LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » any idea on this stomach pain...im afraid i may end up in er

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any idea on this stomach pain...im afraid i may end up in er
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have severe reflux txed with omeprazole for many years but thishas sttled way lower in stomach

I also have history of using ibuprofen ffor 30 yrs...i have cut way down and recently have not used it evetyday...but i know 30 yrs is a long time and my belly is compromused

Im back on buhner tea to tx lyme and cos for a week and that seems to be going well

I have been.out of probiotics for awhile but just got some...drove in ice for them.cuz i dont want to.go to er

This pain has been with me about six hrs now

First i took an.extra omep...then tums...then a swig of liqued antacid...but i kept getting worse

Then i had some crackets and milk because that is what docs say to do(i think its crazy...but in the past it has worked)

Not this time tho

Half an hour ago i took double dose probiotic. They are fromdrug store. I dont know brand. By lable they looked like the best there. But they dont seem to be halping

Als i have been trying to stand and walk as much as possible or sit upright....at one point it seemed to help but not now

Thats for reflux anyway...not stimach so much

This pain.is scarey...im.fraid im.finally bleeding in there

Almost all my er trips are not that serious and i feel like a fool

Im gonna take more probiotics soon...

Vet always had me keep dogs fasting and give probiotics. So maybe i should fast. But with ulcer sx the fasting can make it worse

Anyway...let me know your ideas...if i am bleeding in there i knowits life thretening and comes with no warning. I really shouldnt have eaten that cake two nites ago

Thanks

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, oh! Does NOT sound good! You had better go, if it persists. As you know though, probably better not to use the "L" word, sadly.

You will probably have to follow it up with finding a good GI doc and getting in promptly to do a work-up to see what is happening there.

Unfortunately, acid-blockers are NOT a good plan, except in an emergency. The same goes for anti-inflammatories, which you know. Sometimes we are "between a rock and a hard place." In fact more often than not----again sadly.

Good luck at the ER. Can someone go with you for support?

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for reply

I just had endoscopy that dx barretts esophagus but stomach and sm intestine were good

I have been trying to get off omep since i started but cant cuz until now couldnt get off ibu

I took two more probiotics and nothing happened-still hurt-so t had crackers and milk and right away feel better

Last time i was only better for an hour or so, tho

The milk making itbetter i think suggests ulcer...but i dont know why gi didnt see anything

When it hurts it reminds me of emergency appendectomy so i guess i will know when to go

I keep hoping probiotics will magically make me better lke they made dog better

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would not keep adding more probiotics just now. You could really react even more if it's from gas/yeast.

Maybe you should suspend the tea for awhile too.

Hope this lets up SOON!!!!

[group hug]

Don't hesitate to go to the ER if it gets any worse...or persists.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ive been ok for two hrs now after the crackers and milk. Yeast never makes me feel like this...it feels like before ad ppendix problem. That got worse for two dys before i went to er. I just hope it gets better now...not worse again

--------------------

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have an ulcer you need to start drinking cabbage juice. That has been shown to heal ulcers. I took DGL licorice for my reflux when it started with the lyme. I was popping about seven to ten of those a day and drinking cabbage juice.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ulcers are from h pylori, so if ulcers are what you have, which it certainly sounds like, you need to treat the h pylori! None of the measures you are taking will help that. Quite the opposite.
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
h.pylori in the lower abdomen?? I thought that was only in the stomach?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt the pain in my lower abdomen with h. pylori. It kept getting misdiagnosed.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its still ok but i cant seem to sleep. I didnt say lower abd did i? I think its stomach

Between navel and sternum...but in a big circle

Im.less bloated now...less uncomfortable...but not right

I dint know why i havent been tested for h pyloi yet. Maybe i have and dont remember. Im getting disgusted with my primary. All heever does is send me to er. Then i have to pay both his copay and ers

What is the abx they give for h pylori? I can probably google that i guess

But it said ulcers can come from h pylori or anti inflams like ibu....and ive been on ibu a long time so i guess it could be either

I want to get tested. Most of stuff you shouldnt have for ulcer is same you dont have for reflux...and theres no question about reflux

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I wonder if i dare have my honey and vinegar...its braggs...its supposed to stop acid

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow...theres a lot of tests for h pylori. I thought it was just a blood test. Has anyone done the urea one? What does it taste like?

And it seems wierd the abx...so many, but i guess mostly amox or biaxin flagyl

I dont know if i can handle flagyl now

--------------------

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Braggs made my reflux worse, but I think it was lyme related reflux. I'm telling you, before I ever started lyme treatment I was eating DGL licorice like crazy and drinking cabbage juice. It finally all cleared up. I later found out I had lyme disease. I think they both have antibacterial properties. You should research them.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Gee, where did I get the "info" that it was lower abdominal pain??

Braggs is murder on me ... but you've done well with it in the past.. so I don't know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thanks everyone for help and support. I had pain til 2 am then asleep about 3-11

Gyn cancled ultrasound. She said we wouldnt get good results if i was sore

I have call into g i he didnt getback yet. I hope he will at least order a h pylori test

I am sore but plan to eat light and just do little things i feel like...so far reading

Thanks again...i was pretty scared...but i do think it was brought on by emotional stuff

Ive had ibs dx for 23 yrs and have always been able to control it with diet...as long as i dont have an emotional upset

Every time. Thats what puts me over the top

--------------------

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how to answer, everyone here has such knowledge, just wanted to say feel better.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thanks lyme in putnam...i hope your tx is going good

Im surprised. The gi wants me to have abdom ultrasound and he agreed to do hpylori blood test too

Maybe i found another good doc. Hmmmm.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about bowel movements? have you had any?

when I had gastroparesis it was excruciating.

could it be that?

or maybe a blockage ? and those crackers will make it worse

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insist on testing for h. pylori in multiple ways.

I had a stool test and blood test the same week.

Stool was negative, blood was positive. There's also a breath test, but I didn't have to go that far.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its not acting like gastroparesis

He said do ultrasound and blood test firse. Im ok with that

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Last night i ate a small amount of food and 2-3 hours later i started to have pain again...i ate a few crackers and it went away

This morning my gi felt almost all better but i felt feverish with nofever...im hot, sweaty, weak...and i had a headache im pretty sure was caffiene withdrawal

I ate egg and toast and half cup coffee (im hypoglycemic) and it seemed right...

Also took tumeric in gerren tea...i didnt have tumeric yesterday but pain is coming thru and imtrying to find what works without hurting gi

I still fe er l feverish but temp went down to 95.7...it had been 97. And those numbers are normal for me

Also am feeling weak er and weaker. Ive been walking around doing light chores but im too weak to take a shower and that was the plan for today

I think it was the tumeric...without that fish oil and neuontin are all i have for pain that dont hurt gi...and i like low dose of neurontin so i dont fall asleep

These sx are not reaslly gi...weakness....and my abdom ultrasound is scheduled for next monday...its fasting and that is hard with hypoglycemia...but i think i can do it. Hopefully no ice storms!
Headache

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement