LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » chronic chlamydia pneumonia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chronic chlamydia pneumonia
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have insights or experience with chronic or recurring chlamydia pneumonia?

I first came down with this over a year ago, and have had recurring asthma symptoms since. After a worsening of asthma sx this spring, LLMD again tested me for chlamydia pneunomia and it came back positive again.

He said the results indicate a new infection, but I'm wondering if it has been there chronically all along. This is all while I've been on biaxin, which *should* have done away with it.

He wants me to do a 10 day course of Levaquin now (yes I'm aware of s/e of that drug class, willing to do it). Any insights on how to get rid of this??? thanks!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I suggest you do the Burrascano weightlifting requirement. It will boost your immune system and end this problem. See my other post to you saying the same thing.

I did the weightlifting even when I took 30 days of Levaquin to kill bart. Just be on the look-out for any pain beginning in tendons. Stop levaquin as soon as you notice anything like that.

Wish you the best.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good idea. I was doing pretty well with yoga for a while, then had to stop due to trouble with breathing/asthma, probably all caused by the c. pneumonia. So circular.

And now I've gotten out of the routine. It's a good reminder to get back to the exercising. thanks!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

what do you think I should start at? 3 lbs? 5?
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to lift light enough weights that you can continue lifting for one continuous hour.

So, lift what you can lift for say 5 minutes without stopping. After that lift, go to another machine and do it for 5-10 minutes.

Switch back and forth so that you do upper body for 30 minutes and lower body for 30 minutes.

Do arms, chest, back, abs, and legs. Include some crunches and various types of arm and leg weights.

You need a full body workout each time.

So, on some machines you can likely lift 20 lbs, on some machines less, etc. On a leg press, for example, you can likely press 20 pounds with no problem.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
10 days' treatment of chronic Cpn will not be long enough. It's nearly a twin sort of treatment regime to lyme, really.

The IgA is the test for chronic, though, so check to see what kind of test you had done.

More detail here:

www.cpnhelp.org

Cpn HELP

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
That said, I would NEVER take Levaquin, ever, even for a new, acute case of anything. You said you are aware of some questions about it. In case you want to review the range.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131279;p=0

Fluoroquinolones (Levaquin, Cipro, etc.) - LINKS set

For a more detailed look into this topic, it's alarming that so many have experienced devastating effects. It's not unusual at all.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
If you are having asthma symptoms, I'd stay out of the gym. So many chemicals, scents, sprays, powders.

Better to get your own light weights and set up a place to do gentle pilates or Qi Gong on your own, out of doors or at a good friend who has good clean air.
-

WPinVA
Member # 33581

The CPNhelp link is great - thank you so much! Depressing, but better to know.

IgG and IgA were normal. IgM was elevated.

LLMD said that indicates a new infection. Is that right? He's very good but his specialty is Lyme, so not sure how familiar he is with CPN.

Also, I have low IGG so I'm wondering if I just am not able to mount the expected level of antibodies.

[ 07-04-2015, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: WPinVA ]

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Well now I have the script for Levaquin but am unsure whether to take it because I actually feel pretty good on "just" Biaxin/Ceftin. Thoughts?
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Do you have precautions on hand to take prior, during and afterward? Have you been able to research whether any precautions can greatly minimize the serious risks?

For a new acute Cpn infection, direct treatment is important with treatment that is strong enough to really do the job. It's just that the risk of getting floxxed requires study & planning.

Not sure if the other two will do what you need, even if you do feel better - while that's good, there is more to clobbering infections from the get-go than that.

Also, if you take it, be sure not to go stretching, lifting, twisting, driving much of a distance or sitting still long periods of time, either. You'll need to be very clear on body mechanics self preservation not just during but for quite a while afterward.
-

WPinVA
Member # 33581

What's giving me the most pause is that I've been having heart palpitations for a while now and Levaquin apparently increases the risk of that.

Also, Biaxin, which I'm on does too.

So confused - I need something to address the c. pnemonia but the drugs that seem to do that also increase palpitations, which I'm having and which are FREAKING ME OUT.

WPinVA
Member # 33581

I decided to go off of Biaxin to see if it helps reduce heart palpitations. Nervous tho because I think it was controlling the C. pnemonia.

Retook blood test for c. pnemonia today. Original result was so strange showing a new infection when I actually don't feel sick.

LLMD offered doxy or mino as a replacement for Biaxin. Think I'm going to take him up on it.

WPinVA
Member # 33581

I just had another test come back positive. Lab was supposed to run a test for chlamydia pneumonia to confirm prior positive finding, and they ran the wrong one - but it too came back positive!!! Ugh.

Second positive was for chlamydia trachomatous, which apparently can cause pulmonary issues but it's unusual.

LLMD referred me to an infectious disease doctor. Which was also v. surprising.

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh...i can't take levaquin and cipro...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

I have been on mino for the past week for the CPN infection and lung sx have been improving.

However, now I'm unsteady on my feet and kind of dizzy. I have this strange full feeling in my head. Sde effects from the mino?

I hate being so sensitive to all of these meds. Wondering if I push through if this will go away, or if I need to stop it?

tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mino made me vert dizzy at first it did pass though

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You may need different liver support to help your ears - to protect against the ototoxic properties of minocycline.

For some, that passes or improves. Some cannot tolerate minocycline, though, but the most important thing is that

liver support MUST be as good as possible to help protect ears / inner ear / vestibular system from damage. Do not push a harsh detox, though, it needs to be very good steady liver / kidney support.

B6 seems to also help.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You can read more about minocycline and the inner ear in the Tinnitus thread that is within this set, too:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Thanks! I can't tell if it's the mino or the dysautonomia given the extreme heat we have here. I skipped the mino this AM and took two thermatabs (1 more than usual) and am improving.

If it's the mino, it took over a week to kick in so it would make sense if it's a toxicity issue -- perhaps it just took that much time to build up. My herx'es usually come much sooner than this.

I have a message into my LLMD to see if he wants me to try to push through with the mino or switch to Levaquin...

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Uh . . . "switch to Levaquin..." ?

Whoa, Nelly ! Much worse risks involved in that. Please do not even consider that. There have got to be better choices that don't have such high risk.

I've not checked but levaquin could also be on the ototoxic list. (Web search: "Rx name" Bauman, ototoxic)

First, though, and why IMO this drug should never be given unless absolutely life threatening reason and then zero other option:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131279;p=0

Fluoroquinolones (Levaquin, Cipro, Gemifloxacin / Factive, etc.) - LINKS set

For a more detailed look into this topic, it's alarming that so many have experienced devastating effects. It's not unusual at all.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I hate to imply that there is ever a safe way to take Fluoroquinolones. However, if there may be some particular support methods to possibly lessen risk, a naturopathic doctor might best know.

But that would have to come in advance. After the fact, there may be nothing that can reverse damage. Some things may help but no guarantee.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Do you know someone with a rife machine? Might you be able to possibly consider getting one for yourself? Just consider.
-

WPinVA
Member # 33581

I am open to rife, but I don't know anyone with a rife machine. how would one go about getting started?

This would all be longer term though... no way I can get it going quickly enough to get rid of the acute cpn infection. for now I am on levaquin.

I could NOT tolerate the dizziness with mino.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement