LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » glutathione question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: glutathione question
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been looking at glutathione supps.

It looks like the sub-lingual kind, which is probably more easliy absorbed, would be the best option, but there are powders, pills, etc...

Any suggestions?

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont take ordinary glutathione for oral use, its not effective. Glutathione is made from 3 amino acids: Cysteine, Glutamic Acid and Glycine. When you take it orally it is broken down in to the basic amino acids in the gut by the protease enzymes. So you would be better off taking the precursors in the first place (its just cheaper).

Glutathione is also not directly absorbed in to the cells. This is true even for IV glutathione. To enter the cell, glutathione needs to be broken down in to its amino acids, assimilated, and then reconstructed. Again, you might as well take the precursors (a lot cheaper). However flooding the body with glutathione from IV does provide very high levels of the precursors in the body, so it can still be beneficial.

Probably the only direct way in to the body and in to the cells is liposomal glutathione. Nano-sized liposomal glutathione that is taken sub-lingually has the highest absorption rate directly in to the blood. By swallowing it, the absorption is probably somewhat reduced, but still helpful.

So if your sublingual glutathione is in liposomal form, then go for that. Just be aware that not all liposomes are made identically. Chris Shade, who uses these liposomes for mercury detox has a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnw-X8csRQ

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other lyme patients have reported on LymeNet that the suppositories work the best, almost as good as the IV.

However, you may need a prescription for them. I am not sure.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do IV push when at LLMD and Liposomal Glut that my LLMD recommends in between visits.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia_Azure
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maia_Azure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this brand:

http://www.essentialgsh.com/

I couldn't afford the IV glutathione and lipids, so I went the oral route. The pills are still expensive, and you usually need a healthcare practitioner to order through.

I ordered mine through a website, but I had to call and request it first since it wasn't advertised on their webpage.

That's the one thing that gets me, you can't shop around for most of the supplements for Lyme, its all sold by the LLMD at highway robbery prices.

--------------------
Sick since 2000
Bulls eye 2005
Dx Babesia, Lyme 2014

Posts: 247 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement