LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lymetoo & others, Essential Oils Question(s)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lymetoo & others, Essential Oils Question(s)
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymetoo & anyone else with experience with essential oils,

I remember that you posted recently about your use of essential oils and that you became too sensitive to them to use them anymore.

I am now using them topically 4 times per day, 1 drop each of 4 different oils, for nerve repair and the horrible pain of the CRPS. They help enormously to cope with the pain

I'm diluting them, of course, albeit maybe I should dilute them more. I am preparing to try to take them internally, with GREAT care, of course. 3 drops in a 00 capsule, diluted with coconut oil.

Actually, I will start with only 1 drop, of course. It's 3 different oils, hence the # of drops.

But maybe I am running the risk of becoming so sensitive to them that I couldn't even use them externally. Please give me your experience and words of wisdom on this.

I am between a rock and a hard place with a level of pain that is driving me practically insane. The only meds that help at all are neurontin, and sometimes (try not to) oxycontin. But at the point of relief, I'm blotto, which scares me a lot.

I don't take any meds during the day, as I can't risk being any more out of it than I already am from the brain fog, compromised balance, etc.

Using them externally is essential at this point to surviving the pain, so maybe I shouldn't risk it internally, because I might become too sensitive to them.

I have no idea how I am going to survive this CRPS pain, which gets horribly worse with any attempt to get over it via exercise (extremely slowly and carefully), let alone prolotherapy, which I

desperately need to repair all the damage to ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, fascia. But it makes the CRPS horrifically worse.

Thank you, guys!!!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's the chicken and egg thing for me. Which came first??

Salicylate sensitivity is what I now have. Was it caused by eating too many "healthy" foods and slathering oils (full of salicylates) on myself... or was I born with the salicylate sensitivity and the sensitivity and just went haywire?

Truthfully, I think LYME caused it for me, but the oils and green smoothies, etc may have really ramped it up in my case.

Perhaps you do not have the same sensitivity?

I think ingesting the oils can be risky .. so perhaps you could continue using them on your skin.

I can't imagine doing prolotherapy in your case!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Lymetoo,

Yeah, on the prolotherapy (or much else to get through the CRPS), I'm between a rock and a hard place!!! I have so much severe damage to all the tissues at the sitz bones on both sides, and the

whole back of the thigh & buttock on the right side, that the tissues are extremely inelastic. The only thing that will rebuild those tissues is prolotherapy (and neurofascal prolotherapy for the body of the

mucles/fascia/nerve damage). But there is no way I can do that now. I'm still suffering horribly from the prolo treatment from 5 weeks ago that made it so I can't sit ever without unreal

spreading, worsening pain for a long, long time.

As it is, I will have to slowly, slowly exercise to get over it, with horrifying pain at every step of the way. When I try to do very gentle ROM, the tissues actually tear, they are so inelastic from

the darned scar tissue. Getting that worked on would help break up the scar tissue, but that, also, puts the pain through the roof for many, many days!! am afraid I am going to have to white knuckle it for a very long

time. Eventually, I will need the prolo again, but even if I get this in remission, that could bring it all back all over again. Truly terrible situation, as there are so many complicating factors.

On ingesting the oils, I think that I better not risk it, as if I become sensitive to them, I will be finished without that for pain relief, which only lasts for 2 hours, if I am extremely lucky.

It is so hard to get only 1 drop out at a time on the bottles. One oil is hard to get it out at all. But the rest, it is impossible to get only 1 drop out at a time. Tough!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you end up with two drops, just add more carrier oil. Should help??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently watched an essential oils summit and posted notes about their use for pain.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/35048#000003

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RainbowHope
Member # 42858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RainbowHope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumigirl ~

How did you make out with the oils. I use oils and herbs for treatment, and wanted to see how you made out.

Posts: 27 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started DoTerra oils also. I love them. Doing the lyme protocol and only using them on the bottom of my feet at night right now. only on day 4.

How has it helped everyone???

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all brands of oils are meant to be ingested. If you are not sure, use topically with a carrier oil.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband took an empty bottle and puts the same amount of each kind of oil in a bottle to mix it up. Then he can start out with only 1 drop of the mixture.
Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly recommend NOT taking them internally. Just my opinion based off experience,
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by canefan17:
I highly recommend NOT taking them internally. Just my opinion based off experience,

What happened canefan?

I haven't taken the oils internally, as I need to be able to use them externally at least. Sadly, they mainly help for 1 1/2-2 hours as a "counter-irritant/anesthetic sort of, along with rx pain cream that has ketamine in it.

The ketamine isn't absorbed systemically. I'm extremely senstitive to meds and don't feel anthing from the pain cream other than locally.

The CRPS pain is so horrific, I don't think the oils are helping any more than as a temporary help for pain relief.

I've used essential oils before, but not in a long time, and not so much.

The oils I have are ok to ingest, and there is a formula using 3 of these orally that is called "the morphine bomb." It's supposed to be very effective for pain. But I haven't tried it, as I didn't want to risk a reaction from using them too much..

There isn't anything that really takes this horrific pain away. Mainly I take Neurontin late at night. But all any meds do is make me so out of it, I notice the pain less, but it's still there. Unless I take a lot of neurontin, lie exactly right, and don't move!

Sorry to go off topic.

RainbowHope
Member # 42858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RainbowHope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using oils and herbs for a few months, and after 18 years of feeling really bad at points, I feel like I am getting my life back.

I work with a Lyme doc that works with many different treatment methods, one of them being oils.

Glad to hear I am not alone in this treatment. :-)

Posts: 27 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RainbowHope
Member # 42858

Rumigirl,

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Do you know which part of your illness is causing it?

I get pain in different places at times, and based on which remedies take the pain away I have been able to figure out which coinfection is causing which pain.

I hope you find something that works for you.

msdixie
Member # 46254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for msdixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a long bout with scabies over a year ago. Interestingly , I had to use clove oil ( about four drops with a tablespooon of a carrier oil like baby oil ) on my skin to kill scabies. The clove oil worked WELL on scabies, but most interesting was the fact that I started feeling better with my lyme sysmptoms !!

I just got out my clove oil again and started using it two nights ago ? Results? HERXING !!!

I am hoping I get the same improvement with lyme symptoms as I did a year ago. This makes sense that it would kill parasites and bacteria. Clove oil contains a potent ingredient called eugenol.

I am going to add some other oils slowly to my mix that are antibacterial and anti parasitical. My energy level was the best I have had when I was using the clove oil for the scabies a year ago. I am supposing it was killing more than the scabies.

If you try this, be warned it is potent and will cause a TRUE herx die off .

Posts: 19 | From Al | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Rumigirl .. My friend who has CRPS is being helped immensely by a new laser therapy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

RainbowHope
Member # 42858

msdixie, yes - I use oils, and you are right! They pack a real punch.

I write about the oils I use (not brands) on my blog. I am not sure if it is okay to post links to posts as I have just started posting (vs. lurking).

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No, you may not post links to sites where you make money. You'll need to delete that, Rainbow.

If there are NO sales on the site, it can remain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

RainbowHope
Member # 42858

I do not write about brands at all. Thank you for the clarification.
RainbowHope
Member # 42858

And there are no sales. It is not a store, just a personal blog. :-)
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Got it!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

msdixie
Member # 46254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for msdixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rainbow, How did you start with this oil protocol?

Can you give readers a brief outline of how you worked the rotation ? Which botanical oils did you start with and how much of each? Internally consumed or topically applied ?

How long did you do this routine before you started feeling better?

Posts: 19 | From Al | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RainbowHope
Member # 42858

msdixie,

I use the protocol under the direction of my Lyme doc.

It is a combination of six oils.

After 18 years of falling apart, I started feeling better after a week. I will say that I was already on herbs, and adding the oils seemed to be that missing piece that pushed the healing forward.

Yes, I herx, but because I can control the amounts of each oil, I can easily back off or step up treatment as needed. I like having the flexibility. :-)

[ 08-12-2015, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: RainbowHope ]

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When in active treatment for Lyme and coinfections, I used a cocktail of essential oils for support. They helped immensely.

--------------------
Faithful

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msdixie
Member # 46254

Thank you Rainbow . Do you still take these ? In other words, do you stay on a maintenance program?

How many drops of each of these were you able to work up to daily ? Did you put them in a carrier oil in a gelatin capsule?

This makes sense because many of these kill BOTH bacteria and parasites and some are also antifungal.

I have read other blogs about lyme patients taking these oils internally in capsules with olive or coconut oil . It is believed that clove oil kills parasite eggs . The interesting approach with this is the wide variety of pathogens that can be targeted and the fact that this is a CHEAP approach .

Did you have any problems with gut issues? I read a blog about one person who ran into gut problems and then switched to using the oils externally. I am using he clove oil externally and can attest to a difficult (!!!) herx with only four drops mixed in baby oil or lotion.

faithful777
Member # 22872

quote:
Originally posted by RainbowHope:

Not true. Your blog clearly is signing up people to buy from you. You must delete this link from your profile page.

--------------------
Faithful

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by faithful777:
quote:
Originally posted by RainbowHope:

Not true. Your blog clearly is signing up people to buy from you. You must delete this link from your profile page.
-
Hmmm... I looked and didn't see that!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement