LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » just got my 23and me test read

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just got my 23and me test read
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lots of good info. It was $60 from the Tree of Life Health ministries. He emails the report to you, then calls and talks to you for about an hr. A lot of it I didn't understand and that's why i paid him to read it, but

Hopefully this will help me detox correctly and fix some of my anxiety issue!

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo.... I may use the same service then! I want to get this done but I keep putting it off.

Thanks!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i guess he has made this his life work to know what every one of these genes do in your body. It's pretty cool!!
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds interesting

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does he get the 23andme cheaper?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might be wrong, but sounds like he interprets the results for $60. So you would need to pay the $99 for the test and $60 for his services.

You can just plug the raw data into www.geneticgenie.org for free. This will tell you your mutations, but obviously will not tell you a plan of action for your situation, as far as supplements needed for each mutation.

Might be wrong, but that is what it sounds like to me.

If he is somehow doing the entire testing and analysis for $60 then that is a great deal, doubt it though.....

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like he's interpreting the test results.

I see a doctor here who works with treating the SNPs - he said he wants to see people at least once and then can do phone consults after that.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

he doesn't. You do the test on your own then pay him $60 to interpret the results. I did the genetic genie and i had a lot of trouble trying to piece it together.

Which one to work on first and what it all meant. So glad he doesn't need to see me in person, because i don't think i could drive down there.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh, OK.. wondered how he could get it cheaper. Thanks for clarification.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jlcd1,

So he tells you what supplements to take for each mutation, and which mutation to address first, second etc etc?

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

yes that's what he does, he said it's no quick fix and you have to address certain ones before others. And that's what i couldn't figure out on my own. It's just too much thinking for me right now.
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
genetic genie- is that similar to the 23andmetest? or is it the same? I am confused.

_

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tree of life ministries is sort of near me.

I wonder what else they do that is good. anything with lyme?

I will look at site later, but appreciate any info anyone would have.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Genetic Genie is a website (I think) that helps interpret the 23andme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He interpreted my hubby's 23andme test and figured out which supplements are necessary.

I don't think he knows a lot about Lyme. We'll have to suggest he might look into getting an LLND in to work with him!

LisaK, check his website for a list of things they do. www.tolhealth.com

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the Tree of Health life is doing what my doctor does, ie explain test results and advise what supplements to take.

Also my doctor knows the order in which to start supplementing pathways. And it hasn't been easy, since as a difficult detoxer, I've been having trouble getting started.

I looked up the methylation map my doctor showed me - to start to understand this stuff, google for Methylation Map - Image Results, then click on the top left image. It will be the Methyl Cycle Genomics page. That's what you need to look at to start understanding correlations.

There are several cycles to the methylation pathway, starting on the left side. The boxed initials are enzymes needed to nake the cycles go.

The 23andme results show us which enzymes have SNPs, ie mutuations that don't allow that cylce to work very well.

For those of you with the test results, you can correlate your SNPs and missing enzymes to this map.

Then the doc knows, and I guess also the Tree guy, how to start supplementing for that enzyme and cycle.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

LisaK, i don't think he does any lyme treatment but you can ask what else they do. He's so nice and dedicated to this work. He says he eats dinner with his family and then call's people to explain there results to them.
jb151
Member # 43170

Jlcd1,

Curious, does this guy think you should address the toxins (ammonia, peroxynitrites, super oxides, sulfites/sulfates) before addressing the MTHFR areas?

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

this is what suggested i start with. There are so many more genes to address than the MTHFR. That's why i did the test. I do address the toxins on my own but i think once you get your methylation pathway moving the toxins should start to move out better.

CBS/BHMT Assist Digestion Support
Histamine Scavenger 2 Reduces Histamine
L-Theanine 1 Reduces Glutmate
Pro NADH 1 Recycles BH4 & Glutatione

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement