but you are right, it is important to get info so I may print and read slowly and hi-light, and read again and one day I will get little aha moments. this is what I am reduced to.

my llmd said after tx (which I just ended) he testing me fo rheavy metals. is there anything else that there could be a test for to find the culprit?

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
IMO, it's 50 - 90% behavior that contributes to tinnitus.

Yes, Heavy metals can certain contribute and should be evaluated but once you can see the detail in the Tinnitus thread, a lot of light bulbs are going to be turning on for you.

Sadly, with your history of prolonged & severe noise exposure (sure, a bunch of salon hairdryers are not as loud as road machinery but even one can cause hearing loss over time), your ears are more at risk.

Damage can happen at 85 dB (decibels) in just 90 seconds. One typical in home hair dryer is 100 dB.

And most on the market that say they are quiet, are not. I found only 3 when I needed new one last year. Each one costs about $100. So your current personal hair dryer is the first thing to consider.

It's much more important to take all the steps now to protect your ears as much as you can. Lyme usually involves tinnitus. For various reasons. Be sure to consider each one.

Just as important as assessing heavy metal involvement, though - with your history of noise exposure - to have a good hearing test conducted. This can tell you more as to if there is some nerve damage in the ears (that is connected with your tinnitus).

The Tinnitus thread has many points to consider.

A good LLMD should know the best places to test for heavy metals. Doctors Data Lab is a good one, for starters with a DMSA 24-hour urine challenge.
-

[ 12-05-2014, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

LisaK
Member # 41384

well it is just getting to the point where I wanna rip my head off.

even driving now makes it louder.

I feel so congested, but not really sick.. I am wondering if I AM sick or something, or just the congestion is making it worse??

I have allergies, but this has never happened to me before that I remember.

I mean to have this much congestion and not really have any other cold or flu sx is just strange, isn't it? I do have a tooth ache for about a week that is odd too.

--------------------

jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisak,

Clear your PM box, cant reply to your message.

I posted on the main forum for you to clear it, guessing you didn't see it.

J

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested to see if homeopathic Asaram

europaeum 6c would be helpful for acoustic hyper-

sensitivity. http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Asar

I am, by profession, a classical homeopath. I have

not had any Lyme cases come through my door

though. But, this is the remedy I would choose

for acoustic hypersensitivity (which is different

from tinnitus)(having said that, Asarum can also

help with noises in the ear). At any rate, my

comment is for educational purposes only. See

your qualified health practitioner.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I have cleared my PMs.

I will look into asaram , lookup, thanks.

phantuck, I was checked for tumors a few years ago because I had extreme pulsitile tinnitus, or bruits?? this was after a long slow (and not full) recovery of a bad ear infection.

I have had 3-4 MRIs of my head /brain in the last several years. wouldn't it have shown up there?

my question for MRIs is- do they look at the entire study? or do they only look in ht eparts of the brain where the sx you tell them would dwell?

I mean, how do you know the radiologist is reading the images fully and not missing a speck?

sometimes I have fantasies that I don't even have lyme. that I have some other crazy thing that could have similar sx- like hodgkins or something else.

yesterday I took an advil. had to go out and buy it because I odn't take much meds, and this seemed to actually help the ringing. it got very lessoned and headache got a little better.

so I was thinking maybe it's caused by swelling.? a sx checker had Giant-cell arteritis on the list. and so I thought if the advil reduced swelling in the vessels this would make sense?

I am reaching here. I have no idea. my sx also turned up lyme, and Vit B12 deficiency , an=mong others things.

I have so much pressure in my face too.

--------------------

Sonatina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonatina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An overlooked, possible cause of tinnitus is overgrowth of Malassezia yeast which can be present in the ear (internal or external). It is a very common yeast. Malassezia is melanin seeking, and melanin is involved in some way in hearing/ears.

Abx which enter the ear tissue can stimulate the overgrowth of this yeast if it is present. Abx which penetrate ear tissue well, are lipophilic (e.g. minocycline) and those w/ high tissue penetration+long half-lives (macrolides) MAY be among the more likely to cause overgrowth in the ears.

Malassezia symptoms tend to get worse at night. The reason isn't clear but my guess is that it is related either to absence of sunlight or not eating during sleep, or both.... causing it to get aggravated and release acids 'n stuff to stimulate the release of lipids (food source).

So that's one thought... may or may not be relevant to your situation. I would think there could be many different causes of tinnitus.

Read my other posts for more info. on Malassezia.

--------------------
Please consult your physician before making any changes to your diet, medications, or supplements. I am not a healthcare professional and nothing I write should be construed as medical advice.

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

sonatina, thanks, this is interesting, especially since it just sprung up way worse after I was all done my lyme and other tx !

and my ears have felt so funky lately too. and I have had extra giant congestion in my now and head/sinus with no explaination since stopping my last tx!

maybe after some of the other stuff was cleared out this brought on new sx from lingering whatevers that haave no other place to hide?

my llmd is on vacation all week. ugh. gotta wait til the 22 now to get more testing or whatever from him.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
It is usually not safe and not advised to put more than one drop of anything into one's ear. Because, there can be some "breakage" (I can't find the right term) in the ear drum membrane. You do not want anything seeping into the inner ear.

If a doctor does a water irrigation, they will look first to determine the integrity of the ear drum membrane to be sure there are no holes and that it will be a moisture barrier as it should be.

Hydrogen peroxide can be very irritating to tender tissue, even if the ear drum is intact. It's caustic. There are much more gentle ways that cover the antifungal and antimicrobial bases.

I did not know this once and really caused some pain (for hours afterward) & strong irritation to my ears, using a hydrogen peroxide packaged ear flush. Just because it's sold as such does not mean it's a good idea.

Herb Pharm makes an excellent ear drop. And, yes, one drop in the ear - or a couple drops on a loosely placed cotton ball - can help.

One drop of a good medicinal oil can spread and will stick around to do its work for quite a while. More is not better.

Unless - there is a bug in the ear. Then, more olive oil MIGHT be needed(or a very pure oil on hand, no petroleum oils) can serve to coax the bug to emerge. Good to have a good ear formula on hand in all emergency kits, though.

If there has been an insect in the ear, it's important to have an ear specialist see you as soon as possible afterward to check for any damage to the ear drum - or left body parts (of the insect, that is!)

Overall with anything into the ear - it's Better to use a formula that is "official" that is blended with the ear in mind by a top herbalist who really know what they are doing with the ingredients - and the source of those. There are a few other companies that make a good ear drop but Herb Pharm is one I know to be of top quality.

In a glass jar, that matters, too. Avoid (where possible) any ear or eye drop that is in plastic.
-

[ 12-11-2014, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
sonatina,

please know my note was nothing personal. often, I'm just too tired to phrase all the cordialities before posting a different take on something. task oriented, just get the thought written out.

I also often just don't post HOW I figured some of this out first - I've tumbled down many paths doing some of these things - or through others who taught me how to correct such mishaps & avoid others.
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

lookup, I think I just got what you are saying. o boy, my brain is so slow and buffered by all this lyme stuff!

so yes, I have recentlynoticed that SOME of my noise in ears is better when I block my ears. then sometimes the ringing/buzzing can become minimal, but always.

so is that what you mean lookup? that I am actually hearing more than the average person? I notice it does seem that way.

on the other hand there are times when it is more than that.

Sonita, my new dr told me that if I put some tiny bit of Epsom salt with tiny water in my ear it will clear it up. would this kill off Malassezia yeast??

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

BTW, the ringing is not only worse just at night any more that I notice.

it has gotten much better overall but still kind of bad and makes me nuts at times. and If I pay attention to it , it does get louder. so maybe at night when I am tired I think about it more and that makes it worse?

I do notice it increas when I drive my car, especially with the radio on, and while I sit here on my computer.

I also live right near a hospital that has a large range of frequency and this may also be adding to my issue.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
During the day, some people find masking devices help (music, life sounds). But you don't so that means (to me) that your ears are still being damaged or are just too tender and can't take the hit that all vibration really is.

You say it still bothers you during life (in a car, when listening to music, using computer) just not as much at night. That is fairly typical.

Are you off of all ototoxic agent? On good liver / kidney support? Magnesium? Adrenal support. Frequent quiet resting (maybe with soft music) is also important.

Ear plugs when near a hair dryer? Decibel rated muffs if using a blender, vacuum, powered lawn / snow tools?

Even with all the good habits, tinnitus can be a state of nerve damage and can take a long time to reverse, when possible. Most important right now is to be sure the damage is not coming at you from any angle.

How is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iW2GL14VsA

Pink Noise
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Hope you've been able to study Bauman's work. Be sure to get the book, OTOTOXIC DRUGS, 3rd edition. This article, while long, is just a tiny bit of what his book covers:

http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/articles/pdf/TinnitusDrugList2013.pdf

Prescription Medications, Over-the-Counter Drugs, Herbs & Chemicals Associated with Tinnitus

2013 - 30 pages - Compiled by Neil G. Bauman, Ph.D.
-

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About radiologists...they are not all created equal

I had two separate ones read the same bone scan. One was four pages long...the other two paragraphs

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lisa,

I just now see that you wrote earlier today:

" . . . my new dr told me that if I put some tiny bit of Epsom salt with tiny water in my ear it will clear it up. " (end quote)

Please, do NOT do this. This can be very caustic and dangerous, especially if there is any kind of break in the ear drum.

Epsom salt has a hard time dissolving well enough for ear drops and can burn your very tender ear tissue. The concentration of it would need to be very carefully considered and even then, it's never a good idea to put more than 2 drops of anything in one's ear. Ever.

In the Tinnitus thread are several posts of good ear drops - again for one or two drops at most.

Herb Pharm is a top brand for ear drops. There are a few others.

And there may be a brand of liquid magnesium that may be okay but that would require a bit of homework to be sure the formulation has been designed for this very special use.

Please do not just mix Epsom salts in water and put in your ears. I am horrified to hear that any doctor gave this very bad advice for so many reasons.

It's not going to be sterile, the concentration is not precise and this form of magnesium can be caustic.
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

ok, Keebler, I didn't do the salt.

I like the pink noise. thanks for that. I can still hear my noise, but it's nice to have a somewhat blocking device.

[Smile]
and yes, it definitly feels like my ears are very snesative. I am not sure though, if it is my brain or my ears that cannot handle the radio or 'light noise' coming from my chandelier or whatever.

I notce right now though, that with the pink noise playing in the background I have wasy more trouble spelling/thinking here.. uh oh. is that supposed to happen?

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
If it does not work you, don't push it. Keep it just barely where you notice it and then down a little bit from there.

I can't "do" pink noise at all for various reasons. The concentration is one of them. It's very irritating to me. Just thought it might be worth a try.

But, really I don't think computer use is very good for tinnitus so if you could get a pink noise CD, that would be a better source and just try to stay off the computer for maybe a full week.

Sometimes, a computer avoidance will help, Unless you have a silent computer. Most have very irritation vibrations even if not outright noise.
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

I am still listening. I really like it but it's making me want to lie down and nap.

I am trying to get back to work and that means computer time, but I will try and stay away and see....

my computer is cheap and noisy laptop. ugh and the lights above me are always screaming at me too. most lights I can hear and they really bother me

--------------------

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vertigo and tinnititus were my very first symptoms of Lyme disease. Still suffer to this day.

It has taken me 1 year to get through this entire thread.
Everything you need to know is located here.

Just goes to show the excellent knowledge to found in the search function.

Thanks to all who posted to help the rest of us. [Smile]

P.S. Still use jordana's link at night.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/135178?#000001

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't get through all the comments, so sorry if I repeat.

My tinnitus was worst at the very beginning of treatment. I had SUPER sensitive ears to noise. It has gotten better with treatment.

I did notice that some antibiotics made it worse than others.

Also, mine was louder at night also. I just assumed it was because my 4 children had finally gone to bed and things were quiet. [Smile]

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
This thread is years old. Still, for anyone with this issue, it's best to never, ever, sleep near a computer, laptop or even a cell phone in the same room. Best to limit cell phone use - really best to use a land line phone instead.

Try not to even be near a cell phone any longer than is absolutely necessary - and reassess what necessary means.

Be sure not just to turn off computers but also turn off the power strip to TVs, computer modem, wifi, etc. while you sleep.

Why tinnitus seems worse at night, often, is from the overall stress of the day and when ready to settle down the brain / adrenals are overtaxed.

Sometimes, the tinnitus can be worse from bathroom exhaust fans even in a building nearby - or a store a couple blocks away - or even from your own kitchen refrigerator fan.

Gentle music can help but best if it has no real rhythm and no words. Ambient music is the category that has no recognizable patterns so the brain is not too stimulated.

Tinnitus has many causes and many influences. It's often as much about a brain that is overstimulated as nerve fibers in the ears that might be long overdue for a rest.

Best to stop all electronics & artificial light (as much as possible) an hour before wanting to go to sleep - that is ideal to help the melatonin start working in the brain to settle down the brain waves that are too wired.

Also check meds to be sure none are ototoxic. At night, these can ring louder. And be sure magnesium is taken 3 - 4 x day. It can't stay in the body very long so it has to be divided doses.

The tinnitus thread listed above has more detail and explanations.
-

[ 12-20-2017, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler

Your link was worth every hour spent reading.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Unbelievable post !
Thank you.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Well, though it's a bit of a jumble and I wish I could streamline it (but that's too huge a task),

Glad it was worth a good look . . . hope something helps with both explanation and action-plan success.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement