LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » UPDATE 4/14Please HElP...LLMD thinks GUT DYBOSIS? Input..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATE 4/14Please HElP...LLMD thinks GUT DYBOSIS? Input..
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO...for 1.5 years I have been doing great.

Have dome mild IC symptoms left but if I had to live my life like this I could have. I had minor flare ups here and there but nothing major.

I was on:
Valtrex
Amox
Ceftin
Plaquenil

So....MY IDIODIC Self decided to add oil of oregano and Capyrlic Acid in.

I started this on 3/23.

I was fine that week

3/28 I started waking up early
3/29 Woke up early
3/30 Woke up at 3 am.
3/31 woke up at 2
4/1 Woke up at 1:30

I stopped everything on 3/31

Than the anxiety started loss of appetite. Like it feels like I have a ton a stomach acid in my stomach. Also, when i eat my stomach doesn't like food.

Now I have had anxiety. Periods where it has broke. But my sleep if awful....

What is going on. I am detoxing.

Coffee Enemas- After I do them I feel better for a few hours

Parsley and Burbur-

Epsom salt baths

I HATE ANXIETY. Could this be a herx and all the toxins still?? The only reason I say yes is bc I have had breaks in anxiety.

Sorry for posting so much just need help!

Symptoms that left
Dizzy
Sinus Pain pressure
headache
couldnt focuus eye issues
light senstivity

Symptoms last
anxiety
insomina
OH YA AND AWFUL CHILLS!!!! No Fever!

Are those the last to clear?

[ 04-14-2015, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: tricia386 ]

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't beat yourself up over taking caprylic acid and oregano. They didn't do this to you, they treat yeast. Your symptoms are not herxing, they are related to lyme and company.

You have the three Bs, which practically every lyme patient gets (bb, babs, bart). They can pop up at anytime regardless of what you took.

Chills are either babs or proto (FL1953). Caprylic acid or oregano would have nothing to do with that. Your other symptoms sound like they are bart and lyme related. Anxiety is common with bart. Insomnia could be proto or bart or lyme related. Focus on treating these as you did nothing wrong.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I was on Lyme Meds..Ceftin and Amox and PLaquenil...So I was treating...

Im wondering if the oregano and the carprylic acid added another component

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you've been taking those meds and just added in the caprylic acid and oregano? Either way, those symptoms are for co infections.

You just treated yeast adding those two herbs in. The herbs can be strong, but your symptoms still sound like co infections flaring.

I know when I was treating lyme and company with abx, about every four months I had to change abx because more dominant symptoms from another co infection would surface, so that was what my doc would focus on. So I had to change abx about every four months.

Fyi, treating yeast actually helps with sleep, so your insomnia is more likely related to your co infections. It sounds like you might need a change in meds. How long have you been on these?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

You might check out proto symptoms too.

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

But something caused them to rear their ugly head after 1.5 months.

Isn't it possible Candida die off could be this bad?

Like i was fine until I added something new in...doesn't that make sense those herbs caused something?

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I'm no doc, but I doubt those herbs would cause your co infections to flare. Treating yeast always seems to help me. Candida die off would not cause chills, insomnia, sensitivity to light, etc.

Treating yeast has never brought on chills or sensitivity to light or insomnia for me either. It sounds like you need a change in meds.

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia386...

I really think your gut was put over the "tipping point" by the addition of the extra nutriceuticals in combination with the powerful medications you were already ingesting, and you are now experiencing consequences of dysbiosis, and a "leaky" and inflamed gut.

The same thing happened to me when I first had Lyme, but was not yet diagnosed. For a very short time, I thought maybe my downslide was stabilizing, but when I added some common supplements, all hell broke loose, with a huge flare of all of the symptoms you're describing; ramped up nervous system, inability to sleep, anxiety, severe indigestion, etc. This was not a "herx".

As I'm sure you know, the gut and brain are highly connected, with the gut having more neurons than our spinal cord, and where the majority of our serotonin and immune system reside.

It is imperative, in my opinion, to focus on healing your gut...

Bone broths, good fats, fermented foods, etc. were crucial for me.

Here's an article that gives some other information/resources:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038310_superfoods_gut_health_friendly_bacteria.html

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Phoiph! I was thinking maybe this!

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

How long till you noticed a difference?

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia386...

I just answered your PM...

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I said to you on another thread. The gut and brain are totally connected. Do anything you can think of to heal the gut.

There's also a "Gut Health Protocol" site on FB with very good information.

As for myself, a yeast herx can cause any symptom that yeast causes, so that would include anxiety, insomnia, sinus pain, light sensitivity, etc.

Do you have any aloe vera?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen your doctor? There have been times when I've been stymied by sudden new sx, and it turned out that I had caught something and was sick because of the new thing, and not because of the "old" Lyme stuff.

Not saying this is what it is for you...just throwing it out there as a possibility because it's happened to me several times. In my case, I'm particularly prone to picking up things because my immune system is shot.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

So I slept much better last night 10-4 that was amazing for me I woke up at 4 felt like I had a uti but I didnt drink enough water once I drank water I was fine. Also Anxiety is down some

So....TMI maybe but last night for dinner I had fram fresh eggs and organic granola.

Today...when I went to the bathroom it looked like it didnt digest all the way I could see the food particles.

What is this from??

Do you think I caused a yeast infection in my gut and I need some diflucan or work on getting the inflamation down in my stomach, thats what it feels like inflamed.

I think I am gunna stay off abc

--------------------

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a granola eater, but do most humans fully digest those kinds of plant fibers easily? Many fibers can be irritating to the digestive tract, I would stick with nutrient dense, easy to digest foods until digestion clears up.

Also some granolas are high in sugar and/or contain gluten. Those are best avoided if suspect candida.

Good to hear you are feeling a little better. If your gut is irritated/inflamed, taking a break from abx can help it get back to normal more quickly.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

YA definitely taking a break from ABX for a lil awhile. [bonk] [Eek!] [loco]

going to try and repair gut than return to treating candida i think its way to sensitive right now for any anti-fungals

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

Should I keep up with probiotics?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALWAYS

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Your gut is compromised if undigested food is showing up in your stools. Do you take digestive enzymes?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tricia386
Member # 29623

no. This just started after this

"die Off"

I am presuming

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

My gut is a mess .. So I have to take digestive enzymes.

I use this one:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/source-naturals-essential-enzymes-500-mg-240-caps

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks Lyme too!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Smile] You're welcome!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tricia386
Member # 29623

So-

I pretty much slept through the night.

Anxiety level is down

Did not wake up Gaging

Appetite is back.

improvements

I did have diahhera for a few days..not to TMI it was explosive I dint know if that was from the anxiety though.

My poop is orange but I am also taking Metamucil.

I still have gas and bloating and it burns after I eat.

Today my feces was formed. I have no fever...

Still cant help but wonder.. CDiff?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The "explosive" can be from yeast.

Give it a few days. If it's c.diff you'll find out before too long.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tricia386
Member # 29623

Lymetoo-

What do you mean I will find out in a few days...

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

Fees like I have way to much acid in my stomach

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Tricia, do you think you may have gotten bit again? Too much stomach acid was my first sign, then reflux/gagging.

If you want to prevent C-diff, take some Saccharomyces boullardi fast.

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

Catgirl- I am pretty sure I have had much exposure outside really. Still to cold.. But maybe I will ask for a Lyme test. I see my LLMD May 4th.

I am having a cdiff test done just to see!

Kimmie thats awful.

I have lots of pain in my stomach and gurgling...hurts when I eat and bowels have been strange.

Had loss of appetite but now its back..

Anxiety and insomnia has calmed down so hopefully this well too..

--------------------

kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
orange stool can be c diff, but oil of oregano is an oxidizer and can treat c diff its hard to say because it actually helped my poor gut a lot, but caused a bartonella herx. It also kills yeast.

I hope your c diff test is negative

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Update-

So Weds And Thursday good and Friday was a good day felt almost like myself again....anxiety was done etc..
Appetite was back. Sleep was broken but dint need xanax. which was good.

Friday I went to my aunts and had pizza I know...bold but nothing else I could have...

Friday night all hell broke loose. Anxiety, panic stomach distress....had to take xanax..

Saturday anxiety sleep lil better but stomach was in rough shape.

Sunday alil better but still anxiety and sleep issues.

RIght now I am on trazodone for sleep but also need xanax other wise I am not sleeping.

Turning in Cdiff test tomorrow...

ANymore insight what is going on here?

Could I still be going through a herx.

Yes I am better than last monday...but not all the way better.

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest you start keeping a calendar/diary of each day. This way, you can look for patterns.

So, on a calendar, write if diarrhea, if anxiety, stomach upset, etc. Write "good day" if these symptoms are not present.

You will be amazed at the data you will have.

Record anything such as what you ate, if you took any meds or supps, if it was stressful for some reason, etc.

Babesiosis, for example, can flare every 7 days and flares can last a few days each. Burrascano says that babs flares even more often (every 4 to 6 days--p. 26). Lyme flares about every 28 days.

If you keep a record, you may be able to come up with a diagnosis.

Regarding C. diff: I got C diff from sinus infection treatment. It was DAILY diarrhea, 9-11 episodes per 24 hour period. It came in the middle of the night and all morning into afternoon.

I had only about 6 seconds of warning to get to the bathroom, otherwise there was a mess to clean up.

So, I didn't get much sleep and I didn't dare go anywhere.

Of course, not everyone's case is the same.

C diff is contagious, so those living with you have to be very careful if you have it. No sharing of towels, touching contaminated clothing, etc.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks TF? Do you think I could be experiencing die-off t some gut reaction from it

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, mine was treated with an expensive antibiotic (vancomycin) and Florastor and I didn't have a bad reaction to it. I had a great reaction.

So, I don't think there is a die-off reaction to C diff.

However, when they first gave me flagyl for a week at the ER, that made me even sicker than I was. Lasted a week.

My outstanding gastro told me that C diff is natural in the gut and it causes no problems except if you get an overgrowth of it.

So, the Florastor helps repopulate the gut with other flora while the abx kill off some of the C diff to put your gut in a better balance.

You have not yet described any C diff symptoms to me. When your life revolves around diarrhea, then think C diff.

I had it for 11 days straight before I went to the doc who sent me right to the ER so that I would get my diagnosis and start treatment that day.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

With symptoms could I still be going through die off from a week ago from adding in oil of oregano and caprylic acid?

Maybe I did some damage to my gut. My symptoms left are anxiety and sleeping issues...

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

I don't know anything about oil of oregano or caprylic acid.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by tricia386:

Friday I went to my aunts and had pizza I know...bold but nothing else I could have...

Friday night all hell broke loose. Anxiety, panic stomach distress....had to take xanax..

-
Your answer is right here. Gluten, dairy and additives...triggered the candida again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tricia386
Member # 29623

SO MY LLMD thinks I might have caused Gut Dybosis by taking the strong antifungals and the antibiotics...thoughts?

--------------------

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia, I've been thinking about your post and you got so much good advice I didn't add mine but now I think I should just throw mine in too. I developed gastritis or ulcers after taking Mino which I can usually take but my gut was already messed up. After the Mino, I could barely eat food. Everything made my stomach ache so I began taking Marshmallow Root and several spoonfuls of yogurt prior to and after eating anything. Milk is an irritant but Yogurt because it is cultured isn't. Then at a health food store someone told me that if you take Uva Ursi and Gotu Cola for two weeks a stomach ulcer will heal up. This is just FYI in case you want to research it - I don't know from personal experience that it works. I already had the Uva Ursi so I began to alternate Marshmallow Root and Uva Ursi and continued with yogurt and finally after several weeks, my digestive system healed. (I also discovered Manuka Honey which cures ulcers). Re another thing in your post, I have had explosive poop. Mine was yellow. Babesia destroys the red blood cells (Merck Manual) and Babs as well as not eating right caused me to be malnourished. After my stomach Healed, I started trying to eat nourishing meals and I'm back to following some of Buhner's protocols in "Healing Lyme."
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Tulips Thank you so much!

I have been doing much better. I am eating a very low carb sugar diet. But am including yogurt and Kefir.

Taking Digestive Enzymes. Slippery Elm Marshmallow Root and vit c d e and colostrum and Metamucil.

I have upped my probiotics Sboulgardi, Theralac and than 90 billion Renew life.

My appetite is back and the pain has lessened. My anxiety as lessened a lot and sleep is much better.

However, bowel movements are solid. But I wake up in the morning and have to run to the bathroom

I still only go once a day. things seems to be getting better slowly but surely. Not out of the woods yet though.

I can tell my stomach still has a hard time digesting food and it sits there like a rock.

Thank you everyone for all of your help! !

--------------------

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you're feeling better. I logged back on to tell you that, thinking back, I only used Uva Ursi a couple of times with no benefit. Then I started using Slippery Elm which was wonderful. Professional singers have even used Slippery Elm Losenges before a performance (according to Amazon feedback) and I carry them in my pocket now in case of a dry cough.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Tricia .. maybe you need digestive enzymes?

I use Source Naturals Essential Enzymes.

Glad you are doing better!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tricia386
Member # 29623

Lymetoo~ Yup I have been taking them with every meal..

Improvement in slow and steady..

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement