LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What do you take for sleep?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you take for sleep?
fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking Trazadone for a year, but it seems like it's effectiveness is wearing off. I want to ask doc for something different. What works for you? None of the herbals have worked for me in the past (unfortunately).
Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was sick, I took Lunesta and Lyrica (100 mg at night) for sleep.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ambien .. and melatonin.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT

HABITS discussed here, too, and why your cell phone can destroy sleep if it's anywhere near you.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chardbokchoy
Member # 45383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chardbokchoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried "Zen" by Allergy REsearch group? I know that you'd mentioned herbals not working for you, but this formulation might help if you haven't tried it yet.

Melatonin didn't always work for me, but this Zen drug does when I take it mid-late afternoon between meals.

It has GABA and L-Theanine in it.

Posts: 35 | From Eastern U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melatonin 10 mg sometimes unisom or tyl pm

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melatonin 5 mg, Lyrica 50 mg, sometimes 1/2 a .5 Xanax.

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoeless joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have severe insomnia problems with restlessness and nightmares,its brutal. L theanine -200 mg and 5htp(now brand)4-600 mg really help. You don't want to take 5htp if you are on an antidepressant.

It can be tough on the stomach to but not to bad,take with some food. You can feel them relax you within a half hour. I find they where off in about 4 hours but I will take anything that helps.

Liquid melatonin helped me to go to sleep but then I realized there was sugar in it, not good for me with yeast.

Breaking up the paragraph for easier reading for many here -

[ 05-18-2015, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 227 | From fairhaven ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlesprout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlesprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Lunesta. Sleep like a normal person. Melatonin didn't work, nor valerian/herbs.
Posts: 315 | From USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 25mg benadryl and if that's not enough, I up it to 50mg. Both OTC and Rx.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lunesta was good. It made me sleep as good as Ambien CR, but it did quickly start lowering my immune level. It's a side effect, just be aware.

I have thankfully been off Rx sleep pills for a few months and am so relieved. Still have some trouble getting and staying asleep, but not bad.

I take 5-HTP with supper, and then before bedtime 3 grams of l-glycine (Had originally used Glysom, but it is much cheaper buying l-glycine. It's the same thing.), Nature Made Melatonin Plus (which also contains l-theanine, and a couple herbs in low dose), and a Wild Jujube Complex pill, and an extra 5mg dosage of melatonin (separately).

This seems to be working pretty well right now. The extra melatonin was added recently, and that seems to be working better than adding Valerian. But I still add valerian if I'm still having trouble.

I know, it sounds like a lot, but I like this better than the pharma sleep meds. But even with the Ambien, I still had to add most of the above or the Ambien wouldn't work very well.

I have found 5-HTP to work better than tryptophan. If I remember correctly, the body has to convert the tryptophan to 5-HTP before it can cross the blood brain barrier.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement