LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Treat Cancer As Infectious Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Treat Cancer As Infectious Disease
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I am thrilled to hear this news. Researchers have been studying cancer as an infectious disease and have determined it responds to antibiotics.

QUOTE- ""Based on this analysis, we now show that 4-to-5 different classes of FDA-approved drugs can be used to eradicate cancer stem cells, in 12 different cancer cell lines, across 8 different tumor types (breast, DCIS, ovarian, prostate, lung, pancreatic, melanoma, and glioblastoma (brain)).

These five classes of mitochondrially-targeted antibiotics include: the erythromycins, the tetracyclines, the glycylcyclines, an anti-parasitic drug, and chloramphenicol."

YES! Glory be!

Here are the original studies that I'd been collecting and hoping they would be expanded on...

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lyme/cancer-doxycycline-studies

Here is the latest one with more good news, including the quote from above!

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lyme/cancer-doxycycline-studies/treating-cancer-like-an-infectious-disease

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've experimented with this treatment approach in an animal and a human and it worked. I just wasn't, of course, qualified to write up studies and results.

PLEASE send this out to everyone you know. Every day we hear of more and more cancer and this might give those folks more hope!

I now cry, still cry, for those we've lost while waiting for these answers to be brought to light and cry for those who've suffered the ill effects of chemo, radiation and surgery.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful! Thanks, Tincup!

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

Really appreciate this info! Thank you. Is it any wonder that those of with Lyme/tbd should take such interest in this? Hardly; not after it has been discussed in various scientific circles that viruses and bacteria -enter Lyme and coinfections- may trigger cancers in some!

Again, thank you so much for passing along the articles.

Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing the new study, Tincup.

That is great news!

I shared it on fb.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitbit99
Member # 43654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitbit99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tincup ! I have lyme and lung cancer. I am taking everything under the sun to arrest these beasts, (Holistically), I didn't go for chemo or radiation.

So Should I get right on these antibiotics? and if so, could someone suggest the right antibiotic for lung cancer? Or their best guess ?

I am not shy and will try almost anything.

I knew there was a reason to be here, I just didn't know why until now.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Posts: 66 | From Toronto Ontario | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lightfoot- [hi] Glad to see you!!!

Told- You are right! WE all need this info. Glad it can be of help, perhaps?

Dekrator- I still haven't "got" that Facebook or twitter thing down yet- old dog, new tricks- it actually scares me (don't tell anyone I said that), so I appreciate you sharing it!!! Thanks!

Oh bitbit- I should have prepared for this and didn't. First, I am NOT a doctor and can not give any medical advise. Got that? Say yes. Ok.

Now, if it were ME, I'd most likely be doing exactly what you are doing to date. It appears, and I want you to read the entire article and get help with understanding it if need be... but it said in one spot...

"As a consequence of these positive findings, we next tested the ability of azithromycin to inhibit tumor-sphere formation in a wide-variety of cell lines derived from many different tumor types, including ER(-) breast cancer, ovarian, lung, pancreatic, and prostate cancer, as well as melanoma (summarized in Table 1).

For simplicity, we used a single concentration of 250 µM.

Figure 4 (panels A and B) directly shows that azithromycin inhibited tumor-sphere formation in these 8 additional well-established cell lines, representing 6 different cancer types.

Thus, azithromycin was effective against tumor-sphere formation in all 10 cell lines tested." "

Can you get a local doc to assist you with this? Can you check and see if there are any studies in your area that might enroll you? Please do.

Sending hugs and my best to you. Keep fighting too.

And now, go do something really goofy and laugh. I hear that is the best medicine.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bitbit99
Member # 43654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitbit99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Tincup I Appreciate That none of us are drs, but thanks for the suggestions and I know these are only suggestions as that's all we really can do here is suggest. [Smile]

I am sort of flipping out because for the last week I have been feeling so much better, I don't know what it is but man just a small break like this is amazing..

I certainly don't expect this to last forever but omg it feels like a miracle.

I have been taking:

Magnesium (6 weeks)

cannibus oil (15 different strains of pot) 6 months

Gse (Grapefruit seed extract) 5 yrs

Colloidal silver (20 ppm) 5yrs

Olive leaf extract (3 days)

Essiac tea (5 weeks)

Prayer 6 yrs (more than usual)

Anything and everything that kills yeast and Candida (5 yrs)

Huge diet Changes, ?? on and off 5 yrs

Some good high quality multi vitamins (3 yrs)

Lots of antibiotics and different types... on off (5 yrs)

Garlic and vit c in fairly large doses (5Yrs)

But yes Tincup... Laughter and a good attitude are vital.

My Lyme is more of a mental brainfog lyme as apposed to a sore joints fibromyalgia type of lyme.

I will be adding antibiotics to this already cramped regime now.

Bio Bio Good-byo to lyme (We Hope)

Posts: 66 | From Toronto Ontario | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. How do you get a doc to prescribe. In my experience they only do what they are told to do

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bitbit

I was trying to private message you, but I don't see how to.

Please start drinking Turkey Tail Mushroom Tea. Also start taking Turkey Tail Mushroom supplements from Host Defense.

Studies have shown it helps stop cancer. The creator of Host Defense helped cure his mother of stage four cancer with Turkey Tail Mushrooms.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

Can you give us details on your study with animal cancer and antibiotics? What kind of cancer and which antibiotics?

Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitbit99
Member # 43654

I will for sure get the mushroom tea, I will call my health food store and see if they carry that brand and if not ill get it online. I see a Canadian phone # on their site. Thanks Sacred Heart

I know miracles happen so I'll just keep looking for one [Smile]

LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember hearing about a female dr from the northeast USA that did extensive research on how all cancers are from parasites.

that was like 25 years ago I heard that. I forget her name, of course, but have always been wondering.....

I know back then she was poopooed by the medical community for this. it's a shame things take to long for people to really look into things and see the light.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bitbit 99.

You do not have a PM so I will tell you here.

You have a Biophoton practitioner in Toronto.

I suggest you look into this. It is helping me a lot.

http://www.biontology.com/

[ 03-05-2015, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: patches10025 ]

Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
patches, your mailbox is full so I can't reply to your pm.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, TF, it is no longer full.
Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess this is good news?? Don't forget the probiotics to protect your gut. Our immunity is in our gut!

Good luck, bitbit! [Smile] I think your regimen rocks!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bitbit,

I pray you will come out stronger than ever!

You are taking some great anti-cancer, immune boosting herbs and supplements.

Here is some more info on natural ways to fight cancer:

http://www.naturalnews.com/047693_lung_cancer_honey_herbal_medicine.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/034275_milk_thistle_lung_cancer.html

Here is some info about mushrooms, like SacredHeart suggested:

www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400323/Mushrooms-Against-Cancer.html

There are lots of studies on PubMed.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitbit99
Member # 43654

Thanks Dekrator48, patches10025 and Lymetoo.

I will look into the Biontology, it looks interesting.
I have a rife machine but want a rife partner to use it with me. Haven't found anyone yet.

On my regime I forgot to say the oil I take I swallow not smoke.

And I always take good probiotics even when I'm not taking antibiotics,(I don't know how I forgot to write that down at 51 dollars a bottle!)

Oh Ya Baking soda with lemon and Coconut oil just for good measure.

And my health food store confirmed today they have the Host Defence Mushroom pills in stock.(looking forward to those)

Thank You Again and my health food store also thanks you [Smile]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this last year and it was probably the best advice for people with cancer, and those who don't want it, that I've ever seen or heard. Lots of cutting edge info (no affiliation). I think they are going to run it again at the end of this month.

http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/fall_quest1.php

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

LOOK! LOOK! Another study just came out!

Bitbit- are you seeing this? Please do!!!

Another study indicating generic antibiotics (used for Lyme disease and other conditions) are having positive results treating cancer.

Ecancermedicalscience. 2015 Feb 24;9:513. doi: 10.3332/ecancer.2015.513. eCollection 2015.

Repurposing Drugs in Oncology (ReDO)-clarithromycin as an anti-cancer agent.

Van Nuffel AM1, Sukhatme V2, Pantziarka P3, Meheus L1, Sukhatme VP4, Bouche G1.

Abstract

Clarithromycin (CAM) is a well-known macrolide antibiotic available as a generic drug. CAM is traditionally used for many types of bacterial infections, treatment of Lyme disease and eradication of gastric infection with Helicobacter pylori.

Extensive preclinical and clinical data demonstrate a potential role for CAM to treat various tumours in combination with conventional treatment.

The mechanisms of action underlying the anti-tumour activity of CAM are multiple and include prolonged reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines, autophagy inhibition, and anti-angiogenesis.

Here, we present an overview of the current preclinical (in vitro and in vivo) and clinical evidence supporting the role of CAM in cancer.

Overall these findings justify further research with CAM in many tumour types, with multiple myeloma, lymphoma, chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML), and lung cancer having the highest level of evidence.

Finally, a series of proposals are being made to further investigate the use of CAM in clinical trials which offer the greatest prospect of clinical benefit to patients.

PMID: 25729426 [PubMed] PMCID: PMC4341996

Free PMC Article

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Catgirl- It's your fault! I actually jotted myself a note late last night- like I really needed to (NOT)- that said "Clean your house pig pen!" ~smile~

Well, I didn't get 'er done and I am blaming you for it!

That link you posted was VERY good!!! I actually found the first segment of the series- about an hour long- and then saw the second one- also an hour long- on youtube.

I intend to take advantage of watching the full series at the end of March for free. Many thanks for sharing that!!!

Now, get your mop, your bucket and duster and get on over here! We've got work to do!!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bitbit99
Member # 43654

Thanks CatGirl... Signed up and saw first segment, Thanks nice of you to post

Thanks Tincup, Ya I don't mind taking antibiotics since they are now supposed to help both my conditions (BONUS)

I took an h-pac ,(7 days antibiotics),for h-pyloyi about 3 weeks ago, now im wondering if that's why I felt so good there for a week?
(about 2 weeks after I took it)

I don't get this brain barrier thing 100 percent but I know I have to get well upstairs, the extreme fog and no motivation, fatigue etc is brutal.

All I know is I am better than I was 5 1/2 yrs ago.
Far from cured but closer.

Life Changes so quickly.

ktkdommer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no mention of blood cancers. My husband has multiple myeloma.

Any word on blood cancers?

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup (lol) and Bitbit you're welcome. It was so good that I bought the series so I could watch it over and over again (lyme brain). Know you'll love it. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey ktk... (EDITED BELOW- NEXT POST!)

"Based on this analysis, we now show that 4-to-5 different classes of FDA-approved drugs can be used to eradicate cancer stem cells, in 12 different cancer cell lines, across 8 different tumor types (breast, DCIS, ovarian, prostate, lung, pancreatic, melanoma, and glioblastoma (brain))."

You're right. I don't know why, but if you check pub-med you may find something on it. Was also looking up NIH clinical trials the other day for a friend, and there were tons of them for cancer. Might check there? I believe I saw references to "blood cancers".

Hope that helps!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

OK ... I was wrong. Ouch, that hurt to say. ~smile~

Ktk... It does have the cancer you mentioned, but it is in the second study I posted, not the first.

"Overall these findings justify further research with CAM in many tumour types, with multiple myeloma, lymphoma, chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML), and lung cancer having the highest level of evidence."

Here is the reference. Repurposing Drugs in Oncology (ReDO)-clarithromycin as an anti-cancer agent. Van Nuffel AM1, Sukhatme V2, Pantziarka P3, Meheus L1, Sukhatme VP4, Bouche G1.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

ktkdommer,

Here is some info about curcumin and multiple myeloma. There are more studies on PubMed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25517601

http://www.naturalnews.com/041910_turmeric_chemotherapy_multiple_myeloma.html

The next link is info about thymoquinone (TQ), the main component isolated from the medicinal plant Nigella sativa (Black cumin seed oil):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2990154/

--------------------

paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had read this 11 years ago when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Does the antibiotic treatment work to reduce cancer spread once it's already metastisized? (probably spelled that wrong, sorry)

Thanks for these excellent resources.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bitbit, the links to Ty Bollinger's two series on fighting cancer naturally are on Tincup's other thread - I posted full notes on all the episodes about what everyone's doing to fight back naturally, many of them making it back from stage 3 and stage 4 cancers!

Ok, here's the link to the other thread - scroll down for the Ty links -

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/36171

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Pale- I am not well versed in the microbiology and tech stuff and can't answer that myself. Sorry. And so sorry to hear about your dad too.

I can say I remember in the mice study the doxy made tumors go away completely and when doxy was stopped the tumors came back.

Even more amazing- when the tumors came back doxy was given again to the mice and again the tumors disappeared.

A dog I followed had bad cancerous tumors in his bones and was not expected to live. With nothing to lose I put him on Doxy had him at full recovery- totally amazing to see it.

Doxy was later stopped by the owners when they got back (I was house sitting for several months and caring for the dog) cause the vet told them that couldn't possibly be the reason the dog was better and I was nuts, blah blah.

So the owners listened to her instead of me and stopped the doxy. I didn't know they did at the time.

Tumors came back and the dog unfortunately died. Broke my heart. The owners, several years later, finally told me they are sure that the doxy was the reason the dog got better and they shouldn't have stopped it. Makes me sad.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bitbit,
My lyme doctor told me about a cancer clinic in Santa Rosa, California that uses natural methods. I think it's okay to post a clinic, not a doctor, so the name is Amitabha Clinic. My doc thinks it's very effective but it is expensive.

Good luck.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement