LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » started chlorella - feel terrible

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: started chlorella - feel terrible
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had negative effects from chlorella?

I started it at very low doses a few days ago. Yesterday, didn't feel so hot. Today - feel awful - like I have the flu (but no fever). Laying in bed, headache, weird light sensitivity and brain stuff, achey, etc.

Wondering if it could be the chlorella? That's the only change in my protocol so either it's that or I've come down with something.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hard to say, but it took me months to get used to chlorella. Even today, i do feel the effects about an hour after taking it.

It is a marvelous plant, one that I can't live without. But the dosage is difficult to define. Dr. K. says usually when you feel bad after taking chlorella, take more. Meaning, much more chlorella.

The problem is that some people get a sort of allergy with it. I knew a lady that got a strong diarrhea, like she ate something rotten, and that happened twice, it sent her to emergency. For sure, she can't take chlorella.

I always feel a bit high with it for a few minutes, I do believe that while it binds, it stirs toxins too.

It takes a bit of time for the whole binding effect to take place. That is why, in my case, the 'more the better' rule works. If you don't take enough, toxins just get stirred and you feel worse than better.

After taking amalgams off, I had so much tummy and digestion problems, that I had to take literally a hundred pills at once. Once I did that, all digestive symptoms disappeared and I felt so energetic. It was fast (in less than 2 hours!!).

Now I'm fighing candida and I get tired during herxes. Chlorella cleans my herxes quite well. No fatigue, clear mind, energetic.

I swear by chlorella and I have been using it for about a decade. But even now, I do feel a tiny effect (like my head gets lighter, or I feel a bit dizzy) about 30 min -60min after intake. then it is gone, and I just feel the benefits (more energy, fog disappears).

I don't know what to recommend you, as I was tested energetically to define the amount I needed. And then I learned how to sef-test, and so far, it always worked wonderful.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for all this info. I don't know if I have the guts to take more! I am thinking, from what you said, that it probably stirred some stuff up for me.

What you said about feeling high or light-headed/dizzy - yes I can relate to that. Weird and a little scary!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same reaction when I first started taking chlorella. I agree with Brussels that taking more makes you feel better. I also stepped up detox by taking Epsom salt baths and getting plenty of water

I got so used to chlorella that I ended up being able to take handfuls at a time and feel no negative side effects. You just have to get used to it.

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

So I think I did come down with a virus. But I'm still thinking that chlorella may have added to the burden, because I had a lot of weird neuro stuff that wouldn't usually go with an upper respiratory infection.

LLMD thinks it's all due to an illness and not due to chlorella at all, and I'm supposed to resume it. Still scared to go back on it though...

Plus I'm even more skeptical now that I've been reading more about it. Among other things, the brand I bought is from Japan - problems with radioactivity?

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said, it took me months to get used to chlorella, and I was terribly afraid of it because of strange symptoms when I took it in low amounts.

Only after the naturopath made me take more than a hundred pills AT ONCE, and I felt better, that I started not having fear of chlorella anymore.

I had to take it in front of her. I not only survived but got SO MUCH better in a matter of minutes (in two hours, most of my pains, digestive problems, fatigue, were GONE!!!).

That was like magic. But NEVER EVER I would have taken that amount by myself, simply because I feared chlorella due to previous strange experiences, as you are relating.

for sure, a clean source of chlorella is paramount, as it is a plant that cleans the water and the environment.

So far, after about a decade, I never found anything that came close to chlorella. I can ingest LOADS of sea weed, loads of supplements,alphalipoic acid, different types of magnesium, enzymes, homeopathy, clays, zeolites, charcoal, diatomaceous earth, rechtsregulat, phospholipids, zinc, whatever.

Nothing is comparable or a substitute for chlorella, in my experience.

What is wonderful with it, it is that it nourishes and cleans simultaneously, I think. If your body can take it, and you take it in the right amount, really, it's like a magic wand. You just get better without many side effects (my side effects is just high head feeling, that lasts only a few minutes).

Have you ever taken aminoacids? Sometimes, I feel something similar to when I take aminoacids, more energy, more clearness. But chlorella still does more than the best aminoacids you can find in the market.

Dr. K. says that babies and small kids that grow on chlorella (specially vulgaris) will not have teeth problems. Somehow, the whole bone formation is helped by chlorella, due to its growth factor.

He put his wife to a chlorella diet during pregnancy, and during the first months of life (though breast milk).

My daughter also grew with chlorella, but not from such early age. Had I known about it, I would have taken it since I knew I was pregnant.

She has no teeth problems, like many of her classmates. Her teeth grow straight, they fall on time, and never got any cavity so far (she is 11 now).

But as I said above, I heard of many people who can't take chlorella, for a reason or another. It's a pity though, as I don't know what I would have taken in its place as a substitute.

the best is to be followed by someone who knows how to test energetically for chlorella. Most dr. K's followers know how to do that. Once you are able to take high amounts of it at once, you can do everything on your own. It's just the first steps that need some orientation and support, I find.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a terrible time the first time I tried Chlorella. To the point that I felt I was better off without it.

Fast forward many years later and I tried a different brand. Not the same trouble any more. So was it the timing and where I was in my health or was it that some brands don't work as well for us?

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Thanks for the info tdtid. I know that chlorella vulgaris is easier to digest than pyrenoidosa.

I first only took vulgaris. The experience I relate above with hundreds of pills, were also vulgaris.

And of course, the source must be clean, because chlorella is a like a sponge that cleans the water.

I think, like with EVERYTHING, timing, brand and species of chlorella all matter.

But quantity, more than everything, is essential too, in case of chlorella.

I guess, the least toxic you are, the less you react to it?

Having been on chlorella for about a decade, I know I do not need it every day anymore.

From times to times, I decide not to take chlorella anymore for a couple of months, just because I'm lazy to buy it again. But I always ended up buying it again.

The feeling of cleaning and nourishing my brain, taking gastritis away for good (that is THE ONLY thing that works for gastritis!) is enough for me to stay with chlorella.

If I don't take chlorella for months, I feel slowly some fog coming back (not strong though), and my gastritis definitively will show up again. Stomach gets acid.

Chlorella really helps my good gut bacteria in a way. It is prebiotic, right?

The rule of thumb with dr K's practioners is: your stools must be ALWAYS green during lyme treatment (no kidding!). That is how much they recommend!! If the stools aren't green, or are just sometimes green, you aren't taking enough.

Of course, they test if the patient can digest it or not.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement