LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Night sweats and low body temp?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night sweats and low body temp?
Aneg
Member # 46674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aneg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has come and gone over the past two months but oh my gosh. I was officially diagnosed with Lyme two days ago.

Last night I woke up with sniffling nose and I was hurting. I think I may have some sort of cold or flu but I have been awake about 2 hours and the sneezing stopped.

I started my 30 day regime of antibiotics yesterday along with meds for BP and spasms. Well needless to say I left work early not feeling well.

Heck I came home and cried for like 2 hours. I guess my emotions are everywhere. The truth is I have not cried in many many months so it could be that the gate finally opened.

I woke up at 2 am feeling very cold, sneezing, and feeling just weird. I had terrible dreams.

I was drenched in sweat. I took my temp and it was 95.4 degrees F.

What the heck would cause that? I am tired of this.

Could this be the Lyme's or the starting of the antibiotics? I read about a condition where your body temperature plummets because it is in severe distress.

It all started within 1 hour of starting my new regime. I have not ever had an issue with tetracycline before.

--------------------
Life is short, live it without regrets.

Posts: 33 | From DFW | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aneg
Member # 46674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aneg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess nevermind to the question. I was reading and sure enough Lyme Disease can cause exactly what I have been feeling for months now.

I assume the feeling to cry out of no where is part of it too?

--------------------
Life is short, live it without regrets.

Posts: 33 | From DFW | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lyme may have messed up your thyroid.

Since you were just diagnosed, you're bound to be more emotional right now! Cut yourself some slack and cry away! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The low temp is pretty common. Mine has never gone away. The HPA axis gets discombobulated. Have you started any type of detox protocol? Try to at least do the juice of one lemon squeezed into a glass of water. Try an Epsom salt bath as well.

I'm glad you were at least able to get started on some ABX while you search for an LLMD. Best of luck.

Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been some weird viruses around, too. Even some celebrities have canceled concerts due to not feeling well. I read about it on-line.

I had it twice last summer...

It seems to affect people differently. I had bad aches & pains all over & a friend had a sore throat & cough.

Could be a combination of things...? Yeah, it no fun getting a Lyme diagnosis. I agree with Lymetoo - cut yourself some slack.

How about hormones? I know men who get hot flashes, too. Black cohosh or liquorice can help if it's menopausal or hormonal but you have to study it first.

Everything gets more complicated with Lyme.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anxiety and crying are listed as symptoms of Bartonella as is a low temperature. Even if I'm really sick, my temp nowadays never goes over 95. Years ago I had really weird dreams before I started abx. I think you said this all started after you started meds which sounds like a Herx - hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have always associated the night sweats with our daughters Babesia.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeinNJ
Member # 7805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeinNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since being infected with Babesia, I have night sweats with a lower temperature in the morning than usual (97).

I have been treated (to lengthy periods of remission) several times with Lyme but only had night sweats during co-infections with Babesia that resolved eventually with treatment.

Everyone's symptoms are different but I would definitely ask my doc about it.

As others have said, definitely be kind and patient with yourself!

Posts: 44 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edessajarrue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edessajarrue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be classic Babesia symptoms. I would be tested for this just in case. Mainstream doctors won't run the test as a standard. Many find one thing wrong and BINGO, they've solved the problem.

A full work-up of tick transmitted diseases is a really good idea to push for the next time you see you doc.

If a tick or another insect bit you with Lyme, it usually brings other uninvited friends with.

Edessa

Posts: 138 | From Eden Prairie, MN | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Do you have an ILADS educated LLMD? It seems that you may not as you say on 24 Sept.:

"started my 30 day regime of antibiotics yesterday"

While most regular doctors would not give that long a time, Lyme treatment with an ILADS educated LLMD would not be curtailed to just 30 days.

I know you have a lot on your plate right now yet just hope you have a true lyme literate MD who is looking at proper combination / rotation treatment over many months - treating two months past the time you would reach remission.

And, have you been assessed for the all the typical tick borne infections?

BABESIA should be top on that list due to night sweats (as several others above have commented).

BARTONELLA as well for it can turn emotions topsy turvy (though lyme, alone, can do that, too).

Good luck. Take care.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I'm hoping your doctor had you start liver support before the antibiotic. If not, now is a good time to get that on board. It really helps a great deal with how we can cope with treatment.

The crying can be due to liver stress.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
This part got lost . . . you say that on the 23rd of Sept., in addition to tetracycline, you also started

"meds for BP and spasms" Those can also be connected to side effects &/or liver stress.

Magnesium is really the very best helper for BP and spasms. In fact, those with lyme are often deficient in magnesium and that can cause issues with BP and spasms.

Too many drugs just cover up the cause and then complicate what the liver has to filter.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement