LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Traveling soon need advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Traveling soon need advice
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So next week I am going to Florida for a week. I am very reluctant to go because I still don't feel optimal and want to enjoy it but the tickets we bought a year ago are non refundable.

That being said does anyone have any flying advice? I'd rather not bring my 10 suppliment bottles as Im only bringing a carry on. can I separate them into individual days? What about tinctures?

I know I'm not supposed to drink alcohol especially while treating candida but this is going to be very hard. Wish I could postpone it.

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
Co infections? Who knows...
Bands 18+ 30+39+41+45+58+66+ IGG
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The supplements will be fine. The tinctures have to be under 3 oz each and have to fit into a small ziploc bag or you can't carry them on.

Where are you going in FL? You should have a good time. Just relaxing and being in the sun is a nice break, especially if you're from Boston like your profile says!!!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Florida? You are a lucky one indeed!

You said.. "I know I'm not supposed to drink alcohol especially while treating candida but this is going to be very hard."

You can print out the following if you'd like and take it with you...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Tincup expressly gives T. Brown permission to party down while in Florida on vacation. If T. Brown doesn't party down, T. Brown will miss out on "life" and as a result will be fined LOTS of money and will spend at least 6 weeks in jail.

Signed,

Tincup

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

GO! HAVE A PARTY!!! LAUGH AND LOVE!!!

We do NOT give up our "life" as a result of Lyme disease! We are NOT required to do that. A one week break from this madness is well deserved. The Lyme will be there when you get back, so take advantage of your ability to get away while you can.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I substituted my name and printed this out.

Gonna go (somewhere) and have myself a good ol' time. When the law catches up with me, I'm gonna whip out my permission slip, give 'em a mysterious smile, say, "Call Tincup," and be on my merry way.

Catch ya on the flip side, Lymenet.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tbrown2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha thanks guys ! I needed that

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Posts: 351 | From Boston MA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've gotten some great advice here. Tincup, you rule! :-)

I too did quite a bit of traveling at times when I was so very sick, but think that sometimes a change of scenery does us all some good.

Afterall, getting to look at four different walls vs my own bedroom walls could be just what the doctor ordered.

I would tell myself that I could be sick in a hotel room as well as at home but often I would have some good days traveling and even just a few good days made me still glad that I had gone.

As far as my supplements, as long as I wasn't leaving the country, I would put them in the daily pill separators. When leaving the country, I would leave everything in original bottles since they can get very picky. In Florida, you will be golden.

Have a great time and enjoy the warmer weather.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to travel a lot. Not so much in the last 8 years. Always keep your meds with you. Go to pharmacy ask for a printout of your meds. You never know what may cause a delay. And meds you can not delay...

Relax and pace your self, you dont want burn our the first day, stay out of the sun which can or wear a huge hat. The sun can raise your body temp just enough to give you a slight to bad yucky herx.

Florida is the Sun so enjoy the night life too. If you have problems walking even short distances ask for a wheel chair. It costs nothing except you might want to tip the person assisting you.

Rest and listen to your body... Dont feel guilty if you are not up to going certain places. Just have fun at your pace and use sunscreen...

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean wheel chair at the airport

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you have a great trip!

we all deserve a break.

what I found is that once I get to the place things change and I was glad I did it. I hope it is that way for you !

Bon Voyage!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, where are you going in FL? I'll be there next week, too!

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

I'm going to the happiest place on earth. Disney world lol

[ 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Tbrown2 ]

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

I think Im going go just leave the tinctures at home and just bring the suppliments. I won't have time to take the tinctures on schedule each day and I can't bring glass into the parks or anything so il just take a weeks off from them.

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a wonderful time. I know how you feel. I am not as enthusiastic about planning travel as I used to be but we have got to live our lives, right?

You will have fun and if you need to rest up more when you get home, you can.

And in my opinion, a 1/2 glass of wine, or maybe 2 spritzers over the week will not kill you. Relaxation and fun with family and friends is nourishing and healing.

Just take extra probiotics and antifungals. You may not even want any if you give yourself permission to have a few sips.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Tbrown2:
I'm going to the happiest place on earth. Disney world lol

Oh, have fun! I'll be on the coast. [Smile]

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Take GINGER CAPSULES (in advance and keep with you) to help your stomach better enjoy some of the rides that can jiggle the inner ear sensations.

You can also ask ahead of going about arranging a wheelchair or a golf cart ride if you need to do that for a certain time. Ask about how to circumvent standing for too long. I'm sure they can help but best to talk to someone in their office before you leave - and have a person's name as a liason.

You could also ask if there might be a quiet place you could go to rest for a while if you need that.

And if you are gluten-free, I'm sure they can also guide you to the choices of excellent foods, too. You would not be the first person to ask, for sure.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Google: DisneyWorld "gluten-free"

Many excellent links here, and most appear to be directly related to DisneyWorld, itself, some Facebook postings, etc.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/special-dietary-requests/

Q. Can Walt Disney World restaurants accommodate special dietary requests?

A. Special dietary requests—including food allergies, food intolerances, kosher meals and medically restricted diets—can often be accommodated at most table-service restaurants and select quick-service locations.

Link to make a reservation . . .

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

DisneyWorld - special-dietary-requests . . . Delicious Alternatives . . . Participating Restaurants

. . . Personal Food Items

Guests with food allergies or intolerances are allowed to bring food into Walt Disney World theme parks and dining locations. When entering a park, simply inform the Security at bag check that someone in the party has a food allergy or intolerance.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tbrown2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42446

Thank you for the info. I really don't want/need to use a wheel chair Im to humble and stubborn for that. Will definaltly invest in some ginger tho.

Keebler I asked you a few questions in the "yeast issues" thread when you get a moment

--------------------
T. Brown

CDC Lyme Positive
23+39+41+IGM

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Thanks for the note here for me to skip over to the yeast question. Done.
--

If your really do fine on your feet, at all times, no need to read this. If any question about that, though . . . .

Just remember that smart & wise don't always work with humble and stubborn.

Just do what you need to do to take care of yourself and think about your energy "bank" and "conservation" measures.

Use of wheels can be very smart ride, indeed, and add miles to your ability to enjoy more things, then, or later on.

Were an ankle to be injured, would you think of renting wheels differently, most likely you would. But - sometimes - when a whole body system is "sprung" being humble and stubborn is no less not smart than walking with an injured ankle or knee. Try to leave emotion / judgment / feelings out of it and think like an engineer with a job to be done: ensuring your safety & vacation success / longevity.

However it would be planned out, the point is how best to support your body so it can carry you through. Logistics, physics, mechanics. Just think of how best to make it all work.

I had that same feeling as you when I refused a wheelchair at a museum showing of (what seemed like) millions of ancient clay soldiers from China. I wanted to be normal.

Well, when I round a corner and entered the main room with all those ancient guys lined up, my vision literally flipped and they were all on the ground and I was floating, it seemed. I fell. Just about onto the platform where I barely missed a soldier who would have been domino #1.

I was lucky, but foolish to have been so embarrassed about doing what I should have done to be able to better enjoy my time there and not be so off kilter as to have the guards nearly tackle me to the ground before I ruin centuries of antiquities.

Had it been a weak ankle, sure, I would have borrowed a wheelchair. But not for a broken body balance system - with an adrenal system that was running on empty, too, just to keep me upright -

- that I thought I could keep under control. No way! I thought I could "pull off" normal. Did not work out that way.

Months later, another trip to the museum and I took to the wheels. Such a wise move that was. I got up some when not too many people were around or in the less visually stimulating rooms . . . I had a choice.

just as with airport wheelchair arrangements. You can walk a ways if you want but then the chair is there if you need it for patches along that long trek down the gangplank, uh, concourse (?).

Mostly, a wheeled chair helped where standing and waiting are required. If low blood pressure is an issue (as is common with lyme) that standing and waiting can be much more rough & tumble than when we are moving.

I did so much better traveling when I at least used the AIRPORT wheelchair services.
-

[ 03-05-2015, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement