LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » EMF, cell phones - Strasheim - New Article

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EMF, cell phones - Strasheim - New Article
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
From the Townsend Letter - November 2014 - and a very well-respected author who has covered lyme / tick borne disease over the years.

http://www.townsendletter.com/Nov2014/elimelectro1114.html

Eliminate Electromagnetic Pollution to Eliminate Disease

-by Connie Strasheim

Excerpts from the article:

. . . people have been falsely led to believe that Wi-Fi, smart phones, and all the latest and greatest technological gadgets aren't that bad for you. . . .

. . . However, if you take a look at the BioInitiative Report ( www.bioinitiative.org ), a 650-plus page report compiled by a group of scientists and researchers from 10 nations, you'll find plenty of evidence

– over 2000 studies – about the damaging effects of cell phones and other sources of EMR, and the diseases that have been linked to them.

In my 2012 book, Beyond Lyme Disease: Healing the Underlying Causes of Chronic Illness in People with Borrelia and Co-Infections

( www.beyondlymedisease.com ), I also write about the dangers of electromagnetic pollution, and mention the late Dr. Professor Neil Cherry of New Zealand, a foremost pioneer in environmental health.

According to Cherry, "EMR confuses and damages the cells' signaling system, which produces symptoms such as headaches, concentration difficulties, memory loss, dizziness and nausea, and long-term diseases such as Alzheimer's dementia, brain tumors and depression."

Other researchers have confirmed Cherry's findings. . . .

. . . It took me a while to figure out why my body was "buzzing" and vibrating during my sleep – and then I discovered that it was because of the powerful low-frequency electromagnetic fields from the wiring connected to that lamp! . . .

. . . Next, use a landline connection instead of Wi-Fi Internet, and use your cell phone only for emergencies, preferably on speakerphone. Headsets or Bluetooth devices will not protect you from the radiation emitted from cell phones, so I personally would not use these either. . . .

. . . [Full article at link above -- with so much more detail. I may have overstepped the bounds of what's reasonable to repost as excerpts but I wanted to be sure everyone has the chance to see this . . . and, really, there is so much more of great value in the article. I hope you will read it and pass it on.

Townsend Letter is an excellent "salon" of sorts, a collection of detail that so many other media avenues ignore. It's good to keep Townsend Letter in mind when you gather any medical information.]

http://www.conniestrasheim.com/

Author's website
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great link Keebler (explains a lot)! Thank you for posting.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This made me take the one elec thing i have in bedroom out. I replaced my lamp with led lantern i use for elec outages. I just have to figure out how to replace that battery

I moved the air cleaner and dehumidifyer to hall near door but farther from bed than they were.

I mosrly only sleep in the room...i just felt like i needed one place

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonatina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonatina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of these gadgets that emit electromagnetic radiation can potentially stimulate the growth of yeast/fungi, as can many radiology tests involving ionizing radiation, esp. CT scans.

Non-lethal exposure to radiation of any sort is a risk factor for yeast overgrowth. Some yeasts -- more so than most bacteria -- have remarkable abilities to survive it.

If you use a cell phone, keep it away from your head and try not to carry it on your body (e.g. better in a bag than in your pocket).

--------------------
Please consult your physician before making any changes to your diet, medications, or supplements. I am not a healthcare professional and nothing I write should be construed as medical advice.

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everyone is as sensitive to EMR. Those with heavy metal issues tend to be more sensitive, though even that isn't the whole story.

Like everything else with this disease, what works for one, may not work for others.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sonatina:
Many of these gadgets that emit electromagnetic radiation can potentially stimulate the growth of yeast/fungi, as can many radiology tests involving ionizing radiation, esp. CT scans.

Non-lethal exposure to radiation of any sort is a risk factor for yeast overgrowth. Some yeasts -- more so than most bacteria -- have remarkable abilities to survive it.

If you use a cell phone, keep it away from your head and try not to carry it on your body (e.g. better in a bag than in your pocket).

I have heard that as well regarding the yeast/fungi. I think Dr. K some years ago published something on that, but have not been able to get a hold of it.

I am actually in a situation where a reference on this would be extremely helpful in terms of getting help from other non-believers. Any chance you have any references ... remember where you heard it, etc.?

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://products.mercola.com/klinghardt-dvd/

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonatina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonatina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MichaelTampa,
I've read about it in a few scientific articles I originally found on NIH's Pubmed site.

I didn't keep all the references but you can do a search to find them. Here's one (below). This one is specific to melanized fungi and ionizing radiation.

(Melanized fungi refers to fungi that incorporate melanin pigment -- same as what we produce in our skin that makes us "tan" when exposed to the sun -- into their cell wall. This gives them a competitive advantage over non-melanized fungi which are less able to survive radiation exposure, and possibly additional energy to use for growth).

"Melanized fungal cells manifested increased growth relative to non-melanized cells after exposure to ionizing radiation..."
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0000457

Side note: interestingly, certain drugs that cause photosensitivity do so by inhibiting or binding to melanin. One example is doxycycline. This raises the questions of whether doxy can inhibit the growth of melanized organisms, even those that are not bacteria. --e.g. certain fungi.

--------------------
Please consult your physician before making any changes to your diet, medications, or supplements. I am not a healthcare professional and nothing I write should be construed as medical advice.

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement