LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My experience with MMS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My experience with MMS
lymeonade2015
Member # 45611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeonade2015     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided to try MMS (chlorine dioxide) a couple of days ago. I really wanted this to work - I had read that it can dissolve biofilms and attack lyme. I took 3 drops and felt dizzy / tired for the next few hours. Then, I had a horrible hangover the next day and my brain felt like mush. The day after that, a small hangover and my brain still feels like mush plus a pounding headache. I'm hoping my brain will return to normal in a few days? I can still taste it in my throat.

None of my herxes have felt like this.

I don't know if MMS works for anything else but I do NOT recommend taking this for lyme. Even if it did kill lyme I wouldn't touch it again.

Thanks,

Posts: 69 | From NYC | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did you try 3 drops instead of half a drop like it is usually recommended?

Anyway, during lyme I couldn't stand HALF A DROP either and didn't take it for lyme.

After my lyme was gone, i can stand even 20 drops without any herxes whatsoever...

During lyme, my tummy got so painful with MMS, even this half drop.

I guess, like cats claw, if you start with a high dose (3 drops is high for starting), you will have the same reaction: pretty bad herxes!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It nearly ate my stomach.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You too Tutu??

FOr me it was horrible too, I mean, my stomach.

Then lyme went dormant, I tried it again not so long ago. I felt nothing in my stomach!

I increased the dosage, I even could take about 20 drops at once. The taste is HORRIBLE, but the pain was ZERO!!

It did help my kidney infection, but it didn't SOLVE it for good. My fever went down, the infection got knocked, but not completely.

But anyway, it's funny that during lyme I had such a strong tummy pain with it!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymeonade2015:
I took 3 drops and felt dizzy / tired for the next few hours. Then, I had a horrible hangover the next day and my brain felt like mush. The day after that, a small hangover and my brain still feels like mush plus a pounding headache. I'm hoping my brain will return to normal in a few days? I can still taste it in my throat.

None of my herxes have felt like this.

I don't know if MMS works for anything else but I do NOT recommend taking this for lyme. Even if it did kill lyme I wouldn't touch it again.

Ha Ha Ha!

I'm sorry I laughed, but that stuff is nasty, and strong! You described my experience almost to a tee.

My personal opinion is that for most people trying to take it for lyme, it is actually hitting babesia, and that would explain your reaction.

It is still used, and originally "developed" for treating malaria deep in the bush in Africa (not by doctors, as it's too controversial).

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeonade2015
Member # 45611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeonade2015     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no stomach issues, fortunately. My headache / brain freeze has lasted several days, though. It gets a little better each day.

For some reason whenever I try taking something it takes like a week for it to clear my system. My liver and kidney tests came back completely healthy. After even just one alcoholic beverage I feel hungover the next day. This started before I got lyme I still don't know whats going on.

Posts: 69 | From NYC | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymeonade2015:
After even just one alcoholic beverage I feel hungover the next day. This started before I got lyme I still don't know whats going on.

-

That's usually a sign of yeast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Funny the liver tests came perfectly well.

Hungover till the next day: this is so common too, with almost everyone with lyme. I couldn't even sip a glass of wine during lyme. After lyme, I can take glasses of wine without trouble.

3 drops = massive herxes, in my opinion. People with lyme shouldn't start with strong doses. TNT is also right: it could have been hitting babesia and G. knows what else.

I treated a fungal infection with it, not long ago. It did hit it too (in my kidney), even though it didn't SOLVE it. My fever vanished after it. That is when I could take it in high doses.

Lyme treatment must be a bit of killers (right ones) and LOADS OF BINDERS, modulators, supplements. Really, the proportion can be 5% of killers to 95% of OTHER THINGS, so that you feel 'normal'.

If you don't do that, you may improve lightly in the beginning, but then your body will go backwards soon.

It can't deal with massive amounts of toxins, few lyme sufferers are super-men in that sense.

Just my opinion. We all start taking massive doses of killers, thinking that is what we need. WE do need killers, but if we ignore our detox organs (they need so much support), and taking binders, our lives get just miserable. And on top, we barely get any improvement in our load of infections.

On the contrary, they will thrive on a dirty body. A bit like what happens in you bathroom: corners are harder to clean: that is where mold and bacteria will happily grow!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement