LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone get rid of Bart??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone get rid of Bart??
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessiep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If so please tell me how. Thx!
Posts: 342 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie, I remember a month or 2 back reading a few posts from some people that either killed Bart or had it on the run with VERY high doses of Rifampin, along with some other complimentary meds.

I don't know the details specifically but they seemed pretty happy with the results.

I'm currently saving for something more important than Rifampin right now, but once I've finished I'm going to start saving for the treatment and research as much as possible on this.

Maybe use the search function and dig a little on high dose Rifampin. Reach out to the folks here who've done it. This is a super helpful crowd.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im on high dose rifampin, but having some troubles keeping liver enzymes low. I can do 600mg/day with no problem, 1200mg/day for a couple of months, and 1500mg/day for a couple of weeks. Higher doses do seem more effective, but it seems to be primarily bacteriostatic (at least for the bart species im infected with).

Things that i have found helpful with my bart (this is an ongoing list for me, and sometimes changes when im gaining new insight):
- Rifampin - primarily bacteriostatic
- Cipro / levo (this actually kills my bart, but cant take it because of tendon issues)
- Cumanda
- Rizol My
- Buhners complete bart protocol (but im still early in this treatment), this includes houttuynia
- Alchornea somewhat
- Babesia (yes, having babesia makes combatting bart easier! so treat bart before babs)
- MMS (it seems to do a pretty good job of eradicating free floating bart in the blood, but only have very little experience with this)
- DMSA (heavy metals, but also removal of some bart minerals??)

Things that make my bart worse:
- Magnesium supplementation
- Glutathione supplementation (that includes coffee enemas!)
- Treating babesia. This can really make bart spiral out of control. Babs lowers some of the cytokines that bart tries to increase in order to spread trough the body. Note: Buhners protocol is basically designed to do the same thing.

Ive found macrolides to be useless, and mino, doxy and Septra dont seem to do anything either for it. Biaxin remains helpful for keeping rifampin levels higher in the blood.

I know the magnesium/glutathione thing is a bit controversial, but for me it really hampered progression.

Again, this is what i have found useful for my bart as of now. Im still treating and not out of the woods yet, though i am feeling im slowely getting some grip on it. Im on high dose rifampin now, doing some of the buhner herbs and alchornea/cumanda. With the rifampin/biaxin combo i just seem to hit a plateau after about 2 months, so im experimenting with the other treatments as well.
Perhaps i will add in some more MMS again, see how that goes. I can track bartonella progress on blood slides that i make every few days or weeks, and for me the visible bacteremia seems to correlate with my raised ferritin levels (which i get tested for every 2-3weeks).

I do think we need to realize there is just no one "bart" out there. There are different variants and perhaps BLO will prove to be something else than bartonella. So what i have found helpful may be useless for other people!

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course we do! It is persistent, as borrelia, as candida, as babesia, but we do get rid of bart.

Have you ever tried bart nosodes?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did with treatment from Monastery of Herbs. available only through a dr, but you can contact them on their website and ask questions. they are very nice and happy to help.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessiep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is Bart nosodes??
Posts: 342 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

My feet are on fire every night and often in the morning. Also bouts of anxiety. Bart right?? And also know I have Babesia, keep testing Igen. pos for that. But never a bart pos.
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.accuratetreatment.org/store/page30.html

I don't know this site well. I heard of people using Bartonella nosodes from Deseret Biologicals with good results. I never used them, as my bartonella went dormant with herbs (very many of them) before these nosodes existed.

Second time I fought bart, I used photons for borrelia and when my borrelia went dormant, so went bartonella.

If I get bart again, and it doesn't go dormant after borrelia goes dormant, I would try then Bart nosodes, in the series from Deseret or any other company that sells real homeopathic nosodes.

It's just an idea. Do a search here, I remember of other people using these nosodes (ingested) with good results.

Good luck!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to treat my wife with Cumanda and frequency treatments to finally get rid of Bart. It bounced back too fast for just the frequency treatment. I used 832 Hz for Bart.

The Cumanda slowed up the reproduction enough to allow the frequency treatments to gain on it.

It a tough one.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HH2 always helped me but hepapro changed the formula recently. it's not the same fishy herb smelling houttuynia that they used to have.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldnt read all but i got rid of major bart sx with rifampin

Emituonally hard to take...had to ramp up slow and keep loved ones close to watch me cuz i was suicidal

But in a few months major sx gone

No way to tell if it wont come back but foot pain not back in 5-6 yrs

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also used the HH2. I took it 3 times a day for 2 months did feel better but I did not think it would kill it. I seem to be having better results with a rife machine and a Doug Coil. I used 832 on the Doug Coil and these frequencies in combination with my rife machine, 364, 379
duty 55
645, 654, 786, 840, 842
844, 846, 848, 850, 857
duty 35
duty 55
634, 696, 716, 1518

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement