LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can Doxy mess up your equilibrium/balance?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Doxy mess up your equilibrium/balance?
lolo
Member # 43186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have finally gotten a grip on the sun thing, and the stomach thing with Doxy.

I would like to stick with it as I have days when my brain is crystal clear since being on it.

Now I get a feeling of being off balance. I have heard people say it makes them dizzy, but that isn't how I would describe what I am experiencing.

I am fumbly and stumbly, if that makes any sense

I can't decide what I should do. For those who have been on it and had balance problems, does it go away?

Posts: 51 | From Albuquerque | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yes. It can affect equilibrium / balance.

What is your liver support? That may need to be adjusted to help more.

GINGER capsules, too. See the Tinnitus / Ear thread here for additional detail on how to help with inner ear issues:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful. I would put a call in to your LLMD.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolo
Member # 43186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok well its good to know its a side effect of the doxy and not some other lyme thing.

Why would it be any more necessary to contact doc than when I got a bad sun reaction, or when it made me throw up before I understood I needed to eat something?

Aren't they just side effects that one could possibly get while on Doxy?

I'm waiting for someone to come on who has taken it and stuck with and experienced the balance thing…….did it go away?

I will check in with my doc though.

It comes and goes. Now my brain is back to feeling crystal clear
Such a wonderful feeling to have some of my brain function again.

I take ginger every day.

Is that what it is an inner ear issue?

The doxy has helped me much more than any other ABX I have been on. Lung congestion is gone and sinus congestion too.

And it may be wishful thinking, but I think my Bart feet are better.

Posts: 51 | From Albuquerque | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Why is it necessary / important / suggested to contact your doctor?

Because none of us here are doctors. None of us is YOUR doctor. That's the simple answer.

No matter how much study we've done (mostly because we've HAD to), each of us offers a little tiny picture as to what we think might be going on -- or has for us.

And, I'm thinking that LymeToo picked up on your saying you are " fumbly and stumbly" - and I just didn't have the energy to address that earlier.

So, some of the symptoms you experience may be neither side effects nor a herx -- they may be but maybe not (especially as they were not evident right away after starting the Rx).

So, with a weekend coming up, tomorrow would be a good day to check in with your doctor's office. your doctor will also know all the Rx you are taking.

Likely, your liver support needs some adjusting.

You didn't get overheated, I assume or you might have said so but do be mindful that you may be much more sensitive to heat that prior to lyme.

Oh, if your balance is compromised, it's best to not drive - and be very careful walking when you are near the curb -- stand back from it when waiting, etc. More detail on safety & balance in the thread.

One reason driving can be off kilter is that when something passes your field of vision, if you have balance issues, that can be triggered by sudden visual or even scent cues (exhaust, fumes from a hot road, etc.).

Avoid scents yourself as they can make the inner ear do flips, too. Lemon or mint, though, if the real things, can help clear some strong scents.

Good luck. Take care.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement