LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone feel really in a dream, anxious 24/7?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone feel really in a dream, anxious 24/7?
Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaseyyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a while i began to cut down my celexa. Then the anxiety, weird head feeling, feeling like i am really slow and not totally here came back. It was still already there, but maybe i do need an antidepressant to help? Like heaing people talk seems kind of loud and very irritating to me, i feel so spaced out, and like i am in a dream. Kind of like my face is numb yet it is not numb. kinda dizzy, lightheaded like. Not sure if it is fully derealization, but not sure.

Should i test myself for heavy metals? I found a hair test kit. mri's are always normal. Nerve problems can't cause this right? Like anything pressing on a nerve, stuff like that show in an mri? It's a scary feeling and it's been with me for a year. Sometimes better than other times. Can the only things that could cause this are tick illnesses, thyroid/adrenal, heavy metals, other toxins really? I also wanted to get blood flow checked, maybe a pet scan or mra / mri with contrast.

I just wanted to know if anyone else ever feels this way. It's like i can't fully connect with anything.

Posts: 315 | From Allentown | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are all common lyme symptoms.

Here are a couple of threads where people talk about feeling disconnected, etc.:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/131032?#000000

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=128225;p=0#000002

Get some good, aggressive lyme treatment and it should go away.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaseyyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it unlikely to be ear related if there's no vertigo or hear loss? What about perilymph fistula?
Posts: 315 | From Allentown | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

Has anyone used zeolite for metals? Is it safe?
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: "Is it unlikely to be ear related if there's no vertigo or hear loss?"

Absolutely could be "ear" related in dealing with the vestibular system. And you do say that you are "kinda dizzy". But, it would still likely lead right back to lyme.

Our ears, middle & inner ear system -- and the way our brain works with that whole vestibular system can be very much involved even without vertigo or hearing loss. There can be many sensations that are due to balance issues that are not quite vertigo but have us feeling out of sorts.

you say that: hearing "people talk seems kind of loud and very irritating to me . . . "

that is called hyperacusis & adrenal dysfunction

the whole package very much a lyme symptom.

With treatment - proper treatment that directly targets lyme / TBD & supports adrenal function & liver - this usually resolves. More detail:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS

OTOTOXIC DRUGS should be considered, too. See the links here.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Many of your symptoms also point to adrenal issues that are lyme related. Again, with proper treatment that directly affects infection, along with support, many report improvement.

There is hope but along the way, it's important to understand what happens when the adrenal system is in danger and what we need to do about it:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Most recent post regarding lyme, itself, you write:

" . . .positive igM and some specific igG bands, and one that might mean you've had the infection for at least a year (band 31) . . ."

Yet, most of your past posts have sort of been trying to talk yourself out of lyme, even with so much that clearly points to it. I'm so sorry to say this but grasping at other straws now can serve to be a huge distraction.

Have you found an ILADS educated LLMD yet?

Is there anyway you will be able to start treating soon? Until lyme is actually addressed, all the support methods in the world can help just so much.

Have you connected with your local lyme support group yet?

If you are trying to figure out all the other reasons for symptoms other than lyme, due to lack of treatment options, that's understandable. Still, please connect with a local support group who may be able to help guide you.

There are also various ways to address lyme but just patching the symptoms could go on forever if the real cause is not directly addressed. And, there is always some way to do that, even if it's not just clear right now.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many Lyme patients need an anti-depressant until the Lyme is under control.

Weaning off (if you so choose to do so) MUST be done VERY VERY SLOWLY and under a Dr's supervision.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.panp.org/members

Find a naturopathic physician - there are a few near Allentown.

one aspect of mood Rx can be the side effects. Many Rx in this category are toxic to the ears and then can cause what you describe due to that.

So, it's a double edged sword sometimes. Mood help is needed to get through all this but when the side effects cause issues that can be too much, too.

So, be sure to read from the manufacturer's direct information about any possible side effects. Sometimes, side effects can be anxiety, etc. from drugs that are supposed to help.

If you feel it's helping great. But if you don't feel it is, listen to how YOUR body is responding.

Also check as to if it is an ototoxic drug. See the end of the Tinnitus thread for how to do that.

And then Google search the specific Rx you take for any side effects but try to find independent sources of this kind of reporting.

A good ND, even if not LL, can help you get past these bumpy patches. As LymeToo cautions, if you make any changes to any kind of mood Rx, it must be VERY, VERY slow and steady. And only with a doctor's watchful guidance.

A ND will be able to help with a transition. Best if they are LL, still, for now, if there is a ND near you, it's a start until you can find a LLMD / LL ND.

and MAGNESIUM may be able to help in some very good ways, too.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set
-

Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

The things that are making me wonder are: heavy metals and gluten sensitivity, and i read ammonia can also cause problems? I am debating on trying zeolite for heavy metals, i already have chlorella but am lazy with it. And maybe a hair test to look at heavy metals, and am considering entero lab. It would be VERY hard for me to go gluten free.

I appreciate your comments keebler. Maybe i am thinking lyme is not a possibility, but i think that is because i took meds for almost 3 months and felt no different i dont think, and i dont remember any huge herx like people talk about. Some people say they feel improvement at 2 months and i didnt really, but different medications could work differently for everyone, right?

Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

I reduced the dosage very slowly but think i will stay on it. should i go to an ent or just assume it is lyme / anxiety / other possible toxins?

I already talked to an llmd but they made it sound like it was so expensive for not having a severe case. I am stuck between two doctors and would like to know if anyone knows of the one but i cannot mention the name :/

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me 18 months to feel any better AT ALL when I was in Lyme treatment.

I didn't know you were off treatment. Why not try herbs and see how you feel?

Living Clay is similar to zeolite and I like it for removing toxins.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

Has anyone done the cortisol saliva testing?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I did.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel like I'm in a dream, but I do feel anxious 24/7...far more anxiety that I've ever had. I just want to hide and not face anything because everything makes me so anxious. I really don't want to go on an anti-anxiety because that stuff gives me major insomnia and I have enough trouble sleeping!

I did a lot of IV heavy metal chelation last year and I can honestly say that I didn't feel any different.

Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets skip all the bull**** and give you some real truth,, and im sorry,, but it dont go away,, welcome to the real meaning of hell,, 6 years strait, of this neurological mind ****,,im sorry but its the truth

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement