LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » BLOATED stomach, indigestion and Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BLOATED stomach, indigestion and Lyme
Kate8989
Member # 46664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate8989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought I had gastrointestinal problems, but it turns out that all of my indigestion, diarrhea and food in tolerances are most likely due to Lyme.

Over the last year, my digestive problems have worsened. I have had bouts of the stomach flu during which I would have excessive diarrhea and vomiting.

I also find that my stomach is irritated after consuming practically anything, especially dairy, gluten and any heavy high fat foods.

I also find that my stomach is irritated after consuming practically anything, especially dairy, gluten and any heavy fatty foods.

I feel horrible because when I am healthy I love to work out and exercise… And follow a healthy diet. But lately because I'm so tired and sick it's hard to find the energy to exercise and meanwhile no matter what, my stomach is distended and swollen looking .

Does anyone share this experience or have any suggestions on how to treat it? Diet tips?
Are gastrointestinal/digestion problems atypical symptoms of Lyme disease?

Thank you so much…

Posts: 6 | From Nj | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your diet and yeast situation? If you are being treated with antibiotics, you need to be on a low carb diet. Are you taking probiotics?
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Gluten, alone can do this. At the very least, a gluten free diet is a good idea to start.

A genetic test for celiac also a good idea but you don't have to wait to stop gluten for a genetic test you don't have to be consuming it for the test to register.

But, untreated lyme can also cause the symptoms you describe. Dairy too. And fatty foods are just so hard on the liver when the liver is toxic due to lyme.

When the liver is stressed, the belly will huff and puff, big time.

Your posting history said that some years ago you had a positive ELISA but negative Western Blot so no doctor would treat.

I hope you can find a good doctor now, a proper ILADS educated LLMD. Is that possible?

Good luck.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/soup-cookbook

Soup Cookbook website

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/recipes

Recipes

Search at www.amazon.com for:

LADLED: NOURISHING SOUPS FOR ALL SEASONS

- by Kimberly Harris (December 18, 2012)

over 50 reader reviews, a near perfect composite 5 star rating.

One reader notes: "Conducive to almost all specialty diets out there! GAPS, Paleo, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, real food......you name it, you will find a lot on this book for you."
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You mention not having energy to exercise. It's extremely important to know to AVOID AEROBIC exercise and go only for non-aerobic such as walking, Tai Chi or Qi Gong, Gentle yoga or pilates, light weights - and to move some everyday.

Aerobic exercise can damage the heart and there are other risks during infection. Adrenal support is key, outlined in the weight thread below.

This is not necessarily about weight as much as it's about inflammation. Yet, it is key to avoid processed foods and go food in its real form as straight from the earth as possible before cooking.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all).

GMO foods that destroy the GI Tract; Gluten; Dairy.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/112235?#000000

Topic: Borrelia Weight Gain? Understanding what is going on - & What Helps. Clean Foods & Safe Exercise discussed.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gluten, yeast .. big culprits .. but so is Lyme. Hard to sort out sometimes.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot of GI issues till I cut out all starches, grains and gluten. You may want to consider giving it a try.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a big range of gut issues that have got worse as time has gone on.

As others have said, it is hard sometimes to separate candida from bacterial dysbiosis, allergies and intolerances, low stomach acid, gastritis, gastroparesis, heavy metals and other toxic waste build-up and many other issues.

In my opinion, most, if not all, are caused by Lyme and co and it is a minefild trying to sort out what is what. It certainly makes sense to remove gluten and sugar from your diet and to limit carbs in general. If your symptoms are quite stable, you may be well advised to try an elimination diet (if not, it is very hard to tell whether your food reintroductions are responsible or not!).

It makes good sense to try to see a professional who can help steer you through this. Do you have a good LLMD to advise you or to recommend someone to help?

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement