LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Any women have experience with natural progesterone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any women have experience with natural progesterone?
fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started using Pro-Gest this month because I have estrogen dominance symptoms that get worse and worse every month. This month, I'm suddenly in more pain than ever before (it's now the week before my period). Does anyone know if this is normal when starting a natural progesterone cream? I can't think of any other changes this month that would cause the pain level to increase suddenly.

I've taken oral wild yam before on a doctor's recommendation and that didn't cause me any pain. (The Pro-gest is Wild Yam based)

Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some of that and I don't use it regularly enough to have noticed any pain!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sorry to hear of this. Check the authenticity of it (be sure it IS the real thing), call the company if you are not sure after checking the photo on their website to see if your label has any irregularities.

the expiration date.

Has it been stored in heat (as old oils can harm us, even on our skin)? Did you get it through a vendor who might have not stored it properly? Was it shipped to you in very hot weather anywhere along the route?

Was the seal intact before you opened it?

I used Pro-Gest many years ago and it helped me feel much better, nearly immediately. Still, after checking all the basic questions call the company and talk to them - ask if they've received any such reports.

If the product appears to be real, then call your doctor and convey your experience as you likely need a different formula for your body.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never had any pain with mine, use it all the time. It only makes me much better. Could be the brand as Keebler mentioned?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good questions Keebler...I bought from Amazon. Can't imagine they store anything properly!
Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brand itself is supposed to be very good... don't know about Amazon!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Actually, you can call Amazon or look into it but my impression is that the Amazon warehouses are climate controlled within a certain temperature range. You could find out, though, for certain but they are so on top of how things are moved and stored there - so well organized.

But just because we buy something from Amazon does not mean it even comes from then. Look and see on the exact page you ordered from as to the supplier.

Where it says: sold by _____ & ships from _____ . This matters.

Still, in summer, the shipping can be hot, of course. Most products are formulated to take that in mind but some are just more sensitive. I try not to buy any oils on line during warm months.

I also like to buy directly from the manufacturer for items that are heat sensitive so they are not out there ping-ponging around.

The question is where does it come from before it gets to Amazon.

It may come from the 1st party (the manufacturer) and to to Amazon as the 2nd party.

If it comes from a 3rd party to Amazon and not the direct manufacturer, that's another matter to consider. There are 3rd party suppliers that can be all over the map with credibility.

And another possibility is that it may be ordered on Amazon's site and shipped from a different vendor. Amazon may not even touch it.

And is it real?

There are counterfeit products and even Rx everywhere. It's something we should check for everything we get, just to be sure.

Be sure to look over that jar for all the exact features as on their direct website for the mfr. of Pro-Gest, not other vendor sites.

Really, though, start with the Pro-Gest parent company themselves, just call them or email and you might even get a reply over the weekend.

Likely, all is well with the product and the formula is just not a good fit for you. I hope you've stopped using it (or - after determining authenticity - maybe just gave it a second try after a day or two off).

Your doctor should be able to help you find a formula that works.

In the meantime, with pain, a weekend -- magnesium and fish oil are usually helpful.

Liver support is also key (but not intense "detox" - rather, gentle support). I hope you feel better today.
-

[ 06-13-2015, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used it for years under a doctor's supervision and have had it compounded from a compounding pharmacy and have never had any pain. I used creams many years ago and then switched to sublingual tablets around 1994.

If you are not doing this under the supervision of a doctor, I suggest that you do. It's important that your levels be tested and monitored regularly. Hormones are powerful agents and should not be self administered.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.G.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.G.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took compounded progesterone capsules (capsule form to help me sleep too- didn't know the capsule form turned into a barbiturate in the brain! [dizzy] ) and noticed more body pain and pretty bad breast soreness. I had the worst PMS time ever during those mos.

My PCP thinks it was building up in my system each month. So by the PMS time I had way too much progesterone and was miserable.

This cycle, I'm on no progesterone and the breast pain is gone.

I'm supposed to begin a low dose cream during days 12-25 next cycle.

Posts: 115 | From US | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement