LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best Natural Treatment for a Tick Bite for a 3-4 Year Old Child, No Symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Natural Treatment for a Tick Bite for a 3-4 Year Old Child, No Symptoms?
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is starting Silver Sol for 8 weeks per a Naturopathic Dr.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides seeing the doctor

I would use this protocol from the book:

The Homeopathic Treatment of Lyme Disease
by Peter Alex

http://www.wholehealthnow.com/books/lyme-disease.html

The protocol is:

homeopathic Ledum palustre 30c, two pellets
(it can be found in any health food store),

dropped in 1/2 cup water, stirred 10 times

(The pellets do not dissolve with 10 stirs. Don't worry about it. The remedy is on the outside of the pellets. You can even throw the pellets out after stirring 10 times. Stirring until they dissolve is not desirable as this can make the solution too energetic.)

one half teaspoon,

once a day for 3 days

and then I would give one 1/2 teaspoon of

homeopathic Aurum Arsenicum 200c (that has to be ordered),

prepared and taken the same way,

on day 6 and 12.

I label the glasses.

I store them covered in the frig.

Once I am done with the glass I dump the water down the drain and put glass in dishwasher.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that, lookup!

Is the protocol the same dose for a young child as it is for an adult?

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pass that thank you onto Peter Alex. [Wink]
He speaks English and one could probably contact him in Germany.

Peter Alex does not stipulate going lower for children.

Homeopathy dosing is different than conventional

medicine. It is not measured in milligrams. So, a

hamster or an elephant can both use 30c, for

example.

The Aurum arsenicum will be harder to get a hold

of so, at the very least, I personally, would

absolutely do the first part of the protocol - the

Ledum. Ledum is Wild Rosemary. It is found in

almost every health food store in the homeopathic

section and costs approximately $6.99.

It is a great remedy for mosquito bites too.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ledum did NOTHING for me. I took it immediately after infection and the EM rash kept growing to a painful state.

I had to be on antibiotics for 6 months after going that ledum rabbit hole.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When homeopathy, even a very carefully chosen remedy, fails to work, it is often due to incorrect potency and/or insufficient number of doses taken.

And things like strong odors, coffee, menthol, cigarette smoke, etc. can destroy the remedy.

Drinking coffee within 2 hours of taking homeopathy will also cancel out the homeopathy.

And also need to ensure that the pellets or tincture does not come into contact with hands, fingers, etc. - drop the dose directly from the cap or dropper into your mouth, then let the pellets or drops sit under your tongue until dissolved, or for at least 2 minutes before swallowing.

If using the water method, above, make sure the glass is clean and free of residue from dishwasher soap fragrance, rinse aid fragrance, or soap residue. Also make sure the water is not chlorinated (use filtered water).

Don't eat or drink anything other than plain filtered water within 15 minutes before or after taking a dose of homeopathy.

And I don't know if Ledum works to prevent other infections (Babesia, Bartonella, etc.) - it may only work with Lyme.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Judie said, "Ledum did NOTHING for me."

Maybe that is why Peter Alex continues the protocol

with Aurum arsenicum which is, in homeopathy,

considered a remedy for what is called a

miasmically syphilitic case. I see how he came to

the thought to use it with Lyme seeing that

it has spirochetes also.

[ 05-09-2015, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: lookup ]

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were me, knowing what I know now, I would load the kid up with doxy for at least two weeks in addition to whatever homeopathic or natural remedies I would use. This isn't something to fool around with.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

I agree beaches and that is why I said "besides seeing the doctor."
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and I believe homeopathic and naturopathic treatments are a great addition/adjunct to treatment. But a new bite on a young kid...whew..sorry, nip that it in the bud with abx to avoid heartache later on.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3-4 year old child would get Amoxicillin. Full treatment dose.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know dekrator knows whats going on but i cringed when i saw the title

after raising four kids with lyme and two dogs...if theres an attached tick i go for the appropriate abx immediately

six months got you off easy compared to some...it can be a lifetime

the abx entering our systems from food is nothing compared to a month of doxy or amox

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beaches:
Yes, and I believe homeopathic and naturopathic treatments are a great addition/adjunct to treatment. But a new bite on a young kid...whew..sorry, nip that it in the bud with abx to avoid heartache later on.

I agree. Take amoxicillin. Don't mess around.

I tried natural the 2 times I was infected before antibiotics. BIG mistake starting with the natural remedies. Even alternative doctors say to take antibiotics.

The Ledum was prescribed by a doctor. As I said before, it did nothing. I know how to take homeopathics. This was NOT a cure for Lyme. I've been working with NDs for years and natural remedies have their place, not for this.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions and help!

You are all the best!!

If only we could easily get the antibiotics that we need when this happens.

The problem is that the Doctors she tried would not prescribe any antibiotics for a bite. [Frown]

--------------------

KH111
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KH111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You cannot give a child under the age of 11 doxycycline. You will have to give amoxicillin.

Doxy or minocillin will damage undeveloped teeth.

Do not wait for symptoms. My child had no symptoms other than a very small rash. He got lyme and bartonella. Do not wait or chance it. Homotherepy will not get rid of it.

Start of abx now and then get the Igenex test done asap. Get tested for everything, the complete panel. It is expensive but if the child has something other than lyme it will take a long time for symptoms to show. I had babesia and it took over a year for us to figure that out. I am fine now.

Posts: 160 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks KH111!

Unfortunately, no doctors that she knows of will prescribe antibiotics for a bite.

We know that she needs antibiotics to be covered, but she cannot get them.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pm sent

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Dekrator48 your mailbox is full.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Your box is full dekrtor. There are ways to get doxy without scrip.Probsbly amox too. But i know its scarey to give to child without docs support

--------------------

beaches
Member # 38251

Yes, whoever posted that kids this young can't take the tetracyclines is right. Amox is the way to go.

Have your friend beg for amox from her friends whose kids have had ear infections and maybe have a refill or two (unlikely, but certainly worth the shot).

Tell her to keep taking her child to urgent care centers and demand treatment for the bite.

Goid luck and best wishes. I pray the child will be OK.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Sorry lpkayak, lookup and beaches.

I deleted some messages.

--------------------

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent with some names of LLMDs in PA.

When the parents call for an appointment, tell them to ask if there are any cancellations or a waiting list. Patients have been able to get in sooner to see a LLMD by doing this.

Also have them check the online state Lyme groups at:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PennsylvaniaLyme/info

Maybe they can help.

Some more resources (including Support Groups info):
www.lyme-aware.org/pennsylvania.html
www.lymepa.org

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/Pennsylvania/

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you hopingandpraying!

--------------------

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dekrator... The only problem with amoxy is that it gets too little. Doxy would be best (widespectrum), but the kid is too young.

My daughter got bitten at the age of 1, then every single year, she would get bitten again and again.

She had lyme, many times, and I did give her amoxy, at least twice, when I was a newbie...

Once, for about 2 weeks, I think; the second bite, for 5 weeks.

Well, NONE of these times, she got better with amoxi. Lyme developed full force. The main problem, in my view, is that amoxi will get mainly borrelia, but borrelia never comes alone.

Amoxi is not a main coinfection treatment.

What made her sick was not only borrelia, but the combination of co-infections! In both tick bites.

That is why I NEVER ANYMORE trust amoxy as preventative.

We started on DAY 1 AFTER FINDING THE BITE!! We didn't wait! I had loads of abx in the closet, just in case, as I had been sick before her. I got some from a dentist friend of mine...

I don't know what to tell you, but what I keep doing is the photon therapy, in case I suspect lyme. It does not destroy the gut of the kid, and it is the most effective way to keep lyme dormant, in our case.

We get bitten still today, every year, more than a couple of times a year.... For the last 5 years, we are lyme free. This month is the 5th year anniversary (May). You can contact me for more info, if you'd like.

Amoxi is really too little to treat, even preventative. At least, for our ticks here in Switzerland, Germany and Belgium!!! They are too dirty, too infected to react with amoxi only.

What does the doctor suggest?

My daughter just turned 11 now....

But after all these years treating her bites without abx (I would also add some strong oils ON the bite, like peppermint, or a slice of garlic taped on it.... I learned that with a dr. K's practioner), I wouldn't go the abx route either (due to her food allergies, gut problems etc)...

I do have doxi at home (we got it from another dentist), but I am almost sure it will remain closed in the box, until it expires....

If you give your kid amoxi only, add Ledum C100 1x week, then Hipericum C100 another day x week for at least a month (if not two)...

It's pretty strong, but if you don't have access to energy testing, that is what some homeopaths here in Europe use. They even use the C200, even stronger!!!

The Aurum arsenicosum is not a bad idea either. All these homeopathic remedies do not cost much, and cannot do harm...

I would trust a combination of amoxi with homeopathics MUCH MORE than giving only amoxi and waiting.... Amoxi did practically nothing to my daughter and still destroyed her gut.

I would also test Penicilum nosodes from Sanum, and give the kid daily, if they test energetically. I mean, in case I do not have the chance to have my photon device...

And CERTAINLY, I would add Borrelia nosodes, in D dilutions.

Of course, when one uses many products, one will probably need help to sort out when and which potencies to take... I'm so used to these procedures that I do all on my own, just using energy testing...

The infectious part of lyme is the easiest to treat, in my opinion. What is hard to treat is what is dumping our immune systems down the drain, how to treat multiple allergies, a bad gut symbiosis, bad mineral absorption etc...

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I just remembered: one natural plant that kills widespectrum is garlic.

And the MOST POTENT product I ever tried is FREEZE garlic capsules, from dr. K. Google Biopure or something like that, you may find it.

Freeze garlic capsules, when open in water, do not taste as bad as it smells. I added some honey to my daughter, in warm water, then dissolved the freeze garlic.

Normal garlic supplements are very weak, it's no comparison with these freeze garlic, in my experience. So, in case of doubt, just give your kid that. I had to pay my daughter with some presents in the beginning, as she was too small and hated the smell.........

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a one page document with official guidelines for treating children. She can take it to the doctor and they can see it is a doctor`s recommendations, not just a mother wanting meds.

https://sites.google.com/site/getitrighttreatthebite/ticks/treat-the-bite/tick-bite--children-treatment

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you very much for all your input, Brussels!

Thanks for the link to the document, Tincup!

I appreciate all of your help.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement