LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A GREAT article about how to FIGHT INFLAMMATION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A GREAT article about how to FIGHT INFLAMMATION
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.seedingthefuture.co.za/archived-articles/81-interview-with-david-wolfe-by-dr-mercola-full-version.html?showall=1

A SHORT version of Dr. Mercola interviewing David Wolfe about INFLAMMATION (whole version in the link above):

David has spent the last 20 years dedicating his life to the experience of understanding, basically, how your body works: the chemistry and the mechanics of your body.

He has lots of different passions related to health – such as organic superfoods, nutrition, herbalism, chocolate – and he is just an abundance of knowledge.

We are going to talk about some interesting topics today, primarily focused on INFLAMMATION.

---------------

Dr. Mercola: There are just so many resources that we have access to. And the sad reality of the situation is, as most people listening to this know, a good portion of this information is just actively – and, when I say actively, I mean ACTIVELY – SUPPRESSED ..

....by these multibillion dollar industries who really do not want you to know about this information, and really seek to discredit much of it, in most cases,...

.... because they would much prefer you to select and choose their very expensive, and nearly always potentially toxic side effects, of their DRUG solutions, and in some cases surgery.

David: We are in the middle of a revolution where we realize that natural approaches can be activated at home.

They activate self-healing. You can do this all in the comfort of your own home, with your own family.

There are no side effects, or the side effects are positive side effects. They are the side effects of improvement when things are starting to break up.

When we break up CALCIFICATION, for example, we are removing TOXINS. And sometimes that’s a little bit of a BUMPY RIDE.

But, we are overall improving, which is such an incredible thing because it brings hope. It brings hope into the picture: that things can get better, that there are natural approaches that work, and that we can eventually get back on our feet again, for example, if we are debilitated by INFLAMMATION.

David: Well, I really got turned on when I was about 18-years-old, when I realized I was allergic to dairy products.

When I say that, I am taking about the conventional, pasteurized, homogenized dairy product – that is in a plastic jug that is a gallon size – that we all bought at supermarkets.

I had very, very severe allergies, but never knew it.

I didn’t realize that the response that my body was giving me was, actually, a food allergy response.

So, once I realized this, it changed my whole direction and I began to study nutrition.

Now, I come from a family where both my Mom and Dad are medical doctors. I am very, very deeply embedded into the traditional medical system because I grew up in it.

I, literally, spent the last 22 year of my life neck-deep into the cutting edge of what is possible out there via all these aspects we are talking about: supplements, herbalism, food, superfoods, right positive thinking, etcetera.

David: If you are dealing with INFLAMMATION or chronic inflammatory response somewhere in your body, let’s say it’s in your knees or wherever it is, maybe it’s an OLD INJURY that keeps flaring up, I want to tell you about my personal case.

I was very severely injured when I was 19-years-old in an accident where I could not even do a pushup for ten years, it was that kind of an accident.

It was very, very debilitating, but I completely healed myself using natural approaches.

I had at least several dozen chiropractors, doctors, osteopaths tell me that I had a MECHANICAL problem with my spine that was causing chronic INFLAMMATION and PAIN , and 5 it turns out that YOGA helped me heal that completely. I can do everything today.

Be open. Be aware that solutions are out there.

David: I want to start off by talking about the BAREFOOT revolution.

I was just in Miami Beach, and everybody there was so excited to hear about walking the beach barefoot, and getting an hour and 20 minutes at least of walking barefoot in per day, if you can do that in your environment.

This is really, really powerful in terms of helping you deal with INFLAMMATION of the ankles, knees, hips, and, I would say, even lower back.

The SHOES itself it actually like a cast. It doesn’t allow our foot to articulate properly.

It also, and very importantly for INFLAMMATION, blocks the ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION of the earth, which actually has an ANTI-INFLAMMATORY effect.

This was shown by a good friend of mine, Mr. Clint Ober, who spent the last twelve years revealing this information through thirty different STUDIES.

The studies indicate we can just touch the earth with our bare feet or our bare skin, sit down on the grass, and the earth actually releases antiinflammatory electromagnetic radiation. This helps to draw off inflammation, in particular of our lower extremities: our feet, our ankles, knees, and hips.

MERCOLA: Lance used this technology of applying what Clint had discovered, but it was my understanding that it is NOT so much the ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION, but it’s the transfer of FREE ELECTRONS from the earth:

... the grounding effect that is really, in my understanding, one of the most POTENT ANTIOXIDANTS that we know of.

It just surpasses almost everything else.

It’s just this walking that you’ve mentioned that is so massively crucial, but we don’t do anymore because we’re encumbered by these foot casts.

DAVID: But, when we get into something like getting your shoes off and taking an hour and 20 minute walk, it’s simple.

It takes about 80 minutes for those free ELECTRONS to actually reach your BLOOD STREAM and transform your blood.

This is what Clint’s research has been showing. We actually did this at the Longevity Conference. We showed, within an hour and 20 minutes, how people’s BLOOD PROFILES CHANGED and improved just based on being grounded for an hour and 20 minutes.

That’s why I really encourage anybody that if you have that opportunity of any beach, lake, or creek, jump out there for 80 minutes per day, and get your walking in.

You can do all your phone calls and everything else while you are doing that.

Now, I do want to say this, if we are exposed to EMF RADIATION, and we are all day long – we have Wi-Fi, cell phones and computers – this does irritate our system.

It does have an INFLAMMATORY response in our system. We can help to alleviate that simply by getting outside, barefoot, touching the earth, and allowing that charge that has built up upon us to DISCHARGE into the earth.

That is the GROUNDING effect. “Ground” means that the ground, the earth, can ABSORB an infinite amount of that radiation that we are exposed to and that has been known, obviously, in electronics since the very beginning.

David: So, let’s jump into some of the interesting supplements that are out there, and foods.

For example, “take two and call me in the morning.”

The first one, for me, is MSM (methylsulfonylmethane).

Its discovery was based on the oxidation of DMSO – back decades ago, at this point.

And its ability to NEUTRALIZE inflammation is one of the great discoveries, and one of the least expensive discoveries in this field, ever.

It may be that the literal LOW PRICE of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) may be the reason why we don’t hear more about it.

It is so cheap, so easy. You just add it to your water or take some capsules and get going!

The record of MSM shows its power to break down something that is always, by the way, associated with chronic inflammatory conditions – namely, CALCIFICATION.

The production of bad calcium is in the muscle TISSUE , at the BONE level, in the TENDONS, or wherever it’s found.

For example, if it’s in the arteries, it’s called PLAQUE. These plaques are associated with being at the root CAUSE of INFLAMMATION.

And MSM DISSOLVES BAD CALCIUM in our system! It turns it into calcium sulfate and makes it soluble so we can actually excrete it.

It may even take bad calcium and turn it into good calcium, which can have a positive effect.

The dosage of MSM has to be, in the beginning, maybe 2500 mg per day. But really, we need to get up higher, to 5000 mg or 7500 mg, once we allow it to work on us.

It works on us over a period of months. We don’t ever want to start anything at a very high dosage.

Always be kind and gentle. Gently move into it. I have a good friend of mine now who is taking 30,000 mg of MSM for his rheumatoid arthritis, and that is the dosage he needs to take in order to feel the complete relief of his pain.

Some children who are given sulfa drugs and have an allergic reaction to them may have trouble with MSM because MSM is a type of sulfur.

It is not a drug. It is a natural compound that exists in all trees; it exists in every living thing.

It is very highly concentrated in foods like aloe vera. If you don’t like taking the supplement, you can always just switch over to aloe vera products which contain MSM in its natural form.

But, step by step, as we go deeper into it, we can begin to SOFTEN our DIGESTIVE TISSUE and it goes deeper and softens up the leathery tissue inside.

It starts breaking up the plaques and eventually you will see changes not only in your LIVER and PANCREAS and those subtle things, but also in your skin, your hair, your nails, and all areas where you have INFLAMMATION, in particular your JOINTS.

David: I took MSM in MASSIVE doses, of course starting small, for many, many years until I had BROKEN UP ALL THE SCAR TISSUE that was associated with that injury I was talking about.

Now, I take it just kind of for fun. It’s not something I am major need of right now, but I like it.

------------

Dr. Mercola: Okay, terrific. So what other tricks do you have up your sleeve for inflammation challenges?

David: Well, I think we can probably not go any further without talking about vitamin C.

Vitamin C is a tremendous antioxidant. It’s an anti-inflammatory. It’s super important for rebuilding collagen and connective tissue.

It’s a healer, essentially. We have heard a lot about it from Linus Paulings work that he did on vitamin C and the common cold.

What we really want vitamin C for is to REBUILD OUR CONNECTIVE TISSUE, to get our tissue to be healthy, and that is the anti-inflammatory effect.

Generally, you want to take your MSM and vitamin C TOGETHER if you can.

I always prefer the natural vitamin Cs that are on the market today, for example Acerola Cherry vitamin C, or rosehip vitamin C because it’s the real vitamin C.

According to Dr. James Duke and his research on vitamin C, the best of the vitamin C botanicals (which is a fancy word for these vitamin Cs that are made out of the whole plant) is camu berry.

-------------

DAVID: But, we do know that MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS are truly the original kind of idea of where we were going with the antibiotic concept.

They really are what it’s about. If we want to get our immune system to ramp up and be able to fight off very longstanding chronic conditions, these medicinal mushrooms – including REISHI mushrooms; CORDYCEPS; Agaricus blazei; the wonderful CHAGA mushroom, my personal favorite;

and others – should be part of our routine.

They are something we should be aware of and should start getting into if we are new to this information, because they can get in there and break up some of these LONGSTANDING INFECTIONS which show up as inflammation.

And then you can combine them with other medicinal tree mushrooms like chaga, mushrooms like maitake, shiitake, that also have these immune system enhancing effects and create what is called a HOST DEFENSE,...

.... where the combination of all of these mushrooms together is more powerful than any one of them alone.

I do want to mention ACAI, which we have heard so much about from every direction. It has very powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is known to actually spontaneously apoplectically break down CANCER cells in vitro.

So, that is really interesting. There has been a lot of research on cancer and acai, and something like 86% of cancer cells immediately disintegrate in the presence of acai in the test tube.

That is the innovation that Paul Stamets is driving with.

----------------

David: So whenever we take in oils, for example, that are rancid – like seed oils, cottonseed oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil – this can set off an inflammatory response.

Just like a food allergy can. By the way, there are lots of people out there are suffering from inflammatory responses to food due to allergies.

I do want to say that, because I certainly was one of those people.

But, when we get to these oils, when we shift away from these rancid oils and stuff you find in stores – like corn oils and those kind of things – we move to raw organic coldpressed olive oil, raw organic cold-pressed hempseed oil.

Especially with hempseed oil, we can start getting some of this prostaglandin 2 anti-inflammatory gammalinolenic acid anti-inflammatory response happening.

I have a friend of mine in Calgary, Alberta who is healing people with HEMPSEED and hempseed oil, just those two.

He is having amazing results, just switching people off of 16 very toxic, oily meat products and things that have just been cooked to death and really have nothing to do with anything natural.

He just shifts them over like, “Hey, how about having more hemp protein, hempseed and hemp oil in your diet?” He’s having wonderful effects with all kinds of conditions, but especially with anti-inflammatory affects.

-----------------

I want to mention, and this is really important in this antioxidant revolution that is occurring, there is an amazing antioxidant superherb out there called MANGOSTEEN.

I am speaking specifically of the organic mangosteen powder that is now available via online retailers and is coming into stores like Erewhon in Los Angeles, California and Hollywood.

It is a very powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, one of the greatest ever discovered. Mangosteen rind.

It’s a fruit rind, like an orange rind – but, obviously, it’s not an orange. This rind has been used traditionally in medicinal systems in Southeast Asia, all the way into Indonesia, since the beginning of recorded history, since people first started living in those areas.

Its antioxidants are very SPECIFIC in affecting RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS. Something to be aware of.

MERCOLA: But, what I’ve noticed in treating rheumatoid arthritis is that there are really two central elements.

Because it is an autoimmune disease, they have to be on vitamin D.

Most people in the country are low on vitamin D, but autoimmune patients are particularly low.

Then, there is the emotional component. There seems to be some type of autoimmune trigger with some emotional element that seems to be present before the age of five or six.

It is almost always there and seems to benefit from some solid emotional work that typically involves energy psychology.

These work synergistically with the approaches that you are mentioning, because sometimes, if you don’t do the basics that are independent of the herbs and the vitamins, the herbs and vitamins don’t work.

You get down to simple sun exposure and treating emotions, added on top of supplements, and you have a miracle.

--------------------
CELERY AND CUCUMBER AS ANTI INFLAMMATORY

Celery is very rich in electrolytes. It has a cooling effect on the body, which is really an anti-inflammatory effect.

Cucumber does as well. If you are wondering, “What do I eat? I am snacking on stuff and I know it’s not good for me!”

Eat A CUCUMBER A DAY, eat two cucumbers a day.

Get something in your body that is cooling, anti-inflammatory, and that is really good for your KIDNEYS.

It’s rich in natural high SPIN WATER and it’s also so digestible, especially if you get the skin off and you just eat the inner part of the cucumber.

This is really an important food that can be in our diet. Overall, in my opinion, I feel like it’s one of THE BEST FOODS ever, just a SIMPLE CUCUMBER.

“Cool as a cucumber.” A simple juice is celery and cucumber. There is no sugar. It’s an instant turn on for ENERGY.

It has an instant drawing effect of TOXINS out of your system due to the chlorophyll that is present in the celery. It’s awesome!

-------------

DAVID : And, just as a point of reference on that, because I’m so into immune system technology and immune system research, do you recall Dr. Lawrence’s research about TRANSFER FACTORS ?

About 60 years ago, he discovered that the smallest molecules in a mammal’s MILK , your Mom’s BREAST MILK, are actually what carry the IMMUNITY information.

I find that very fascinating. What apparently is carrying it is the HIGH SPIN WATER that is in the milk of a mammal, and that is really all about HYDROGEN.

This kind of guides us into a little bit of what I want to touch on too. I have mentioned this product line to you before, Dr. Patrick Flanagan’s MEGAHYDRATE and his Crystal Energy product, which are PHENOMENAL anti-inflammatories.

I just think they are some of the GREATEST YOUTHENING products out there as well, and you mentioned about the oxidation of oils.

This is something I have been made aware of by Patrick, who developed those products, and also by just my own experience.

As you digest oils, you’re going to have a reaction in your gut that is going to go into digestion. You’re going to have ACIDS produced, you’re going to have enzymes secreted.

That can actually increase oxidation of the substance and therefore you may only get, who knows, maybe it’s 10% or 40% delivered to the cells.

What I have noticed by taking MegaHydrate and/or Crystal Energy with everything is that it INCREASES that DELIVERY.

For example, if I take krill oil, I feel the delivery into my nervous system whereas I never felt it before; and don’t feel it if I don’t take the MEGAHYDRATE with it.

The MegaHydrate is an ANTIOXIDANT DELIVERY SYSTEM. So, whatever you are taking it with gets there WITHOUT OXIDATION.

It shields it in the way that the astaxanthin you mentioned before shielded the substances.

MERCOLA: But, I am wondering about this MEGAHYDRATE.

I have read the literature for it before and it seems that one of the benefits promoted is the HYDROGEN IONS are electrons.

I am wondering, from your experience, because I am trying to resolve this between the electrons that are transferred through a product like MEGAHYDRATE, relative to the ones that you would get through EARTH GROUNDING that you talked about earlier.

DAVID : That’s a great question and I have been trying to resolve that myself! I have heard it said that when you go outside and you walk barefoot on the earth, you are actually absorbing hydrogen right through your feet.

It’s coming out of the earth. It’s the carrier of the electron.

David: It takes a while for all those electrons to get deep into our system. So, if we can, bring them in other ways, for example, through antioxidants.

By the way, just to simplify that, they can be understood as pigments of color. I mean that’s really what an antioxidant is.

There are some exceptions, of course. But, in general, foods that are richly pigmented, like blueberries or goji berries or Spirulina or astaxanthin, the color pigment is the antioxidant.

In particular, that COLORED PIGMENT IS A HYDROGEN CONCENTRATE.

The same could be said with oils and fats that are really good in antioxidant qualities, just simple raw nuts, like PECANS or ALMONDS , are good antioxidants because the fat ...

.... is carrying a HUGE AMOUNT OF HYDROGEN, which is FREE ELECTRICITY– negatively charged electricity – and that actually helps to nourish our electrical system of our body, which by the way is a very important system.

When we become ELECTRICAL DEFICIENT, for example, we become deficient in negatively charged electricity – which could be understood as negatively charged hydrogen – which is when the trouble starts.

So, any hot spot of inflammation, let’s say it’s in our knees, it’s associated not only with an ELECTRON DEFICIENCY or an antioxidant deficiency, but, very specifically, with a POSITIVE CHARGE.

Now, that is really interesting. This CALCIFICATION INFLAMMATION can be neutralized by a NEGATIVE CHARGE ELECTRICALLY, and that’s actually what Clint Ober discovered, and that’s one of the things I’ve been working on when we do conferences.

Everybody who has a longstanding chronic pain, what we do is take an electrical rod, stick it in the ground. There is no electricity at all; it’s just the earth’s electricity.

And we run that right to the point where the pain is. Within minutes, generally, even if that pain has been there for months or years, the pain is alleviated.

I had this happen in Costa Rica, actually, on this last retreat we did. There was a woman who was very, very out of sorts because she had flown all the way from Northern Europe to Costa Rica, and her sinuses were wacked out.

I, literally, put a rod in the ground, ran the electrical wire right above her eye, right next to her nose.

There is a meridian point there in Chinese medicine and she was really feeling a lot of pain there. In fact, she wouldn’t even let me touch it, she was in such pain.

She just put that on there and it alleviated her pain and allowed her to get through that very excruciating sinus experience.

------------

MERCOLA: I don’t know if you’ve heard this, but you need to know this. This ASTAXANTHIN is amazing!

It works for three different things. It actually prevents against SUNBURN , so if you take 4 mg of astaxanthin you won’t get sunburnt.

There are animal studies that I reviewed on this that proves it eliminates CATARACTS and it eliminates the most common cause of BLINDNESS in the United States, which is age-related macular degeneration.

Now, if you have it, it won’t treat it. It will just stop it from progressing, but it actually prevents it from happening to begin with.

Then, lastly, which is an extension of this, but I just had some initial confirmation of this, is probably one of the best things you can do if you are going to fly.

At The Longevity Conference you taught me a phenomenal tip – which was so common sense – but it’s to fly at night.

But, if for whatever reason you’re not able to fly at night, then if you can take this, you’re going to protect your cells from that radiation damage.

It’s extracted from algae. Basically, it’s a seafood component.

And it’s in salmon, and it’s in krill, but it’s in higher concentrations in algae.

So, it’s taken from there, and concentrated and used as a supplement. It’s a bit pricy, but it’s SO effective.

DAVID: I do want to mention, because we’re onto the astaxanthin thing: there is the whole piece of this that comes out of the ocean, the marine PHYTOPLANKTON that are now being sold,

... that have all the PHOSPHOLIPID characteristics and help even to deliver the krill oil.

So, I want to mention that I will take marine phytoplankton – with krill oil, with MEGAHYDRATE, with reishi mushroom all together – and that is one heck of a blast-off.

Not only is it a super POWERFUL ANTI INFLAMMATORY, but it’s a super amazing BRAIN NOURISHING strategy to get your brain sharp, so everything is clicking.

Your MEMORY is there. Joe, everyday people say, “What can I do for my memory?” Every day people say that to me.

What I just said is something you can do! Marine PHYTOPLANKTON, which is a liquid product. I really like the Ocean’s Alive marine phytoplankton that is out there.

I love the krill oil that you have; thank you for doing that. You can take, then, the MEGAHYDRATE, and then REISHI mushroom capsulated powder, and boom! You do all four of those together and you are SINGING and DANCING!

I do want to mention this thing about WATER . We know there is a relationship between chronic inflammation and calcification.

So we have to be very careful of the TYPE of CALCIUM that is coming into our body. In particular, we want to avoid dirty calcium, bad calcium that is coming out of poor quality water, even tap water or any kind of water that is high in minerals that leave a white film behind.

We’ve all seen that with scale in our bathtub or white formations that show up around your shower head.

If you drink that kind of water, what’s happening is you’re increasing your load of bad calcium, which appears to be associated with INFLAMMATION.

So, we always want to drink a low TDS water; now, what the heck does that mean? It’s a LOW MINERAL WATER, or a LOW CALCIUM content water, in order to ALLEVIATE inflammation.

Now, the reason why I am bringing this up is because there is a lot of confusion about this ALKALINE water stuff.

Now, water that is high in calcium is alkaline, but is NOT GOOD for you. We want water that is, say, for example, rich in MAGNESIUM, which is alkaline; but it’s TOTALLY DIFFERENT than water that is rich in calcium.

Well, water is notoriously contaminated with too much calcium, and therefore, can lead down a pathway of ARTHRITIS.

There is a very solid relationship – over a 100 years of medical research on this – between well-water drinking that is high in CALCIUM and arthritis.

Of course, arthritis is always surrounded by an inflammatory response. So, if you can get your water purified to the point where you’ve gotten all those bad minerals out,

... namely CALCIUM, and secondarily, IRON , then you really have something you can hang your hat on, that you can drink.

Daniel Vitalis and I have been working for years to try to create education out there and free water out there for everybody by putting together a spring resource site, called findaspring.com, where you can get low TDS,...

... low calcium water for free in your local ecosystem, that is coming out of the ground 24 hours per day, seven days per week, ice cold, anti-inflammatory, real spring water, available to you for free on that site. So, that is something to be aware of as well.

David: I do want to mention that on the pH 5.5 in spring water, what that means is that the water is HIGH in HYDROGEN. So, it’s like MEGAHYDRATE.

MEGAHYDRATE is made out of spring water, and it’s a concentrate of the hydrogen of spring water with a FEW minerals added, silica hydride for example, and oleic acid in order to coat that.

That is the product of MegaHydrate. You can get the powerful hydrogen anti-inflammatory effect that LITERALLY DISSOLVES BAD CALCIUM.

I mean, really, if we want to get the BAD CALCIUM out of our system that is causing TENDONITIS, chronic problems in our JOINTS, etcetera, this HYDROGEN that is coming out of spring water can dissolve it.

I do have the actual test tube results pictured in my new Longevity Now Program, which the second edition is coming out here soon.

I do have that PICTURE in there of HOW HYDROGEN DISSOLVES BAD CALCIUM which is a very important piece of information. Because, again, underneath the inflammation appears to be a CHRONIC CALCIFICATION.

---------------
DAVID SUMMARIZES HIS TALK:

In summary of everything, we’ve covered a wide range of interesting subjects.

We have talked about moving forward with grace and ease and being in the flow.

Always start small. We started out with MSM, methylsulfonylmethane.

We dug a little bit into vitamin C. We got into the medicinal mushrooms.

We talked about some gammalinolenic acid products (GLA products) that are in hempseed; we have seen it also with Spirulina.

We dug into astaxanthin, which is great. MegaHydrate, krill oil, marine phytoplankton.

We got specific on some of these mushrooms, including reishi mushroom.

We talked about some food, including celery and cucumber.

And, of course, there is the whole barefoot piece, and just being able to get that natural energy coming up from the earth, that antiinflammatory energy, which also gets our posture in the correct positioning,

.... so our joints are going to be happier just from that alone.

We got into spring water; there is a lot in that whole piece about the nature of hydrogen and how it dissolves bad calcium.

We have been referencing all along this idea that if we can get underneath that inflammation, we might find that it’s bad calcium that is the cause – not good calcium, like you’d find in broccoli or vegetables, but bad calcium – like what comes up in well water,..

... or what might be dug up in a mine in Mexico and sold as a calcium carbonate supplement, which does not increase bone density and does not actually do what it’s stated to do.

Doctors and nutritionists are now aware of this.

We also got into this idea of doing what you can, as you can do it. Just add things in, have fun, have a good time with all of this, and participate in the greatest revolution in the health field ever in the history of the world.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Brussels,

Thanks so much for posting this and the easy read spacing. The spacing and type face at the link are really hard to read. Your post also works for cut & paste to a word page, to print out for easier storage and reading, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theresa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Theresa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was great. Fascinating .... walking barefoot. Thank you for posting. God bless, theresa
Posts: 479 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome!
-------------------
For GROUNDING AS ANTIINFLAMMATORY:

See the published paper:

The effects of grounding (earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases

James L Oschman,1 Gaétan Chevalier,2 Richard Brown3

1Nature’s Own Research Association, Dover, NH, USA; 2Developmental and Cell Biology Department, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA; 3Human Physiology Department, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, USA

Multi-disciplinary research has revealed that electrically conductive contact of the human body with the surface of the Earth (grounding or earthing) produces intriguing effects on physiology and health.

Such effects relate to inflammation, immune responses, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.

The purpose of this report is two-fold:

to 1) inform researchers about what appears to be a new perspective to the study of inflammation, and

2) alert researchers that the length of time and degree (resistance to ground) of grounding of experimental animals is an important but usually overlooked factor that can influence outcomes of...

.... studies of inflammation, wound healing, and tumorigenesis.

Specifically, grounding an organism produces measurable differences in the concentrations of WHITE BLOOD cells, CYTOKINES, and other molecules involved in the INFLAMMATORY response.

We present several hypotheses to explain observed effects, based on current research results and our understanding of the ELECTRONIC aspects of CELL and tissue physiology, cell biology, biophysics, and biochemistry.

An experimental injury to muscles, known as delayed onset muscle soreness, has been used to monitor the immune response under grounded versus ungrounded conditions.

Grounding REDUCES PAIN and alters the numbers of circulating NEUTROPHILS and LYMPHOCYTES, and also affects various circulating chemical factors related to inflammation.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Another very useful information for lyme disease: GROUNDING REDUCES BLOOD VISCOSITY.

Many lyme sufferers have very viscous dark blood. In such conditions, nothing works well (no nutrition is distributed well, bad flow of immunity cells, bad flow of toxins...).

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1089/acm.2011.0820

Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood
Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease

Abstract

Objectives:

Emerging research is revealing that direct physical contact of the human body with the surface of the earth (grounding or earthing) has intriguing effects on human physiology and health, including beneficial effects
on various cardiovascular risk factors.

This study examined effects of 2 hours of grounding on the electrical
charge (ZETA POTENTIAL) on red blood cells (RBCs) and the effects on the extent of RBC clumping.

Design/interventions:
Subjects were grounded with conductive patches on the soles of their feet and palms of
their hands.

Wires connected the patches to a stainless-steel rod inserted in the earth outdoors.

Small fingertip pinprick blood samples were placed on microscope slides and an electric field was applied to them.

Electro-phoretic mobility of the RBCs was determined by measuring terminal velocities of the cells in video recordings taken through a microscope.

RBC aggregation was measured by counting the numbers of clustered cells in each sample.

Settings/location:
Each subject sat in a comfortable reclining chair in a soundproof experiment room with the lights dimmed or off.

Subjects:
Ten (10) healthy adult subjects were recruited by word-of-mouth.

Results:
Earthing or grounding increased zeta potentials in all samples by an average of 2.70 and SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED RBC AGGREGATION.

Conclusions:
Grounding increases the surface charge on RBCs and thereby REDUCES blood VISCOSITY and
CLUMPING.

Grounding appears to be one of the simplest and yet most PROFOUND INTERVENTIONS for helping reduce
cardiovascular risk and cardiovascular events.

‘‘Erythrocytes have a strong net NEGATIVE charge called the ZETA POTENTIAL produced by the scialoglycoprotein coat such that
approximately 18 nm is the shortest span between two cells.

poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walking around barefooted can also give you hookworm.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Do you know the story of the skin warts, you catch on the swimming pool?

Walk barefoot and get those warts?

Well, some people never get them, while other get.

I'm convinced that borrelia goes exactly the same way: get bitten by an infected tick, and some people will be sick, others not.

The reason for that, is inside each person: borrelia can be easily tamed (even with coinfections) if your immune system is working properly.

A whacked immune system will have allergies, inflammation, infections, cancer.

Being afraid of the exterior environment, of fresh food, of breathing air and becoming a prisoner of your fears won't make your immune system stronger.

Plus, what's the purpose of living if you have to avoid contact with nature, with other people (as they are ALSO sources of bacteria and parasites).

Anyway, you can also connect yourself through pads, conductive gel and cables if you're afraid of worms.

Like: if you are afraid of warts, don't go to the pool.

If you're afraid of ticks, do not go out.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement